Clonie Gowen Suing Basically Everyone At Ftp

Believe me on this one bro, she is drawing dead and just ruined herself. I'd bet a million dollars to your $1000 that she was never given 1% of the company. Actually that's not fair to you. I'm not going to share anything more than that on an internet forum, but Clownie has officially lost her mind and is probably going to end up with nothing, broke, and out of poker within the next two years. It's over for her. Good riddance.
:club: What do you really think Daniel??
  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's probably that I just don't want to believe it, I've met her a few times at Spirit Mountain in oregon, and she was always extremely nice and sweet, if not all together the pro she's cracked up to be on TV.
I cant believe you had another response then "Booked"
shes obv gonna end up getting a nice settlmetn out of court .. do you really think all of these guys wanna go under oath and divulge all the inside info ?shes a women and doing what they do best exstort men .. "dont bash me ladies but its true "for 50k you can have her wacked b4 court and im sure its been suggested already rofl. "im not condoning it"she needs to be careful where theres money theres ppl willing to fight for it at any cost ..imo
qftI have court on monday
I cant believe you had another response then "Booked"
well, if it was done by verbal agreement, then only a god cam could give us the proof we'd need to settle that bet. Listen, I'm not saying it would make sense for them to give her 1 percent, and I'd be shocked that they'd sign a contract for 1 percent.. but that doesn't mean she wasn't promised things that weren't delivered, or led to believe it's 1 percent. I don't know the woman, but she doesn't seem like the type that would just make up a story like this. She seems really nice. She doesn't seem smart enough to be a con woman.
Believe me on this one bro, she is drawing dead and just ruined herself. I'd bet a million dollars to your $1000 that she was never given 1% of the company. Actually that's not fair to you. I'm not going to share anything more than that on an internet forum, but Clownie has officially lost her mind and is probably going to end up with nothing, broke, and out of poker within the next two years. It's over for her. Good riddance.
gg clownie (good one DN :club:)

I just read the legal document. It's clear there was no written contract. She says that Bitar contacted her at her home in April 2004 and offered her a 1% ownership interest to represent the FTP brand; she was to be the "female pro". She asked for a written contract, he said we'll do that part at the WSOP. In May she attended a meeting in Ivey's suite where all the others were there and no one disabused her of the notion that she was a stakeholder like the rest. She continued to represent FTP, to have her website promote them, to be a "team member" etc etc like the others. She says none of the others have written contracts either. She wants $40 million. She can probably prove that she is entitled to some compensation, since they have used her to promote the brand, but I don't see how she can prove she owns 1% if there is no written contract and no recording of the phone call.

clonie is obv back on the meth train and is going through her wealth at a very fast pace,so to make sure she has enuff meth to last her until shes in her 100s she is sueing full tilt .id really like to know who owns how much shares in ftp/tiltware and how filthy rich they are.
it is rumored that ivey makes 2mil a month from ftp
I just read the legal document. It's clear there was no written contract. She says that Bitar contacted her at her home in April 2004 and offered her a 1% ownership interest to represent the FTP brand; she was to be the "female pro". She asked for a written contract, he said we'll do that part at the WSOP. In May she attended a meeting in Ivey's suite where all the others were there and no one disabused her of the notion that she was a stakeholder like the rest. She continued to represent FTP, to have her website promote them, to be a "team member" etc etc like the others. She says none of the others have written contracts either. She wants $40 million. She can probably prove that she is entitled to some compensation, since they have used her to promote the brand, but I don't see how she can prove she owns 1% if there is no written contract and no recording of the phone call.
Once again an example of GET IT IN WRITING PEOPLE. You're right McGee. If she went along with this then she's not very bright.
Once again an example of GET IT IN WRITING PEOPLE. You're right McGee. If she went along with this then she's not very bright.
Not at all saying she shouldn't have gotten it in writing, but we're all poker players, our word is gold right? Or at least, that's what I thought we all claim in this business...Obv this was all back in the day when they probably didn't imagine they would be making this kind of ridiculous money from an online poker site too.If its true that none of the other stakeholders had any sort of contract, then I think based on how FTP has used her and marketed her that she is going to get something substantial out of this. And I understand Daniel is upset because he has close friends involved in all of this, but this surely isn't the end for Clonie in poker. Her end might just be because she isn't very good, but unless I have absolutely zero grasp of human nature, I'll take Daniel up on his a million to my thousand that all the horny boys in poker aren't going to stop talking to a semi attractive chick lol. Outside of maybe the people actually being sued and some of their close friends, the world is going to forgive and forget pretty easily if she's proven to be psycho. And if she wins, then everyone is going to say "good for you sweetie!" Mark
I don't know the woman, but she doesn't seem like the type that would just make up a story like this. She seems really nice. She doesn't seem smart enough to be a con woman.
Now, Clonie may be clean for all we know and the meth rumors may be just that.BUT I must add... I have known many, many meth addicts, including friends and close family members. Some clean up... most can't, or they clean up, then fall back into it easily. It's a battle to stay off it like any serious drug. When a user's off it, they're normal, they're nice. But when you get on it, it completely screws you up. You become someone disturbingly different.This lawsuit may be the actions of someone who isn't in her right mind right now.
It's so obvious what she is trying to do. Who do you think posted the link on the internet? She wants to create a stir in the hopes that she can get some kind of home rum settlement figuring FTP can afford it and it's easier to throw money at her and make her go away. All of it based on complete lunacy and lies. I hope she ends up with what she deserves: nothing. She's ruined herself with this move. I'll never speak to her again, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
This is kinda what I was talking about, BigD, when I said that she would probably be ostracized by the poker community. She's taking a huge risk. If she walks away without a decision in her favor, I would imagine her chances of finding a reputable backer would diminish greatly. Probably the biggest gamble of her career, and if DN knows anything (and you would imagine he does, b/c he has the inside knowledge), then it doesn't look like she has the edge on this gamble. Oops.
Well, it's probably that I just don't want to believe it, I've met her a few times at Spirit Mountain in oregon, and she was always extremely nice and sweet, if not all together the pro she's cracked up to be on TV.
Did you ever get that PSP???
not when you go through 2-3k a day 10-15 a week .. not too mention shes a compulsive gambler gambling her meth sacks away in coinflips with other addicts in the alleys..
Absolutely, positively impossible...Trust me on this.Coke, yeah, meth, not in your wildest dreams.
a 2k a day meth habit would be pretty impressive
Give me 2k worth of meth and I'm locking the Jonas Brothers in a seedy motel room until one claws his way through the walls the victor.
1. Bad for Poker.2. I'd bet $50,000 that she has no contract stating she owns 1% of the company.3. This will cause her a lot of personal pain.4. She'll spend more in lawyer fees than she'll get in a settlement.5. I don't believe that she was ever an owner of any percentage of FTP.
It would have been so much better if Daniel used checkboxes in his post.
Easily would have been post of the year.Great Thread

I can't believe all the resentment towards Clonie in this thread... she seems like such a nice woman to me, and I'd be willing to bet that she's never taken any drugs, or done anything immoral in order to get some money, in her life.Maybe you're all jealous (including Daniel), of her loveable personlity, good looks and charm.

BigD is right that Daniel's bias is showing a little bit here. I am not saying that he lacks insight into FTP. In fact, I am sure that he has a great deal of insight; however, I also don't believe that the insiders at FTP are sharing everything with him (regardless of close friendships) because of: (a) the questionable legality of their operating and being part-owners of a gambling site in the U.S.; (B) his affiliation with a rival site; and © the fact that he posts things on an Internet forum, which makes him wonderfully accessible to fans like me, but somewhat of a liability for persons that are looking to avoid commentary on their legal affairs. To be clear, I am not at all insinuating that DN is incapable of using discretion or keeping secrets, but I am saying that even his comments in this thread would be more than I would want to see if I were involved in a lawsuit. Clonie did not post the link. The link in this thread is a Justia link, which is a legal service. In other words she didn't have to leak anything, it is a service.And for the person that said that verbal contracts over $500 are not binding, I am hoping that you are not a lawyer, as you are grossly overstating the facts and doing so to such a degree that I imagine that you are just speculating with not actual basis. I am not providing any legal opinion here, just stating that your statement is accurate only in limited situations and rather than making sweeping generalizations you should be more specific.

And for the person that said that verbal contracts over $500 are not binding, I am hoping that you are not a lawyer, as you are grossly overstating the facts and doing so to such a degree that I imagine that you are just speculating with not actual basis. I am not providing any legal opinion here, just stating that your statement is accurate only in limited situations and rather than making sweeping generalizations you should be more specific.
call me on the phone do i have an offer for you