Obama's Job Questionnaire

This is what you get when you let lawyers make the rules...they need to be sure they don't hire a closet conservative. They do have a reputation to keep!!

This is what you get when you let lawyers make the rules...they need to be sure they don't hire a closet conservative. They do have a reputation to keep!!
I think it probably has more to do with the media or opposing political party taking the opportunity to jump all over any little thing that can make Obama look bad, no matter how low level the staffer is.But the media loves Obama and would never do anything blah blah blah, you know what I'm saying.I did enjoy this one though:Diaries: If you keep or have ever kept a diary that contains anything that could suggest a conflict of interest or be a possible source of embarrassment to you, your family, or the President-Elect if it were made public, please describe.Also, SAM, is that your "Clinton" note in the margin?
Also, SAM, is that your "Clinton" note in the margin?
No that's straight from the NYT website.My favorite part was about guns. Why are they so worried about gun ownership when he was so pro second amendment during the campaign?
No that's straight from the NYT website.My favorite part was about guns. Why are they so worried about gun ownership when he was so pro second amendment during the campaign?
That was the one that bothered me also Sam. I guess it's to prevent a repeat of Cheney's hunting trip?Anyway, if Sarah Palin had had to fill out one of those perhaps the Republicans would have either chosen someone else or at least not been surprised when stuff started coming up.
That Obama would have no chance of passing, if anyone bothered to examine his past before they voted for him.
I don't think its a matter of "passing" or "failing". These are just things they want to know about when weighing who to choose since they will have to deal with the public's reaction to everything. I'm sure they want to avoid what happened to Clinton with the Baird nomination in '93 (the nomination was withdrawn when a stink was made about her having hired illegal aliens).
I don't think its a matter of "passing" or "failing". These are just things they want to know about when weighing who to choose since they will have to deal with the public's reaction to everything.
being passed over = failing

Questionares like this have been floating around since atleast the Nixon administration...I talked to a guy that worked in VP Agnew's office and he had to go over a questionare just like this. Its all about deep vetting. Its all about knowing what may or may not be coming if someone is brought into the administration.

• 9 months later...
What are the chances any candidate to work in the administration filled this out or was this out document just put out there for show?
You don't have enough current fodder on Obama to discuss that you have to dig out a year old thread and revive it? Com'on 85, you're better than that.

Don't watch the news much? Last November after the national election Team Obama announced to the American public that they would initiate the most extensive and invasive application process ever. Their vetting process would "go beyond what might have been expected."Either Team Obama ignored Van Jones' past-- accepted and agreed with his past-- or completely misrepresented their vetting process to the American public.

That questionnaire is exactly what is needed for politicians.Anyone who wants to be a politician should automatically be disqualified from the process.We used to draft Soldiers. We should draft politicians. Soldiers give their lives. politicians convince others to give for their lives.