Kurt Warner Hof?

Where do you live, Sacramento? Just in case I randomly happen to be in your area with a spare hour.Why, they could sneak into the 8th spot. You wouldn't have your team make the playoffs even if they get swept by the Lakers, than get a higher draft pick?
Yeah Sac suburbs (well moving back to there soon enough at least)And yes, I want a top 3 pick. We suck, we are riddled with mediocre players. It's like we have a team full of MLE's.
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Sac suburbs (well moving back to there soon enough at least)And yes, I want a top 3 pick. We suck, we are riddled with mediocre players. It's like we have a team full of MLE's.
Option A: Lakers go 70-12, homecourt throughout playoffs. Kings get 8th seed and beat the Lakers in 5 games ending their dream season in devastating fashion.Option B: Kings go 15-67 and get the #1 pick.Which do you choose?
Option A: Lakers go 70-12, homecourt throughout playoffs. Kings get 8th seed and beat the Lakers in 5 games ending their dream season in devastating fashion.Option B: Kings go 15-67 and get the #1 pick.Which do you choose?
B. Without question. Long term over immediate pleasure.
Wow. Well good luck. I think they're too good though, they're going to need ping pong ball help.
I KNOW! We keep singing medicore players. WTF. WHY. We do a great job of drafting value for the position we have, but they are never superstars.
21st and final round, 3 days before he was named the starter over lienhart. It saddens me that I oculdn't have made some killer trade for a dependable running back ( which I could really use). I would have traded brady instead of KW, 'cause I think I would have gotten more for the name. But, I'm still glad my season isn't ruined. Depending on what the scoring of your league is ( like 6 points for qb td's or something) you could make the case for brady number 1.
exactly. I think people are nuts to not take him 1st and he was going like 8th on average. He outscored everyone by 100 points last year.
what the hell happened with you in dynasty 2 this week?
I beat the hell out of the commish. that's what.
You want to make a $50 bet for 8 years from now? Is that in todays dollars or future dollars? Should we calculate the NPV?
Let's go in today's dollars. I might not have my DQ in 8 years.
exactly. I think people are nuts to not take him 1st and he was going like 8th on average. He outscored everyone by 100 points last year.
Yeah, but that was also the first year he was ever a truly great fantasy player, So I see nothing wrong with taking LT at one. But really, I didn't see any of the guys at 2 that I thought would be better than brady. Maybe the trade off of not having one of the very few great running backs is considered too much by poker writers or what ever, but I thought, if healthy, he would have put up like 40+ td's, which is absurd.
B. Without question. Long term over immediate pleasure.
Meh, I think it depends what the draft looks like. If you can get someone like Lebron, I agree, but this year is pretty slim, I think I would take historic rival spite. That's worth a year in the rebuilding process if you weren't going to get a stud anyway.
Yeah, since I set your line up for you...When you do shit like that in a dynasty, everyone else thinks you are tanking so you get a better pick for next year. And I'm the one who has to answer to all of them about it.
Yeah, since I set your line up for you...When you do shit like that in a dynasty, everyone else thinks you are tanking so you get a better pick for next year. And I'm the one who has to answer to all of them about it.
Word. Don't be that guy brvheart. You're lineup would've been empty aka 0 points. Not cool.
um yea, maybe because he adjusted your lineup......
Word. Don't be that guy brvheart. You're lineup would've been empty aka 0 points. Not cool.
I seriously say if this shit happens again he should be outed. and fwiw i think i have someone that'd be interested. back to the warner talks now....
LOL. I've never played in a league in my entire life that didn't keep the lineup from the previous week. This site you guys play on is totally sucky. That being said, if I had known that I would have gotten zero points I would have set my lineup. Also, I don't need to do anything to get the first pick. It's already a lock.
As a Blazer fan, I'd take Option A all day long.. Of course, I know we'd just waste the #1 pick.. but still..Oh and for the record, Warner has more rings than Dan Marino.. and something stupid like the 2nd highest QB Rating of all time behind Steve Young.
What if he becomes the burth blyevin of QB's, where he's not in, but you're never sure if he's gonna stay out? You should make the bet First ballot, just so it has some closure.
See below.
You know you can't ever win that bet.
You know it doesn't really matter. Making fun of him about it will be worth more than the $100...especially $100 in 20 years will be like 56 cents now.
  • 2 weeks later...
Hell yes he is.When he was good... he was the BEST.
You just like him because he's a god fearin' man. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you're not a big football fan.
I think you heard wrong about that. His Christian thing came from 1996 when Brenda's parents were both killed by a tornado.
This is funny to me.
I will be the stick in the mud. He needs another couple good years before he is a sure fire hall of famer. And three more before he is first ballot. He had too many bad years sandwiched between 3-4 great ones. His resume right now is a lot like terrell davis. Who is not a lock though I feel he should get in (and I feel Warner should too if he has another couple good years).
I agree, although this year might be the deal maker. Two more years like this and he's first ballot.
I think he'd make the HOF if his career ended today.
I do too, but he's not a mortal lock. Yet.
Oh and for the record, Warner has more rings than Dan Marino.
I hate you a little bit for saying this.
You just like him because he's a god fearin' man. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you're not a big football fan.
Lord knows I hate to defend hollywood, but A) I'm pretty sure he's a huge football fan, being a crazed texan and all and B) At his peak, Warner was just about the best ever, I completely agree. I would take a peak Warner over a peak almost everyone else except for maybe like Brady, Elway, Marino, Montana and Steve Young ( who's peak I think I'd take over anyones, truth be told, though I know I'll get heat for saying it). And really, I think you can make a case that Warner's peak was better than all of those guys ( I think you'd be wrong, but I don't think you'd be crazy for thinking it). I'd take a peak Warner over Manning and Favre.
As a Blazer fan, I'd take Option A all day long.. Of course, I know we'd just waste the #1 pick.. but still..
Good. That's what I'd choose if it was reversed. Not Lakers Blazers, but if I was the team always getting beat up by the-you know what I mean.
Lord knows I hate to defend hollywood, but A) I'm pretty sure he's a huge football fan, being a crazed texan and all and B) At his peak, Warner was just about the best ever, I completely agree. I would take a peak Warner over a peak almost everyone else except for maybe like Brady, Elway, Marino, Montana and Steve Young ( who's peak I think I'd take over anyones, truth be told, though I know I'll get heat for saying it). And really, I think you can make a case that Warner's peak was better than all of those guys ( I think you'd be wrong, but I don't think you'd be crazy for thinking it). I'd take a peak Warner over Manning and Favre.
I would take a 1999-2001 Warner over Elway for sure, and Marino, anytime after 1988. I would need to see tape of Montana and Young to really make a good decision, because while I remember them being awesome... who really knows? I mean, defenses are WAY better and more sophisticated today. Warner may be a TON better... I just wouldn't be able to make an unbiased decision without reviewing a lot of game film.
I would take a 1999-2001 Warner over Elway for sure, and Marino, anytime after 1988. I would need to see tape of Montana and Young to really make a good decision, because while I remember them being awesome... who really knows? I mean, defenses are WAY better and more sophisticated today. Warner may be a TON better... I just wouldn't be able to make an unbiased decision without reviewing a lot of game film.
I'd be less inclined to take Warner over Elway than Marino or Montana. I pretty much think Elway is the best qb of all time.
I'd be less inclined to take Warner over Elway than Marino or Montana. I pretty much think Elway is the best qb of all time.
I was never an Elway fan.

Hes got a chance of finishing with the best QB Rating ever(I think). Hes won a league MVP and a Super Bowl, I say auto yes.EDIT: Well dont know if he can pass him but his rating going into this year for a career is 93.2 and Steve Young is #1 with 96.9

I was never an Elway fan.
I was... that broncos team was my second favorite after the bears at the time, and I was polarized into liking Elway 'cause pops hated him. Plus, his first super bowl was over the packers and brett favre, so pretty much send it to elway.