88 Nearing The Bubble

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $3.00+$0.25 Tournament, 400/800 Blinds 50 Ante (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG (t6235)MP (t11240)CO (t3040)Button (t5780)SB (t12030)Hero (BB) (t5590)Hero's M: 3.73Preflop: Hero is BB with 8 :ts, 8 :club:UTG raises to t6185 (All-In), 4 folds, Hero...12 left, 7 paid. Call or fold? Villain has not stood out from the profile of the average $3 45 man player.

shovei probably shove 77+ and AJ+ here, might go with 66 too, not sure, depends on the player
I do too, but UTG shoved, so is it call or fold? If I give UTG your shoving range, then I probably have to fold. I have him on a wider range UTG with blinds so high, but I'm not sure if it's wide enough to call. Anyone know what his range needs to be to make it a good call?
I do too, but UTG shoved, so is it call or fold? If I give UTG your shoving range, then I probably have to fold. I have him on a wider range UTG with blinds so high, but I'm not sure if it's wide enough to call. Anyone know what his range needs to be to make it a good call?
sry by shove i mean call. his range utg here is probably like, 22+, KJ+, A8s+, A9o+. Could be alot wider if hes a bad player
My odds against that range are pretty close to 50/50. Without running the ICM, I would think it'd be a pretty thin call against that range. Hmmm...
There's your answer. I think that's a liberal enough range for UTG to be pushing here and if you're no better than 50% against that range it looks like a fold to me. Wait for FIV.
My odds against that range are pretty close to 50/50. Without running the ICM, I would think it'd be a pretty thin call against that range. Hmmm...
Ya im not sure about the ICM, dont feel like running it but I think with your stack you need a double. Like I said he could be a lot wider too. Most 45man donks will shove most aces there imo

Villain's M is also pretty low and he is about to eat the blinds at a cost of nearly 20% of his stack.Whether or not villain is that savvy, I'm not implying this is a steal: I do think he has some sort of hand. But I think we see any Ace, small pairs and similar hands, maybe even KQ-K10 or QJ, along with the usual range (AA-77, AK-AJ). This villain's probably itching to take a shot, if only to snap up blinds and antes for another orbit.As sennin mentioned, we need at least a double up to assure ourselves of cashing, let alone a chance at the top spots, and waiting too long to do it may require more than that. The only way I wouldn't immediately call here is if this villain had played tight or I had some other read that indicated I could be beat.

Villain's M is also pretty low and he is about to eat the blinds at a cost of nearly 20% of his stack.Whether or not villain is that savvy, I'm not implying this is a steal: I do think he has some sort of hand. But I think we see any Ace, small pairs and similar hands, maybe even KQ-K10 or QJ, along with the usual range (AA-77, AK-AJ). This villain's probably itching to take a shot, if only to snap up blinds and antes for another orbit.As sennin mentioned, we need at least a double up to assure ourselves of cashing, let alone a chance at the top spots, and waiting too long to do it may require more than that. The only way I wouldn't immediately call here is if this villain had played tight or I had some other read that indicated I could be beat.
QFT, plus this is a turbo and hero is really not close enough to the bubble to sit tight (not to mention that he doesn't want to just straggle into 7th place if he can take a shot at doing better). I'd say even if hero is 50% against villain's range, the structure and the huge blinds make it worth taking a shot at.
Call and hope we are racing and not dominated, but at this point I can't see folding here.
We can also hold out some hope for 77 or lower, and maybe some A8, A7, etc.; maybe even some T8s (a hand I like to shove with) and similar.

I don't agree. Hero is already in the BB, which means if he doesn't get anything pushable in the SB he'll then be in prime blind-stealing position for 2 or 3 hands. Hero isn't yet desperate enough that he has to make this call, IMO.