• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question. Why is slow rolling so bad? Everyone says it's classless and it's awful.. but I mean.. why? Why does everyone hate it so much? because we're supposed to? You lose the same amount if they slow roll you or if they don't.. sorry, just a philosophical quandary for you.

I have a question. Why is slow rolling so bad? Everyone says it's classless and it's awful.. but I mean.. why? Why does everyone hate it so much? because we're supposed to? You lose the same amount if they slow roll you or if they don't.. sorry, just a philosophical quandary for you.
There isn't any point to it aside from trying to piss the guy off or tilt him. Wouldn't you be pissed if you shipped it on the river with 2nd nuts and the guy tanks for 5 minutes only to show you the nuts?
it depends on the exact situation but like DN's hand the guy took his sweet time calling an allin with Aces is gross just because it adds a whole level of, o man if he is taking this long I must be good, and then get blindsided when he turns over the nuts.online it is tough because a lot of times people aren't paying attention to what is going on.
Becasue when another player hesitates you think oh my two pair are good this tourney is mine, then when he stares you down and says you got two pair. And its thee in the morning and everyone is drunk, and he finally turns over the flopped straight to win the tourney that pisses people off.
There isn't any point to it aside from trying to piss the guy off or tilt him. Wouldn't you be pissed if you shipped it on the river with 2nd nuts and the guy tanks for 5 minutes only to show you the nuts?
okay, but why is that "wrong". Isn't your goal to win the guy's money, and isn't that easier if he's tilted?

I prob slow roll 1/2 the time accidently because I am playing so many tables and it's prob the same with other people too. I have only noticed being slowrolled once lol

I prob slow roll 1/2 the time accidently because I am playing so many tables and it's prob the same with other people too. I have only noticed being slowrolled once lol
Did full tilt let you keep your points from last night?
You haven't been slowrolled "at least 10 times" today. You're just an overreacting little bitch.Carry on.
Oh and maybe people are just playing a lot of tables. Slowrolling only happens when they time down and then activate their time bank and let it run dooooooowwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
okay, but why is that "wrong". Isn't your goal to win the guy's money, and isn't that easier if he's tilted?
I mean, it isn't against the rules obviously. You have the right to do it. It's just an unwritten ethical rule that you don't do it.
I mean, it isn't against the rules obviously. You have the right to do it. It's just an unwritten ethical rule that you don't do it.
I know it is, I know it is, but I mean, why? Why do we just accept these "unwritten ethical rules"? Isn't poker about getting an edge? Now, I understand, if you're in your local card game, playing with people you play with all the time, why you wouldn't slow roll a weak player.. you don't want to chase them off or what ever. And I also understand, back in the olden days, if you slowrolled the wrong guy, you'd get shot. But these days, online, no one's going to shoot you. No one's going to stop going on pokerstars because they got slow rolled. If you play in some giant card room, or if you're in vegas on vacation or something, and you slow roll somebody, you're never going to see that person again, and if he's a tough player, but might tilt.. why wouldn't you do it? Obv, you wouldn't do it to a fish or something, but why wouldn't you do it to a rock or a tough player? what's the downside? It isn't "Classy"? So what? I wouldn't want it done to me, so I shouldn't do it to others? I don't want people drawing to flushes against me either, but it doesn't stop me from drawing at flushes.Listen, I'm just playing devil's advocate here.. I hate it when I get slow rolled to, but it just kind of hit me now, why do I even care? what does it even matter if I get slow rolled? I lose either way? And why don't I slow roll, if tilting someone gives me an edge? I show bluffs when I think it will tilt someone and give me an edge. I Krab Dance when I think it will give me an edge, why don't I slow roll? Just food for thought.
I've been slowrolled at least 10 times today. Im not exaggerating. SO.. Im going to be slowrolling every chance I get from now on. Noone is exempt. carry on.
I had no less than ten guys take a shit on my front porch tonight so, from now on, every time I need to shit, I am going to go to one of my neighbours houses and shit on there porch.
Two rights do however make a U-turn.
You haven't been slowrolled "at least 10 times" today. You're just an overreacting little bitch.Carry on.
yeah, with the same answer like 3/5 times.Vick12 and somebody else definitely did chat at your talble, right?
I wanna skype.
I had no less than ten guys take a shit on my front porch tonight so, from now on, every time I need to shit, I am going to go to one of my neighbours houses and shit on there porch.
I'll tell you one thing.. if I wake up one morning, and there are 10 independent shits on my porch, someone's porch is going to suffer that night, I promise you that. And it won't be some nice, easy, clean, tightly packed shit of a healthy balanced diet either.