Hi! I recently started playing Pot limit omaha Hi/Lo, and by recently I mean yesterday. well I started by winning 22 dollars but today I'm up like 11 dollars only. Anyway there is one hand I really like to know how to play it since ive been in similar situations many times during these past 2 days of play.okay its the turn, 9 dollars in the pot, 2.5 for me to call, If i call and hit I can max jam in 3 dollars more.the board is T847 with three clubs.. There are 2 people in the hand other than me, Im 95% sure one of themhas the flush and that the other one has a decent low hand.. Ive got T84, making me have three pairs giving me 6 outs for a full house, what is the correct play here and why?as stupid/great as I am I called, then when I missed I folded. And they had what I put them on.Side note: wouldnt surprise me if someone commented on why I was in the pot with that hand to begin with, well I was in the big blind and nobody raised preflop.second side note: flop was bet from me and they called, comment on that aswell if u wish.My hand: T849 Flop: Tc 8c 4?turn: 7cSorry if I havent used one of those converter things, will try to learn how to use em in the future.and thanks in advance for all the comments

T849? the 4 is a dangler that leaves you with a 3 card hand, and with 89T *any* straight you make will be in crisis. You will need a rainbow flop, and there is no board that can come out to give you the nut straight without either putting a low on the board as well, or pairing the board. It's a really bad situation all around.And i second what rvr said about not playing for half the pot. It's bad to be second-best, but it's infintely worse to be second-best when playing for half the pot.On the turn it's a 9 dollar pot, but you are only playing for $4.50 of it.. It costs you $2.50 to win $4.50 You aren't even getting 2-1 with 6 probable outs out of 44 cards to come. You are worse than a 7-1 dog and not even getting 2-1 on your call.Two other problems: 1. ) You aren't certain 8s and 4s are outs.. Somone holding middle set kills you if 4 comes off, someone holding top set kills you if an 8 or a 4 comes out. it's not overly likely, but you don't even have 6 guaranteed outs. You have 2. On average, you can say you have 5 outs for figuring math.2. ) You need someone else to have the NUT flush and be willing to pay off on a paired board in a multiway pot. That's your implied odds. Again, that's a lot of ifs. You are throwing your money away 6 out of 7 times, and no matter what happens, getting paid enough that 7th time you hit the 10 isn't going to make up for your six losses, even in pot limit.That club on the turn ends your involvement in the hand, esp since the 7 fills a few of the more amusing gutshot straights.

Thank you for the advise, no more betting those type of hands for me then :club: @cappy, I got alot out of your post especially, Believe it might improv my chances of being a winner at the PLO tables. TY!

Thank you for the advise, no more betting those type of hands for me then :club: @cappy, I got alot out of your post especially, Believe it might improv my chances of being a winner at the PLO tables. TY!
Well, never say never.. A lot of it is flop texture, too.. Having 3 low cards on board + a flush draw isn't an ideal spot for you. In similar spots you are ok betting.. If there isn't 3 low cards out there, you can get called buy drawing hands that you are beating.. If there is just flush draws out there, you can get called by hands you are beating. If you have top 3 pair without a flush on board, you can push pretty hard because someone else needs the *last two* tens or eights to have a better made hand. Just make sure you realize you are playing for the whole pot. There are certainly situations where you can play two naked low draws against each other with a strong high hand, but this isn't one of them. Fom a straight perspective, the 7 isn't overly scary because it fills only one straight that isnt a complete gutshot: J9. If you have access to Doyle's SuperSystem 2, the section on O8b is really good for covering most of the bases. If you are fairly new to o8b, i'd actually suggest playing quite a bit of fixed limit o8b, to hone your game and decrese the damage small mistakes can have on your bankroll. Or, if you are like me, it's just so much easier to 4table LO8b, where solid play should net you decent returns.. And it's easier to fold crappy hands and avg hands in bad position, when you have 4x the hands to look at to stave away boredom. :ts

i almost always play three pairs fast on the flop. on that flop i would consider check/folding a legitimate option. if it goes bet call you can call and try to draw to a boat. the problem is that unless you boat up there really isn't any turn card you want to see.