The Official Southern State Secession Thread

Not saying that it's going to happen, but I'm supposing there will be some Southern states who might very well begin a new move to form their own country and government.Does anyone think this is already happening? Will a movement grow and be a strong voice for independance? What will it mean?These and many more questions should be discussed here.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying that it's going to happen, but I'm supposing there will be some Southern states who might very well begin a new move to form their own country and government.Does anyone think this is already happening? Will a movement grow and be a strong voice for independance? What will it mean?These and many more questions should be discussed here.
This is so mid 19 century.however if it happens :club: I GOTproperty in tennessee.
The more likely scenario is Alaska seceding. When they try and take The Yukon with them you know who Canada will be sending up there to protect us.dudley_doright.jpg
The South will take Alaska AND it's polar bears, oil pipeline, mooses (meeces?) and of course, the lipstick.
Wyatt Earp: I just want you to know it's over between us. Curly Bill: Well... bye. Johnny Ringo: Smell that, Bill? Smells like someone died.
The real question is, if the south seceded, would Texas Secede from the souch?
I think Texas would become it's own country. A Republic, if you will...Just like in Jericho.
I think Texas would become it's own country. A Republic, if you will...Just like in Jericho.
Texas could never and will never be its own country. 100% impossible.
Was secession a possibility originally built into the Constitution? I know that states' rights were very important at that time to the founders. Was the ability to secede from the union considered one of those states' right?
The Constitution is silent on the issue and there is still debate over whether secession is possible.
The Constitution is silent on the issue and there is still debate over whether secession is possible.
I think you mean legal. Of course it was possible, all the south needed was a stronger industrial base and more irish immigrant cannon fodder.