How is the Speaker of The House determined because Pelosi makes me cringe and there must be better Democrats in the House for that position than her. She comes across as way too partisan and petty.
#2... we are on a roll today.
  • Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, this is horrible, this post.

Turns out I'd do, what I've always done, cash farm subsidy checks and compulsively masturbate.

The majority didn't vote against him. The majority stayed home.   The GOP candidate had less votes in 2016 than in 2012 or 2008, when they lost both times.   Dems (and repubs) just HATED Hillar

Great speech and a great American. I just wish we had run someone else up against the messiah. Palin killed him. He picks Romney and today looks much different imo.The only good thing is that while this was a good/healing change in the mind of the world, it was not a mandate for this country. Obama will have a very tough go trying to install the most radical of his ideas, although he most certainly will get plenty of them thru.I wonder how long it takes before Farrakhan, Ayers and Jackson start shaking him down?The Obama watch begins....
Another problem I have with this post, other than I disagree with it, is that McCain is the one that ruined his chances of winning... and it was within the last month, when he voted yes on the bailout bill. Republicans were extremely turned off by that.
A lot may disagree, but I've always viewed Obama as a centrist in many ways. I have always tended toward Democrats, but the reason that I became excited about Obama was because I perceived him to be a very rational and thoughtful man. I believe, and now it is up to him to prove to me one way or another, that he will use his wisdom and reason to make the best decisions for America, and not for some abstract concept of liberalism.
Come up with a way to measure it and we'll wager, lol.Worst result of the night: Islanders 2 Rangers 0
At least we stopped the gay marriage. It's a small win but it's still a win. My advice to the gays? Get married anyway. You don't need state recognition to validate yourself. No one can take away who you are and the life you live, not here anyway. Unless Muslims take over, then you die. No worries, though, Obama is here to make it all better.
This is why I hate current self-named conservatives (because most have no idea what it truly means to be a conservative). The economy sucks, we are mired in an unpopular war due to poor execution, and your concerned about homosexuals getting married. If you had a brain, you'd be dangerous.Thank god you don't.
Ignorant describes the vast majority of people who vote no matter who they vote for. Actually it describes the vast majority of people period. The average person just doesn't know a lot.PS, yes I'm an elitist.
THIS.One of the reasons I get discouraged every election is because it shows the utter ignorance of the majority of the people in this country. I have basically stopped having political conversations with my friends (who are mostly in their mid-20s) because most of their arguments this year for why they were voting for someone was as simple as 'I don't like the other guy' or they spew off something that the media started discussing that day.If you disagree with my positions and beliefs, fine. Just please be able to articulate to me why.
Come up with a way to measure it and we'll wager, lol.
I'm not interested in a wager, but certainly the prospect of a general trend of several points away from Obama, as many initially feared/hoped for never materialized. Race did play a role in how many voted and the overall dynamic of the electorate, but it was not a one-sided shift away from Obama.
Worst result of the night: Islanders 2 Rangers 0
Why would you go ahead and ruin my one day to celebrate. I puked during that game twice.
This is why I hate current self-named conservatives (because most have no idea what it truly means to be a conservative). The economy sucks, we are mired in an unpopular war due to poor execution, and your concerned about homosexuals getting married. If you had a brain, you'd be dangerous.Thank god you don't.
You can't think about two problems at the same time? Maybe Lois is just a better multi-tasker.
LOL this is hilarious to me. Media isn't biased at all thought amirite? :)Mark
It's so sick... it's almost easy to see which words would have been changed... especially in the opening paragraph.
Whats hilarious or biased about it?
nothing. It's what it WOULD have said if McCain had won. I quoted another article from Yahoo about the economy and the headline was something about how Bush and McCain were destroying the economy and then the rest of the article basically had no proof or backup of that claim at all. This article just goes out of their way to say that "Stocks tumble as investors shift focus to economy" instead of "Market reacts badly to Obama win" or whatever. It's just sad to me that people are so easily tricked.
No. No I don't.Really? You think I am the extreme one? Out of all the conservatives here, I am the extreme one?The Clinton thing was just to get people riled up, go back, I didn't even defend it.
You're not. But it does seem odd you are fearful of what Obama might do to the Constitution and yet you love Dick Cheney who used it for toilet paper. but, yeah, you are not the extreme one. not by a long shot.
What, you think that because he won the presidency somehow you're less retarded for supporting him along the way? He didn't win on his own merits,he won simply because the world wanted "change", and the Republican party has lost it's way.Already the MSM is taking steps to distance themselves from the guy this is by no means a win as much as it is a wake up call for the Republican party. He won because of peoples ignorance on the issues, and the idea that it didn't matter who the Republican put up there it was going to be hard to pull this off this time around. If anyone should be pissed it should be Hillary, this was her time, and Barack stole that shit right out from underneath her. Admittedly I don't like the outcome, of course I don't, he is the most leftist president elect ever, but I am not bitter, I look at it as an opportunity to regroup and rebuild conservatism that way it should be, not this weak bullshit we keep running up there. It's time to reclaim the party.
it is amazing that anyone could sound so stupid for most of a long post and then pull it out in the end. intriguing.the GOP will have to decide what they want to be. and the fight to see who "reclaims" the GOP (the Rockefeller Republicans or the Religious right) will be fascinating. The winner of that internal struggle will change the political landscape for decades.
You're not. But it does seem odd you are fearful of what Obama might do to the Constitution and yet you love Dick Cheney who used it for toilet paper. but, yeah, you are not the extreme one. not by a long shot.
I am fearful in that in recent weeks, since he had taken a significant lead in the polls, the rhetoric that came out of his mouth was increasingly fascist in nature.I am dumbfounded how people are laughing off this civilian military as "oh that is nothing"...
"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."
So we need another Trillion dollars + for these people?Yes that is frightening. It's more frightening that people cheered this when he said it.
I am fearful in that in recent weeks, since he had taken a significant lead in the polls, the rhetoric that came out of his mouth was increasingly fascist in nature.I am dumbfounded how people are laughing off this civilian military as "oh that is nothing"...So we need another Trillion dollars + for these people?Yes that is frightening. It's more frightening that people cheered this when he said it.
well if it is like the NCCC thing AmScray was talking about then it is not scary at all. I still dont know how you and other conservatives laughed off the wiretapping and other things. I guess in the end we believe "our guy" wont go too far with his power. I dont see this becoming a civilian military. If Obama really does create a Ravenwood type organization (Jericho is a great show), then I will be out with you against it I promise. But I dont see that happening.Clearly, you conservatives are regretting rubber-stamping/excusing/overlooking the ways Bush vastly increased executive power now that a Democrat will be running the show. You reap what you sow.
I am dumbfounded how people are laughing off this civilian military as "oh that is nothing"...Yes that is frightening. It's more frightening that people cheered this when he said it.
If it was 2003 and Bush brought about this group calling them the terror watchers would you have viewed it differently? I think you are reading to much into this.
If it was 2003 and Bush brought about this group calling them the terror watchers would you have viewed it differently? I think you are reading to much into this.
That is not what he is saying, at all.
If Obama really does create a Ravenwood type organization (Jericho is a great show), then I will be out with you against it I promise.
But like the wiretapping, which was sold as only spying on terrorists, a civilian army or whatever the hell he wants would not be sold as "a gestapo to keep people in line". It'll be a "public service organization", or a "civic order" organization, or some other noble, innocent sounding goal. Then, once it's in place, another kook like GW is elected and we can't get rid of it.No, creating massive new federal civilian agencies is not a good idea.
Agree Henry. And if I hear anyone ever again race bait and say that we are a racist nation I'm gonna kick them in the teeth.
You really think that just because 51% per cent of americans vote for a black president this means there's no more racism anymore????
You really think that just because 51% per cent of americans who voted for a black president this means there's no more racism anymore????
FYP. Though election turn outs where higher than normal, Still, only a fraction of eligible voters voted. While the election of a black president is certainly progress, I'm sure it also will be more fuel to the angry white male's claim that racism is a non issue in america anymore.
You really think that just because 51% per cent of americans vote for a black president this means there's no more racism anymore????
Please read the post and try to understand rather than just reacting blindly.