Sports Betting Challenge Thread

I guess I'll post about who still owes.gocubsgo said he was going to find a transfer because he only has UB $ and he owes me 100 from 9 days ago. I've tried contacting him so if anyone talks to him or knows him can you let me know.rcooj: owes from Jan 27th and obviously knows about it but said he basically bet w/ $ that he didn't have. Said he'll pay "eventually" but it's pretty hard to trust that.Not totally sure why I'm posting this but if you know either please let me know and I'm posting so you know for future reference.
You are not wrong for posting this. I think there should be some kind of rules in here with betting. Maybe bets should be sent to a third party before a game. Especially if you don't know the person you are betting.I like to think I'm comfortable transferring money with people on here, but stuff like in the post above makes me think twice about making betting arangements online.
  • Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wsox8

• psufans2

• kobe2odom8

• serge

You are not wrong for posting this. I think there should be some kind of rules in here with betting. Maybe bets should be sent to a third party before a game. Especially if you don't know the person you are betting.I like to think I'm comfortable transferring money with people on here, but stuff like in the post above makes me think twice about making betting arangements online.
I kind of like it this way...it's like you're gambling twice.Seriously, I think it's tough to do the 3rd party escrow thing if you're betting games at the last minute. Maybe we could get tucker to edit the original post in this thread and post a list of known "payers" who have a good history. Then you could insist on escrow if someone is NOT on that list.

Any action junkies want to take my hockey action on 1 game tonight? I'm a big Devils fan living in Raleigh and have 2nd row center ice seats tonight vs the Canes. Would like some accccction! It's -130 +110 so I am assuming we don't need any odds here.I want up to $50 on Devils (will ship on Tilt if I lose but can accept stars also if I win).For the next 1.5 hours I will be checking this thread - so for now consider it booked ONLY if I respond booked, would prefer to book with a regular :club:

I guess I'll post about who still owes.gocubsgo said he was going to find a transfer because he only has UB $ and he owes me 100 from 9 days ago. I've tried contacting him so if anyone talks to him or knows him can you let me know.rcooj: owes from Jan 27th and obviously knows about it but said he basically bet w/ $ that he didn't have. Said he'll pay "eventually" but it's pretty hard to trust that.Not totally sure why I'm posting this but if you know either please let me know and I'm posting so you know for future reference.
hit me up on aim, i will give you gocubs go info

Maybe not the thread, but this guy's sports betting run today is incredible. I've been following since the first post today. He's 17-4 today, up $10k, mostly on half lines. Have no idea who he is/am 100% not connect to him in any way, etc., but it's a CRAZY run. He's still posting/playing the late NCAAB games. http://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/...7058&page=1

Well, thanks for none of the degens taking my action :club: that would've been wasted money!
sorry, was really close to taking it but couldn't. I can't get in the mood to bet

Just wanted to let everyone know of my situation as I don't want to be known as a shady person around FCP. A day or so after my bet with Wsox, while I was still looking for someone to do a swap, I got a call from my mom saying that my dad was being rushed to the hospital due to chest pains/difficulty breathing. I live about 2 1/2 hours from where he was being taken and immediately got in my car and drove to the hospital. The next few days we spent by his side as the risk for a repeat heart attack increases significantly immediately after the first. After awhile, we were able to bring him home where he was under strict orders to do nothing but rest and recover. I spent this time helping out with things around the house (snowblowing the driveway, helping my mom). I was absent from the forums since my parents only computer was recently hijacked by my younger sister who is in her first semester of college, so I was stuck with only my blackberry. I was finally able to get back into contact with Wsox and let him know of my situation. He was very understanding and a great guy about the whole situation. With the help of kobe2odom8 (thanks buddy), I was able to square up my bet with Wsox. Basically that is short version of what happened. Hopefully this doesn't affect anybodys willingness to take bets with me, but if it does I completely understand. I will most likely be largely absent from the forums over the next week as I will be making several trips back to visit my dad, but after that, I should be around again on a full time basis.Josh-

I hope your dad makes a full recovery. I wouldn't have a problem booking with you based on K2O giving you the nod and your explanation. Just be sure to remind people you only have UB$. BTW, fook UB. Stars and FTP is the common currency in this thread.

I hope your dad makes a full recovery. I wouldn't have a problem booking with you based on K2O giving you the nod and your explanation. Just be sure to remind people you only have UB$. BTW, fook UB. Stars and FTP is the common currency in this thread.
Agreed. You gotta get on FT or PS.
Just wanted to let everyone know of my situation as I don't want to be known as a shady person around FCP. A day or so after my bet with Wsox, while I was still looking for someone to do a swap, I got a call from my mom saying that my dad was being rushed to the hospital due to chest pains/difficulty breathing. I live about 2 1/2 hours from where he was being taken and immediately got in my car and drove to the hospital. The next few days we spent by his side as the risk for a repeat heart attack increases significantly immediately after the first. After awhile, we were able to bring him home where he was under strict orders to do nothing but rest and recover. I spent this time helping out with things around the house (snowblowing the driveway, helping my mom). I was absent from the forums since my parents only computer was recently hijacked by my younger sister who is in her first semester of college, so I was stuck with only my blackberry. I was finally able to get back into contact with Wsox and let him know of my situation. He was very understanding and a great guy about the whole situation. With the help of kobe2odom8 (thanks buddy), I was able to square up my bet with Wsox. Basically that is short version of what happened. Hopefully this doesn't affect anybodys willingness to take bets with me, but if it does I completely understand. I will most likely be largely absent from the forums over the next week as I will be making several trips back to visit my dad, but after that, I should be around again on a full time basis.Josh-
All the best for a speedy recovery.
Siena +8 @ ButlerLA Tech +8.5 @ NortheasternKentucky +1.5 @ Vandyup to $25 per gameIllinois +12.5 @ Purdueup to $50
Bolded are booked for 25 each. GL I have Butler -8 and Vandy -1.5
Bolded are booked for 25 each. GL I have Butler -8 and Vandy -1.5
GLLA Tech +8.5 @ Northeasternup to $25Illinois +12.5 @ PurdueWake -1.5 @ NC StateXavier -4 @ Charlotteup to $50 per game
GLLA Tech +8.5 @ Northeasternup to $25Illinois +12.5 @ PurdueWake -1.5 @ NC StateXavier -4 @ Charlotteup to $50 per game
What the hell, I will take Purdue -12.5 for 10 dollars. GL