Ok so I datamine, use PTO and AceHud. These together generally give me a wealth of knowledge about my opponents when i'm sitting at the tables, but I really feel like i'm lacking in my note taking. Genereally I'll open the notes I have on players ands its something like..."weak aggressive in O8 5/10" or something along those lines...I feel like I should be doing a little better than that.What kind of notes do you guys generally use?

I do notes a bit more specific after I tag them "L" or "A"... like I might add a note that says "Rode weak 10 5 Off all the way to river with 3 overs on the board"It helps me remember more detailes than just saying "This guy is a donk"

On FT I use the red tag for anyone I consider a fish, then I make notes on basically every hand I see them play that reaches showdown as well as if they do something retarded like min-bet fold etc. Sometimes against regs I'll note what they're seen me do, IE if I 4-bet them I'll make a note that they've seen me do it.

Sometimes against regs I'll note what they're seen me do, IE if I 4-bet them I'll make a note that they've seen me do it.
this is a great thing to do, as you know they are probably noting you as well. I have several notes on regs that say "saw me 4betbluff" and the likealso i take really detailed notes of every street when I see someone do something or showdown a hand i never than they would.
I try to make detailed notes about opening ranges with odd size raises, and things that are a bit abnormal. In reality though, it seems when I see that I've made a note on somebody, most just says "fkn awful".
haha. I tend to do the same thing

I mark everyone I play in both FullTiltPoker as a green automatic or PokerStars with a period so the "N" shows up. That tells me they have played with me. A guy shows up more than once gets a note and I make him Blue in FullTiltPoker. Tough players that have caused me difficulties I mark as Red in FullTiltPoker with a note on his play and "Avoid this Player". Same idea in PokerStars. High variance guys, even if they play well, are death to a bankroll, so I avoid them, but that is just me.Notes:Flush drawers get a note."UTG raise w T5s" gets a note obv :closedeyes:Players that make value bets that are always the nuts or near-nuts get my attention & a note.Players that represent a strong hand too often get a "Represents" note ... needs to be called once in a while.Devious players absolutely need a note "devious" so you can check after them and avoid getting check raised when you are drawing.If I have been caught bluffing, I note "Saw me bluff like a lying weasel" :ts Hope this helps :club:

Then i guess i shouldn't be multi-tabling because i find that i can't concentrate sufficiently for me to take notes.
how many tables do you play?to me its fairly easy to take notes when playing 4 or less tables but when I am playing 8 it becomes a little more difficult and frustrating

When I used to play cash games on UB, I liked their little note system. They had little colored dots that would appear above the screenname with red, yellow, green, white and black dots I believe. I had a pretty easy system using the different colors. Green meant go, I would apply this to tight-passive or overall weak players giving me the green light to bluff against that person. Yellow would usually be on aggressive or crazy players telling me to use caution with my betting sizes. Red, I would put on calling stations telling me not to bluff these players only value bet made hands. Black would be placed on people I have played often and seem to be good players warning me not to mix it up with them too often. That was my little system I had back then, now I just add the N on people on Pokerstars when I sit down and add notes accordingly.

Do you still take notes while multi-tabling ?
I do and I 5-table
I try to make detailed notes about opening ranges with odd size raises, and things that are a bit abnormal. In reality though, it seems when I see that I've made a note on somebody, most just says "fkn awful".
This and 'Runs really good' are invaluable :club:
I'm big on note taking, but has anybody else had the problem on full tilt when they do an update all of your notes get erased.
I take notes via HoldEmManager so this isn't a problem for me.
But how you do note taking when you are multi tabling.
When you have a track it allows you to see the instant HH in readable format after every hand on every table. When I'm playing 5 I always keep tabs on the pot size and any interesting holdings that appear on the showdown replayer then I look at the HH and quickly jot down a note if someone's done something unorthodox. I type quickly as well.It's really good practice I find to play 4-tables and try to keep track of what's going on at every table. Some people disagree with me here I think, but I use the auto check/fold buttons quite a bit PF because it saves time in which you can observe the hands at other tables. I also look as soon as I get my hand and decide what i'm going to do with it. Say i'm in the hi-jack with ATs, i'll look and think 'if UTG raises I fold, if he limps or fold I raise' then look at another table and wait till UTG acts.

Firstly i do not have any tracking programs such as Ace Headsup Display or even the one from Poker Tracker.Therefore i only can rely on what i see and what i record. But when play 4 tables at a go and apparentlygetting hands playable at all tables can be quite a problem when it comes to note taking.

My notes are super basic,Game, stakes, General comment, These are things like nit, bluffer, fish, MTer (ie: search and see if he plays +10 tables), tilts in the chat box, FCPer,,,, month/year