Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So would admitting Americans are blinded by propaganda and duped once again by a Republican administration that has gone so far from the basis of their 80's ideology that they should be named two different parties.
So its more important that Americans not be duped by the GOP than it is that they not be duped by propoganda, which Obama has taken to new heights?
You're saying that even if we invade Canada, outlaw hockey and back bacon, and sell Quebec to Norway, you wouldn't be prouder than you would be if we allow the presidency to become an entry level positon?
loooooooooooooooolanything but outlawing hockey lol

From my personal experience, there has been a HUGE swing in the politics of young military people in the last few years. When I first came in, any mention of Gore/McCain was roundly mocked; now, I'd say easily more than 50% of my squadron are voting Obama. Obama won't win the military vote, sure, but it's much closer than it's ever been.

So, how are people getting their live information? It's all about to happen, we'll have numbers rolling in when 7 starts. I think 538 is a good website, they have a decent format that's easy to follow. I'll also start watching all the 24 hour news networks when I get home. This is all very exciting. Numbers are starting to come in from Kentucky and Indiana.Weeeeee

So, how are people getting their live information? It's all about to happen, we'll have numbers rolling in when 7 starts. I think 538 is a good website, they have a decent format that's easy to follow. I'll also start watching all the 24 hour news networks when I get home. This is all very exciting. Numbers are starting to come in from Kentucky and Indiana.Weeeeee
Politico has a nice map also - I'll have to compare with 538's site.

I have serious deadlines at 9 am tomorrow but I'm waiting up till 6 am to watch see the results (I'm in uk) and I cant wait!!!! lets keep proper updates on this forum cause im convinced the leader will keep changing till close to the end.

looks like McCain to take an early lead
If McCain did win I think we can finally stop listening to polls for the rest of our lives.Which would be a good thing.And tomorrow I can expect not to get 4 phone calls a night from caller Id NRC. Never give money to political parties I tell you, they never leave you alone.

The Secret Service has an epic task on their hands, with him giving a victory speech in Grant Park....Does anyone know if he's going to be behind bulletproof glass? I'd imagine so... Glad I'm not in Chicago right now...

The Secret Service has an epic task on their hands, with him giving a victory speech in Grant Park....Does anyone know if he's going to be behind bulletproof glass? I'd imagine so...
Yes I hear that this morning. Every cop in Chicago is on duty tonight.