Party Poker $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterCO: $50.30BTN: $15.00SB: $56.45BB: $19.70Hero (UTG): $78.45Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with Kh KdHero raises to $1.75, 1 fold, BTN calls $1.75, SB calls $1.50, 1 foldFlop: ($5.75) Jc 7d Tc (3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $3.50, BTN calls $3.50, SB raises to $14.50,Hero???Villain is a 43/20 with a aggression percentage of 35, I have onlyplayed like 45 hands with him and haven't seen him check raise yet, Ikinda assumed it was strong because of the bet and then the call, thebutton btw is a typical short stack moron. His call doesn't mean alot.

i think i would bet 5 or 6 on the flop because it is a very drawy board and if at all possible you want to take this one down right now. i am not sure how to play this one. it seems to me this is one of those way ahead or way behind scenarios. i don't really like shoving over his raise because a number of hands he could have limped here have us in bad shape. i kind of like the call here to see a turn. it is a pretty passive play but if it comes another straight card or a flush card it could save us a ton of money or scare him into checking it down. do you think he can make this raise w/ AJ? it is an oversized raise like he is protecting his hand. can we give more credit here, lets say 89, j10, or maybe a big combo draw?

Flop: ($5.75) Jc 7d Tc (3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $3.50, BTN calls $3.50, SB raises to $14.50,Hero???Villain is a 43/20 with a aggression percentage of 35, I have onlyplayed like 45 hands with him and haven't seen him check raise yet, Ikinda assumed it was strong because of the bet and then the call, thebutton btw is a typical short stack moron. His call doesn't mean alot.
This is a real problem spot because the villain may be (intelligently) isolating the SSM (short stack moron) as light as AJ or a simple draw. The reality is that we only have one pair and the board is a really a mess for the way this hand played out so far. Our only real move is to shove, and I don't like shoving into two people who have decided to get involved when I'm sitting holding just one pair. The other thing about the villain is that this is his first check raise -- he may hold a huge hand and is setting up the SSM and we're getting in the way. So ... it's an OBV. WA WB situation. To me, it boils down to this: usually, when an aggro check raises a lead AND a call, he's for real. I might find a fold here.

He's playing a lot of hands, I've got a big overpair, and he could have a lot of holdings we beat. Out of position I'm 3-betting all-in. Button only has $15 so I consider him irrelevant. Even if he has us beat we lose little to him.

He's playing a lot of hands, I've got a big overpair, and he could have a lot of holdings we beat. Out of position I'm 3-betting all-in. Button only has $15 so I consider him irrelevant. Even if he has us beat we lose little to him.
one of the things we count on is you being unable to fold your big overpair

There are times to fold kings - tons of postflop action, big raises from nits, super-dry boards, a combo of these factors - and this isn't one of them. If he rolls over 98 or 77 then I reload (or backdor teh winnar). More often I expect to see top pair or combo draws (e.g. J9o/AcQc).

I'd have bet the flop heavier. Now my instinct is to shove. Let's see what poker stove says:

855,377  games	 3.000 secs   285,125  games/secBoard: Jc Tc 7dDead:  	equity 	win 	tie 		  pots won 	pots tied	Hand 0: 	48.394%	  58.87% 	00.75% 			503518 		 6430.50   { KdKh }Hand 1: 	51.606%	  62.82% 	00.75% 			537369 		 6430.50   { QQ, JdJh, JdJs, JhJs, TdTh, TdTs, ThTs, 7c7h, 7c7s, 7h7s, AcKc, AcQc, Ac9c, Ac8c, Ac7c, Ac6c, A5s, KcQc, JcTc, J9s, T9s, 98s, 87s, KQo, JTo, T8o+, 98o, 87o }

Not exactly a narrow range for the villian - but he plays 43% of hands so if someone wants to narrow that range down then go for it. I make you 48% to win the pot. There is $27.25 in the pot. If you shove it is for $40.20 more(the amount the SB has left):For the sake of argument lets say the button folds. If villian calls there is 107.65 in the pot. Your odds are justified. Add in the times he folds his single club and you avoid seeing the 2c on the river and I think it is worth shoving. Also if the button calls and they are both on the same draw all the better for you.My logic may be flawed (hopefully someone will point it out so I can learn too), but my instinct says to shove.editted: cause I missed the fact that the 7 was a diamond. It's way clear that it is time to shove.

i can easily fold this. i mean is everybody serious that they never ever fold this.zomg we have an overpair arrrrrr in. i mean we are not in great shape here a ton.this flop is totally in villians smackage range plus he hasn't check raised yet. AJ, 2 pair, straight, set are his range imo. but i lean toward putting AJ down at the bottom of that range.

i can easily fold this. i mean is everybody serious that they never ever fold this.zomg we have an overpair arrrrrr in. i mean we are not in great shape here a ton.this flop is totally in villians smackage range plus he hasn't check raised yet. AJ, 2 pair, straight, set are his range imo. but i lean toward putting AJ down at the bottom of that range.
I grew up playing limit so don't blame me!
Thank God. I thought I was losing my mind.