Who Are You Rooting For In The Main Event?

Who are you rooting for?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. November 9:

• Dennis Phillips
    • Ivan Demidov
    • Scott Montgomery
    • Peter Eastgate
    • Ylon Schwartz
    • Darus Suharto
    • David Rheem
    • Craig Marquis
    • Kelly Kim

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dennis Phillips because he didn't act like an ass on TV. Also he just seems like a genuinely good dude, and like everyone has said he would be a good ambassador or whatever.
Agreed, and the fact that he is a Cards fan scores points with me too.I would like Chino if he hadn't luckboxed his way to where he is now.
I would like Chino if he hadn't luckboxed his way to where he is now.
Chino is a douche. That one guy read his soul and then Chino sucked out to win the hand, and then he insulted the guy and celebrated like he just did something worth being proud of. I hope he's the first out.
Chino is a douche. That one guy read his soul and then Chino sucked out to win the hand, and then he insulted the guy and celebrated like he just did something worth being proud of. I hope he's the first out.
then chino said he made a great call afterwards, and when he hot sucked out on with the 1010-99 hand he just shook it off, and said he had given his share the tourney. so i think that you should be fair bothways. just like the media
How is there no love for Ylon Schwartz? He looks like he slept on a parkbench, and he was a chess hustler. How is that not badass?
that is true, but the thing he has against him is that is name ia ylon
If this exists, I want to see it, too. I don't think anyone who knows me has to guess how much I hate that whore.
You take your unresolved issues with women out on marginal poker celebrities? that doesn't seem very likely.
link to craig marquis' ripping of michelle on 2p2 plz and thank you?
If this exists, I want to see it, too. I don't think anyone who knows me has to guess how much I hate that whore.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-...houghts-332348/
I'd like to say THANK YOU to everyone who has taken the time to write me. I'm absolutely flattered by the love, attention, kind words and support that I've been showed. Of course there will always be haters and I have been appalled at some of the nasty messages I've received from complete strangers who I've never had a conversation with a day in my life. They somehow feel it is their place to judge me based on four episodes of POKER television. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I truly am sorry if watching me on TV rubbed anyone the wrong way. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to weed through the editing and TV screen and see the real time and real scenarios in which my words and actions occurred. Furthermore, if you don't personally know me and you may not understand my joking and sarcastic personality at the tables where I'm just having some fun and harmless banter with the boys. Before you judge remember that you saw 7 EDITED TV hours of a tournament that I played for an entire week and close to 100 hours of time. I don't think there is a single person who I played with live who would walk away and say anything negative about how I personally treated them at the tables or that I didn't show respect to my fellow table mates. It's obvious that by being a woman in a male dominated field/sport I will come under ten times more scrutiny than the man sitting next to me. There were so many comments and behaviors by other players that I observed in watching the WSOP coverage that make some of my comments which have received harsh criticism... laughable. It's unfair that I am being held to a different standard than my fellow male players but HEY, life isn't fair, poker sure as hell is not and as the minority in this industry I just have to accept that as status quo. At the end of the day poker is a competition. Everyone is trying to win. There are bound to be squabbles in the midst of the game but that doesn't mean that off the felt that player isn't a kind and good person. Kobe Bryant is sure to foul someone while running the court trying to make and block a basket. Wayne Gretzky has his share of penalties and body checks. Every word and action is heightened in the midst of an intense competition where the goal is to BEAT the other player. Emotions run high and frustration can inevitably lead to arguments and moments of losing your 'cool' and sanity. Not to mention the huge psychological factor that is present specifically in the game of poker, which induces words and actions that someone would never implement in their daily life. No, I am not a dainty little girl who is prim and proper. I never have been. I was never the kid who wanted to go play with Barbies with the other girls, you'd more readily find me racing with and playing sports with the boys. I love competition! You won't find me at a poker table batting my lashes and blowing kisses to the other players. I am a young woman with a little spice and attitude who isn't afraid to jump into a male dominated game that involves aggression, psychology, and mathematics (These very charictaristics of the game aren't usually synonomous with being 'lady-like' or a woman) and battle it out with the boys.I had an amazing time in the WSOP Main Event. I hope that every poker player gets to experience a high in their career like THAT! I have nothing but respect and good will toward each player that I played with and got to know during that week. I feel a special bond with the players who also made it deep in the Main Event and am excited to see them around, give them a hug and hear how their game is going. I know I can't make everyone happy. Not everyone will understand my GAME and if you make a habit of judging people based on what you hear in the media and see on TV then I guess you'll spend most of your life making bad reads. I can assure you that if we ever meet in person I WILL give you the time of day, I WILL be more than happy to talk with you, I WILL bond with you over our love and frustration with the game of poker, I WILL treat you with kindness and respect... and yes, maybe even harass you a little for playing 6-7 to a raise... even if it was SUITED!!
You acted like a total bitch to Craig and everyone else and he called you out on it. What do you have to say about you bitching about the clock on crucial hands? It WAS rude.
First, the Craig things was terribly edited... I'm pretty sure he'll even tell you that we were having a fun banter back and forth where I was picking on him (in good nature) about how long he took to make decisions every hand. He was laughing about it!And I'm glad someone brought up the clock things. I'm shocked that none of you have EVER under ANY circumstance called the clock in the middle of a poker game...ever? Trust me, I don't make a habit of calling the clock on people. I think in four years of playing tournaments that was probably the second or third time I've ever done that. Obviously ESPN doesn't show or tell you how long Paul Snead was taking to make a decision (it was a looooooooooonge time) and if it appeared that he was anywhere close to making a decision I would have stayed silent.... but you weren't there, I was and he wasn't anywhere close to a decision. I had been at the table with him for awhile and this was his typical process to make a bit of a fuss over his hands and his calls. He'd get up, pace around, talk to the audience and his friends on the rail. People forget that we're all on camera, we're at a featured table, player's games change soooooooo much under those settings and it becomes more 'acting' and soaking up your five minutes of fame than actually playing a game of poker. I can guarantee you that if the TV cameras weren't rolling it wouldn't have taken him half as long to make a decision there. So yes, I chose to hold him accountable to the game of POKER even if it made me look less classy than humor another 'Hollywood-er'. Please don't forget that the two of us were playing the same game for the same stakes. He was taking his time to decide and I was practicing my right (within the rules people) to ask for the clock since I was getting short stacked and the blinds were increasing... MY tournament life was at stake just as much as his.
Yeah. This is all well and good after the fact, but you were extremely disrespectful and unbelievably rude while we were playing in just about every situation you could be. I feel like those 7 edited episodes accurately depicted your behavior during the tournament, and you can say it was "your table face" or whatever, but your calling the clock during the Paul Snead and Scott Montgomery hand in what is probably the most stressful situation the man has ever been just boggles my mind. Also this is coming from somebody who is judging you entirely on his personal experience with you, not from the any media-skewed perspective.

I only caught the very last episode of coverage up to now, but from what I saw I thought Chino Rheem presented himself very well. I know he has his problems off the table, but seems like a likable guy.

My choice is Dennis Phillips simply because of his demenor and professionalism at and away from the table. He wins a hand, gives it a quick clap and goes back to business...he doesn't jump or run around (or sing "Staying Alive" like that Sliwinski fool). I'm all for emotion during the game, but acting like you've been there before (even if you haven't) says alot about someone. If not him, I'd like to see Chino give it a good run...he can get alittle cocky, but also knows when to dial it down and get back to the game. Sentimental favorite is Kelly Kim...just cause you gotta root for the dog some days.Now as a side note...my first pick is even more influenced by the fact that I played with Dennis Phillips at Fallsview on Saturday night. :D He was in town for a meeting and decided to get his fix....sat at my table ($5/$5 $500NL) while he was waiting for them to start the $10/$20...played for about 1 1/2 hours and then got into the big game. He came in 2 seats to my right (woo hoo POSITION!!!!) and I just sort of looked at him for a sec and then asked him "You're not who I think YOU are...are you?". He just kind of smiled and said "Yeah". I congratulated him on his accomplishment and asked him if he wanted me to sign THE hat :club: ....that didn't happen :D . But we were able to continue speaking throughout the night and he is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.If he goes onto win I can say that I took 3 pots from the "World Champion" :ts

I'm def. going for Dennis Philips. The guy just seems the real cool nice guy and he does alot for some really good causes using his semi-celb. status.I wil also root for Kelly Kim to get second or third.Jan

I dont get the love for Kelly Kim. Hes a boring dude that is just looking to move up in money and he hasn't shown us anything to give the idea that he can play either.

Anyone know if any of these guys received some type of coaching in preparation for the final table? I think Kelly Kim and Montgomery definitely need it the most. Also don't know if anyone else noticed, but when Phillips had one of those marginal hands he would bet way more than 3xbb, but when he had a good hand he made it about 3xbb or just a little bit more.

Anyone know if any of these guys received some type of coaching in preparation for the final table? I think Kelly Kim and Montgomery definitely need it the most. Also don't know if anyone else noticed, but when Phillips had one of those marginal hands he would bet way more than 3xbb, but when he had a good hand he made it about 3xbb or just a little bit more.
Phillips got coaching from Roy Winston lol. I dont know why you would say Montogmery and Kim need coaching. They are both professionals albeit I dont have a ton of respect for either of their games. If I were Kim and getting a coach Id probably go with either an internet tourney player like Bonomo or a internet cash game shortstacker like IMSAKIDD or Kurosh just to get better at repush spots and other shortstack strat.