Who Are You Rooting For In The Main Event?

Who are you rooting for?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. November 9:

• Dennis Phillips
    • Ivan Demidov
    • Scott Montgomery
    • Peter Eastgate
    • Ylon Schwartz
    • Darus Suharto
    • David Rheem
    • Craig Marquis
    • Kelly Kim

Phillips got coaching from Roy Winston lol. I dont know why you would say Montogmery and Kim need coaching. They are both professionals albeit I dont have a ton of respect for either of their games. If I were Kim and getting a coach Id probably go with either an internet tourney player like Bonomo or a internet cash game shortstacker like IMSAKIDD or Kurosh just to get better at repush spots and other shortstack strat.
Isn't Kim the guy that was happy just to move up the ladder in the payouts? I mean I would probably have played the same, I guess. But he was excited more than anyone else to move up. I like him and hope he does do well as the underdog.As for Montgomery, he is the guy that made that move on Snead and Snead called with J7 and he sucked out with an Ace on the river. In the interview, he even stated that he was very reckless and doesn't think about pot odds or position.They don't seem like poker professionals to me.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

matusow said in the last episode of the mouthpiece that he has worked on some things with chino, and as neglected to accept an off to help any of the other november 9 who have asked im.

Darus Suharto since he is also a Canadian accountant. Chino Rheem for being the most established pro left.Dennis Phillips, because he seems like he would be a great ambassador for the game.
Why? I think a pro would be better.
How is there no love for Ylon Schwartz? He looks like he slept on a parkbench, and he was a chess hustler. How is that not badass?
Cause he's a jew.
I dont get the love for Kelly Kim. Hes a boring dude that is just looking to move up in money and he hasn't shown us anything to give the idea that he can play either.
Except getting through 6,835 other players.

I sort of missed the Matusow hand where he got knocked out. Anyone have a quick recap of it? I thought I heard him say that Snead had raised PF and Matusow r/r him and he was kinda pissed he called with A9.

I sort of missed the Matusow hand where he got knocked out. Anyone have a quick recap of it? I thought I heard him say that Snead had raised PF and Matusow r/r him and he was kinda pissed he called with A9.
snead raised from utg i believe with A9 and matasow has gone on the record to say he felt he was weak and just called with AJ instead of reraising. flop comes AAx and it goes check check. turn comes a 9 snead bets mike raises and the rest is history

Dennis Phillips Ivan Demidov Ylon Schwartz David Rheem I like those 4 guys. I think Demidov and Rheem are the best players of the 4 and easy to root for and Phillips would be best for the game and Schwartz is just a funny street to riches story. I like his kicked back stoned/chilled table manners. The rest are either boring or donkeys or asshats.And I don't see how Kim could possibly get heads up from that short-stack without having a coronary.

But if craigmarq wins he'll be the youngest ME player ever and Hellmuth will have a fit.Have to say that it's interesting that so many of the remaining players are "fan favorites". I'd have expected 2 or 3 to get all the votes.

But if craigmarq wins he'll be the youngest ME player ever and Hellmuth will have a fit.Have to say that it's interesting that so many of the remaining players are "fan favorites". I'd have expected 2 or 3 to get all the votes.
Yeah, except for Peter Eastgate, lol. I think it is interesting how he has gotten the least votes and also has probably had the least coverage of all the 9. Although there isn't anything particularity to dislike about him it seems no one really has been given a reason to root for him.
Yeah, except for Peter Eastgate, lol. I think it is interesting how he has gotten the least votes and also has probably had the least coverage of all the 9. Although there isn't anything particularity to dislike about him it seems no one really has been given a reason to root for him.
i didnt like his sunglasses or the way he wore his hat, but that is just me
I'll take the last 50 moneyball. It's last longer right?I'm rooting for chino. He's a friend and a legitametly nice kid.Demodiv coolered me late day2. He plays very well.
It was a must win bet, but Ill take a last longer instead if you would like it better.
Eastgate looks to have plenty of skills but is a boring Euro.
I don't think he is boring. He is quiet but he is capable of making good bluffs and isn't playing just ABC poker. Eg. the hand where he turned his hand into a bluff on the river vs. Demidov when Demidov had AQ. Even though it didn't work it was a strong play and if he does it on the FT he could be a force.

I'm going for Phillips. He's from St. Louis (that's not far from me) and he's a Cardinals fan. I listened to an interview with him on a local sports talk radio show a day or two after the FT was set and he seemed like a really nice guy who was just there having fun. I think he would be a great represenative of the game.

Dennis Phillips was intereviewed on ESPN News earlier today. He talked about doing charity work with the Albert Pujols Foundation which is a charity that helps children with disabilities. He talked about how Pujols' charity hosted a prom for children with Downs Syndrome that Phillps attended. Phillips talked about how he saw about 75 kids out there on the dance floor and Pujols was there in the middle of them dancing with a grin from ear to ear. It sounds like Phillips will be donating some of his winnings to The Albert Pujols Foundation.