Who Are You Rooting For In The Main Event?

Who are you rooting for?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. November 9:

• Dennis Phillips
    • Ivan Demidov
    • Scott Montgomery
    • Peter Eastgate
    • Ylon Schwartz
    • Darus Suharto
    • David Rheem
    • Craig Marquis
    • Kelly Kim

Who are you rooting for in the Main Event?For me it's Demidov. He seems cool, calm, collected and just awesome at this game. His third place at the WSOPE Main Event shows how skilled he is - albeit running good - and I love his demeanour at the table. TID.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm rooting for craigmarq. Just because I think it'd be cool to see a young guy who's active online win it.If he falls I'll be rooting for Chino. Just because he's about the most established pro left.If I were betting on who'd win though I'd pick Demidov. The guy is scary. I don't think he'd be "good for poker" though. Although if he could get a bunch of Russians to start playing ....

Who are you rooting for in the Main Event?For me it's Demidov. He seems cool, calm, collected an just awesome at this game. His third place at the WSOPE Main Event shows how skilled he is - albeit running good - and I love his demeanour at the table. TID.
FYP.

Craig Marquis. I like the idea of a young online prodigy taking it down.Demidov would be a great story, but the possible softplaying with Alekhin at the WSOPE final table holds me back from being enthusiastic.Dennis Phillips seems like he's been a solid representative for poker. At this point he'd be my second or third choice.

Darus Suharto since he is also a Canadian accountant. Chino Rheem for being the most established pro left.Dennis Phillips, because he seems like he would be a great ambassador for the game.

Any Chino fans want to have a friendly $100 Chino vs. Marquis must win bet? Basically even stacks with Chino having a few more.Also I think Phillips is the favourite to win. Demidov is the better player and might have the better tourney EV but Im not sure hell be playing to win where I definitely think Phillips, Montgomery, Chino and Marquis are all playing to win. I would make a Phillips vs Demidov must win bet too, but I like Ivan and dont really want to root against him.

Dennis Phillips because he didn't act like an ass on TV. Also he just seems like a genuinely good dude, and like everyone has said he would be a good ambassador or whatever.It would be cool to see Kelly Kim come back also.

Any Chino fans want to have a friendly $100 Chino vs. Marquis must win bet? Basically even stacks with Chino having a few more.Also I think Phillips is the favourite to win. Demidov is the better player and might have the better tourney EV but Im not sure hell be playing to win where I definitely think Phillips, Montgomery, Chino and Marquis are all playing to win. I would make a Phillips vs Demidov must win bet too, but I like Ivan and dont really want to root against him.
I'll take it for 50 not 100 if you are really interested... can't purely gamble 5 units cuz I'm too nitty
I'll take it for 50 not 100 if you are really interested... can't purely gamble 5 units cuz I'm too nitty
Booked. 50 for you if Chino wins, 50 for me if Marquis wins. Im still looking for $50 more.

Darus Suharto since my good pal reps him :)Serious answer, Dennis Phillips. Nicest guy on the planet hands down and would be a solid rep for the game. He understands the responsibility of a main event champ, and he's just a good dude.I would say Chino Rheem for the simple reason that all that money will trickle back into the poker economy, but there's no way he'd be a good rep for poker at all. We need a responsible, nice, smart, hard working person to win again like Moneymaker, Raymer, or dare I say Robert Varkonyi :club: while we're pushing for poker's regulation in the US.

Scott Montgomery if not Demidov , then Chino