The Sound Of One Hand Clapping.

Late night prayer Out of the night that covers me Black as the feathers of a crow I thank whatever Gods may be For televisions late night show. For even if the movies bad I never yell or cry in pain I even watch each sickening ad Since I cant sleep I cant complain It matters not how bad the plot or if the leading stars a creep In fact the better chance Ive got To finally fall off to sleep.Good nite

God makes eyes!!! God makes all, comrade!!! IF NO GOD WHy SUNSHINE? Tell me that smarty liburals? HUH? Why is Clay Aiken gay, he choose that why!!! It's a chooce God does not make dirt gay, he make stright gay only dirt is from god, dirt is good. How wuld we live without God!?! We'd be feltching dogs and eating each other, comrade Romero showed this, Satan!

Im sure you all heard the question that goes, If a tree falls in forest and noone is there to hear it, does it make a sound?The whole concept of sound is obviously alien and unimaginable to someone born deaf. However a deaf person can live a very normal healthy life. Therefore hearing is really just a convienence, not a real necessity.Suppose for a second that humans did not have ears and were naturally deaf.So then captain obvious says then there would be no need to invent a piano, radio, horn or anything else that makes sound cause sound would be a totally unknown entity.Now, taking the position of the anti intell design crowd, way way long time ago when totally undirected, random forces formed the universe, these same random forces decided to make life.Now, just like the falling tree in the forest, any generated noise is unheard and unimagined.since there is no intelligent entity to imagine sound, then why the hell would random and undirected forces evolve an ear?Since these forces could have no independant concept of sound, why evolve an organ to hear something that noone knew existed?The same argument can be made for eyes. Without light, eyes are useless, these same forces couldnt understand the concept of light either, so why make eyes?
evolution is not a "random force". it is directed by natural selection. species evolve through natural processes to adapt to their environment, and sound and light waves are just another part of their environment.
evolution is not a "random force". it is directed by natural selection. species evolve through natural processes to adapt to their environment, and sound and light waves are just another part of their environment.
I dont think you understood what he was saying.

Because both light and sound are not things that can only be understood in the context of ears and eyes. Both are propagating waves of energy. Sound is the vibrations of air (or water), and light is a type of radiation carried by photons. I don't need eyes to experience light: simply go outside on a hot day and close your eyes. You don't see the light, yet you feel it on your skin. You feel the sun coming down on you. If you were to close your eyes and stand out in the sun, you would know that light was hitting you. If someone were to then place something over your head to block the sun, you would feel cooler for being in a shadow and would know that. You could experience all this independently of eyes.Single celled organisms, being more fragile, are even more sensitive to light. Photons can penetrate into the cells and effect their chemistry, and the cells notice this. It's not a far stretch to imagine that organisms that are naturally sensitive to photons would begin to use this sensitivity to their advantage. As creatures became multicellular, it would make sense that they develop certain cells that are more sensitive to incoming photons and start to recognize patterns in their sensitivity to light and start to equate those patterns to the world around them. Where they felt more light, they also had more warmth and most likely a greater abundance of food. As their photosensitive cells became more sophisticated, they could be used to extract more details from their outside environment, including the location of objects around them.So, I would argue that the development of eyes isn't all that far fetched. In fact, if you really think about it, the development of eyes is almost an inevitability. Creatures that have eyes have an incredible advantage over those that don't. The fitness level of a creature with eyes is exponentially greater than one that doesn't have eyes. I'm imagining not having eyes being the peak of some function in some sort of development vs fitness graph. Not having eyes is a very unstable equilibrium since the advantage of eyes is so severe. Any perturbation toward the development of eyes will cause the ball to roll off the peak of this graph and snowball toward having more and more sophisticated eyes. In a universe where the vast majority of information about the world around us propagates around with electromagnetic waves, it wouldn't make sense for creatures to live for billions of years without creating ways to understand that information.

I dont think you understood what he was saying.
Of course he understood. What OP was saying is that the public school system failed him and he doesn't even have a basic understanding of the process of evolution. If someone wants to say that they think god created everything, that's fine. But to say that evolution is an impossibility is just ignorance.
  • 1 month later...