Late Stages Decisions

Villian is TAG, just shoved all in on my blind previous hand, my image is definitely good. I lost a good portion of my chips a few hands earlier post-flop laydown of 10's on a small board to AA but that's a whole different story. So I figure my image is good or at least I would hope so.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, Tournament, 3000/6000 Blinds 600 Ante (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (SB) (t110516)BB (t93700)UTG (t267971)MP (t45333)CO (t134472)Button (t174952)Hero's M: 8.77Preflop: Hero is SB with Qdiamond.gif, Aspade.gif3 folds, Button calls t6000, Hero raises to t18000, 1 fold, Button calls t12000Flop: (t45600) Adiamond.gif, Jheart.gif, 10diamond.gif(2 players)Hero ??? Need some help with line here, how much are you betting here?

line I take is entirely villain dependentGenerally with a button limper he's probably betting if you check so I don't hate a check/shove and donk most turns if he checks behind. Dangerous board so bet/calling is v good too. I don't think I'm ever folding on this flop since he *should* never have us beat here. Have outs if he does.oh yea if you bet - w/stack sizes I think half pot is good - gives him FE on the shove which you kinda want. 25k or so.I also don't hate a shove preflop

^^^^^^ Though I may have shoved or at least committed with a big raise pre, as played I like a check/shove as well, given chances are unlikely he limped/called pre with a hand that crushes us here. He'll probably fire at this flop once we check, and we want villain to get his chips in given we're probably way ahead.

I agree w/ the half pot bet. i dont like a check/shove here because what if the villian does check (i know, slim chance). there are a ton of turn cards that can be real bad for our hand here.

I agree w/ the half pot bet. i dont like a check/shove here because what if the villian does check (i know, slim chance). there are a ton of turn cards that can be real bad for our hand here.
Shove pre and be happy to pick up the 20k pot imo. My reasoning is that you don't want to play a bloated pot OOP with AQo against the chipleader who can pressure you as one of the other top stacks.If you don't shove, I like your raise, and I'd lead at the pot for 25-30k + call a push.
Shove pre and be happy to pick up the 20k pot imo. My reasoning is that you don't want to play a bloated pot OOP with AQo against the chipleader who can pressure you as one of the other top stacks.If you don't shove, I like your raise, and I'd lead at the pot for 25-30k + call a push.
I agree with everything here.As for possibly a c/r, I don't like that line at all. As someone stated already there's a lot of cards that come on the turn that can kill us, just try to pickup whatever is in the pot already and just be ready to put your whole stack in the middle with this flop.

If it goes check/check which turn cards do you hate?I think if you check, he bets here a ton, and I think CRAI is the best way to get value in this hand.I guess turn cards I hate to see are 9, 8 , Q, not too worried about diamonds per say.I don't mind the bet/call line at all either.

If it goes check/check which turn cards do you hate?I think if you check, he bets here a ton, and I think CRAI is the best way to get value in this hand.I guess turn cards I hate to see are 9, 8 , Q, not too worried about diamonds per say.I don't mind the bet/call line at all either.
At this stage of the tournie I think it's more about protecting your stack and getting what chips you can. The only way I play this as a c/r is if I have a stronghold on the hand, not the nuts, just a very good one with a less drawy board.
If it goes check/check I hate all the straight filler cards as he likely has a big holding here as in big cards. I really was at a loss for what to do in this situation and knew I was along for the ride regardless of what happened. Basically, I told myself I want this pot now if I bet a normal continuation and he calls and the scare card pops off I can't fold can I. And if I did fold I wouldn't have much to play with after that. So I shoved it all-in to take it there as this was not my kind of board to see and villian snaps KQ(but it was suited) and I don't improve, GG me. Thanks for the responses guys, but I don't think I could have gotten away from that hand either way I played it. More or less wanted a feel of how much to bet in these situations. I am a donkey, that is all.

I like the preflop shove as well. As played, I don't think it was so bad to shove the flop--just bad luck that villain flopped the nuts.

From same tournament a few hands earlier.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, Tournament, 3000/6000 Blinds 600 Ante (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP1 (t67123)Hero (MP2) (t146916)CO (t82900)Button (t202048)SB (t56133)BB (t86072)UTG (t185752)Hero's M: 11.13Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 10spade.gif, 10diamond.gif1 fold, MP1 calls t6000, Hero raises to t16000, 1 fold, Button calls t16000, 2 folds, MP1 calls t10000Flop: (t61200) 3spade.gif, 2heart.gif, 6heart.gif(3 players)MP1 bets t50523 (All-In), Hero folds, time banked way down, was worried about an over pair on the button, since he had slow-played QQ like this in a hand earlier, Button calls t50523Turn: (t162246) 8diamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: (t162246) Qdiamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: t162246Results in white below: Button had Aclub.gif, Aheart.gif (one pair, Aces).MP1 had 5heart.gif, 5club.gif (one pair, fives).Outcome: Button won t162246