Massachusetts Ballot Initiative

CA ballot initiativet’s official. Tax Cannabis 2010, the most far-reaching state effort ever, which would legalize the consumption of cannabis for all adults over 21 — and would finally take the industry that serves those consumers out of a legal gray area — will qualify for the November mid-term ballot later today.-------------This will pass. The world will not end.
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CA ballot initiativet’s official. Tax Cannabis 2010, the most far-reaching state effort ever, which would legalize the consumption of cannabis for all adults over 21 — and would finally take the industry that serves those consumers out of a legal gray area — will qualify for the November mid-term ballot later today.-------------This will pass. The world will not end.
ONE TIME!!!!!!!!!!That would certainly be the beginning of the end of the madness.
My friend is going to move back down from Northern California if this happens. He says the economy up there will crumble.I find that very amusing.
My friend is going to move back down from Northern California if this happens. He says the economy up there will crumble.I find that very amusing.
I'm sure the economy will do just fine. They will just have to work and PAY TAXES like the rest of us. Too bad they were so used to the idea that they could get money tax free ... boo frickin hoo.All it will take is for some entrepenuer up there to start the new Weedweiser, Weed High Life, or whatever else and learn to be a proper business and then let themselves be bought out by Phillip Morris and BAM set for life!
I'm sure the economy will do just fine. They will just have to work and PAY TAXES like the rest of us. Too bad they were so used to the idea that they could get money tax free ... boo frickin hoo.All it will take is for some entrepenuer up there to start the new Weedweiser, Weed High Life, or whatever else and learn to be a proper business and then let themselves be bought out by Phillip Morris and BAM set for life!
It won't sell for as much.Shantys in the pacific northwest are still going for 300K when just 200 miles south of that I can buy a McMansion for that now near a semi-metropolitan area that actually has commerce. Then only reason they are worth that much is pot growers are buying them and turning them into grow shacks.
It won't sell for as much.Shantys in the pacific northwest are still going for 300K when just 200 miles south of that I can buy a McMansion for that now near a semi-metropolitan area that actually has commerce. Then only reason they are worth that much is pot growers are buying them and turning them into grow shacks.
Yes, just as beer doesn't sell for as much as moonshine did during prohibition. All i'm saying is that there is going to be a shift and I think the smart guys are going to find a way to still make money while the "stereotypical pothead" won't be able to figure it out. I think it is for the better and I think in time the economy will actually improve. As a grower I would fully welcome this as you are going to get more clientale. I for one am getting ready to have a nice long argument with my wife about smoking once again if this passes, not all the time but definitely once in a while. One of her main reasons of being against it is because of the legality issue, so this will be interesting if/when this passes.
Yes, just as beer doesn't sell for as much as moonshine did during prohibition. All i'm saying is that there is going to be a shift and I think the smart guys are going to find a way to still make money while the "stereotypical pothead" won't be able to figure it out. I think it is for the better and I think in time the economy will actually improve. As a grower I would fully welcome this as you are going to get more clientale. I for one am getting ready to have a nice long argument with my wife about smoking once again if this passes, not all the time but definitely once in a while. One of her main reasons of being against it is because of the legality issue, so this will be interesting if/when this passes.
Sorry but you are fooling yourself if you think that the government isn't going to have their hands all over this with licensing, taxes, tariffs, blood letting, etc.

There was a story somewhere online today saying how Suffolk (?) country was trying to figure out what to do about all the lost money. Their idea was to call themselves the Napa Valley of Pot, with Pot Samplings and discussions of quality and stuff.

Sorry but you are fooling yourself if you think that the government isn't going to have their hands all over this with licensing, taxes, tariffs, blood letting, etc.
I am very skeptical of the notion that legalization will somehow ruin the pot economy. Seems rather ridiculous to me. Growing for medical purposes is already licensed. Increased demand will surely make up for loss of revenue to taxes.
I am very skeptical of the notion that legalization will somehow ruin the pot economy. Seems rather ridiculous to me. Growing for medical purposes is already licensed. Increased demand will surely make up for loss of revenue to taxes.
I don't know if I believe that. Is there really a significant number of people who are just waiting to smoke pot but were waiting for it to be legal? I'm guessing usage rates will stay pretty similar, but the price will be much lower without the violence tax.
I don't know if I believe that. Is there really a significant number of people who are just waiting to smoke pot but were waiting for it to be legal? I'm guessing usage rates will stay pretty similar, but the price will be much lower without the violence tax.
I don't think it's the legal/illegal aspect of it that would make usage go up, it's the ease of obtaining it. I imagine if it were legal, it would be a lot easier or more convenient to get some, which would make it much more likely for someone to try it out.
I don't think it's the legal/illegal aspect of it that would make usage go up, it's the ease of obtaining it. I imagine if it were legal, it would be a lot easier or more convenient to get some, which would make it much more likely for someone to try it out.
Plus if you have always wanted to shoot heroin, you might be thinking:"Hey, maybe I should start lower and work my way up, like Daniel is doing in poker"
Plus if you have always wanted to shoot heroin, you might be thinking:"Hey, maybe I should start lower and work my way up, like Daniel is doing in poker"
"Maybe I'll have some milk. After all, 99.9% of heroin users once drank milk, so it must be the place to start."
"Maybe I'll have some milk. After all, 99.9% of heroin users once drank milk, so it must be the place to start."
That's just silly, everyone knows that pot heads become crack hoes after only a few short weeks of regular use.
I know a lot of people who are basically only stopped by the fact that it is illegal. There are a lot of people who wish to use it legally but don't want register themselves on a list in order to get the "prescription" card. Also, what Joey said. I haven't bought weed in years (sorry to ruin my image), but I might pick some up if it were available at CVS.Also don't forget all the new business that pot bars will generate. It's going to be a golden age of marijuana!

I'm probably going to enjoy it once in a great while once it's legal. Basically, about as frequently as I drink to get drunk. Add a tick to whatever statistic you deem necessary.Never, ever going to touch anything harder, even if it is legalized. Heard too many sad stories, enjoy the way my brain works, etc.I expect it will hurt booze sales, but will be a net-positive for tax revenue.

I'm not sure if you actually believe this, but I guess in every joke there is at least a little bit of truth.

I am a card carrying medical marijuana patient.I use it mostly for recreation, but I am a huge pothead so I say it's medicine to ease my 'chronic pain' and various other ailments (I am completely healthy). For instance, I wasn't hungry this morning, so I smoked, and then ate. Ailment fixed, thanks marijuana!I got my card for several reasons, some of which I'd be happy to get into here.It's absurdly easy to obtain a card, and it makes things much much easier. For instance, if stopped for speeding, I don't have to worry about getting in trouble if a cop smells weed. The Colorado department of health is receiving 1,000 applications per day for medical marijuana.FWIW, prices have gone up, not down, with this being legal in Colorado. But I don't have a problem with that, since I get higher quality, consistency, and accessibility. I would agree that there are people who are nervous about being in the system. For instance, people who are on probation or are in jobs that require drug testing. BG, your gateway theory is crap.

I am a card carrying medical marijuana patient.I use it mostly for recreation, but I am a huge pothead so I say it's medicine to ease my 'chronic pain' and various other ailments (I am completely healthy). For instance, I wasn't hungry this morning, so I smoked, and then ate. Ailment fixed, thanks marijuana!I got my card for several reasons, some of which I'd be happy to get into here.It's absurdly easy to obtain a card, and it makes things much much easier. For instance, if stopped for speeding, I don't have to worry about getting in trouble if a cop smells weed. The Colorado department of health is receiving 1,000 applications per day for medical marijuana.FWIW, prices have gone up, not down, with this being legal in Colorado. But I don't have a problem with that, since I get higher quality, consistency, and accessibility. I would agree that there are people who are nervous about being in the system. For instance, people who are on probation or are in jobs that require drug testing. BG, your gateway theory is crap.
That's exactly what a future crack hoe would say.
That's exactly what a future crack hoe would say.
You are also a future crack hoe, if you are calling me one. You are entertaining, but I can't take you seriously after reading the religion threads. You're like FCP's own version of Rush.