Once again atheist show that they will gladly waste money to explain why they are right, instead of helping people.We call that self centerdness with a touch of egomanical self image problems
I think it's funny and topical, that's all.
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to me like the message in the ad is designed to help people.
LOLyea, everyone runs to the atheist when times are tough because they'll help you.Natural disaster, flock to the athiest community centers and get in the soup lines where they tell you about Darwin in exchange for some food.Taking away whether the Christian message is right or wrong, what is the motivation of the two?One is to give people hopeThe other is to take it awayDid I mention the communist death statistics vs the crusades?
LOLyea, everyone runs to the atheist when times are tough because they'll help you.Natural disaster, flock to the athiest community centers and get in the soup lines where they tell you about Darwin in exchange for some food.Taking away whether the Christian message is right or wrong, what is the motivation of the two?One is to give people hopeThe other is to take it awayDid I mention the communist death statistics vs the crusades?
This is perhaps the biggest mistake that religion makes, the assumption that it is the only way one can achieve meaning and hope in one's life. Atheism does not have an inherent "motivation" because it is just the rejection of something other people believe. Hope, love, compassion, empathy, etc. do not come from religion, they spring from life itself; religion does not have a monopoly on these things. Many of us don't need to believe some dead guy came back to life in order to show compassion for those around us, to inspire hope in others, or to live positive lives.
This is perhaps the biggest mistake that religion makes, the assumption that it is the only way one can achieve meaning and hope in one's life. Atheism does not have an inherent "motivation" because it is just the rejection of something other people believe. Hope, love, compassion, empathy, etc. do not come from religion, they spring from life itself; religion does not have a monopoly on these things. Many of us don't need to believe some dead guy came back to life in order to show compassion for those around us, to inspire hope in others, or to live positive lives.
I disagree, positive human traits come from God. You guys were just lucky to be born in communities that hold them up and you've recieved the blessings of the food, without paying for the meal.But this is getting way off track from the OPSo let's just agree that I'm right about this and place a wager on how long before the people in Obama's infomertial are vetted by the media like they did to Joe the PlumberI'll place the over/under on never
I disagree, positive human traits come from God. You guys were just lucky to be born in communities that hold them up and you've recieved the blessings of the food, without paying for the meal.
So you would predict that people born on a desert island would not show any positive traits?
So you would predict that people born on a desert island would not show any positive traits?
n520.jpgand I thought we agreed that I was right and we were moving on?
i knew that degree in english lit would come in usefull one day
You have a college degree?Cool, I am hiringCan you tie 10 balloons a minute?btw ( England is an island )
and I thought we agreed that I was right and we were moving on?
Allright, as you wish. But one final comment: even if I stole being nice from the guy who you say invented it ( although I think if jesus applied for a patent on compassion we could find some prior art ) it seems to me it works just as well when I apply it as when you do.
Allright, as you wish. But one final comment: even if I stole being nice from the guy who you say invented it ( although I think if jesus applied for a patent on compassion we could find some prior art ) it seems to me it works just as well when I apply it as when you do.
That it does, and many people who apply it very well make no claim on the Author that many of His followers fail at on a daily basis
You'd think I would have caught that too since I just sailed around the whole thing 2 months ago
Haha yeah maybe, in answer to your earlier question though no im really bad at blowing up balloons :club: makes my ears go funny.
Like this?obama-ears.gif
A bit but they don't change colour to black, after all what with me being a human my chamelion abilities are limited to just a long flexible tongue, also not a great help when blowing up balloons but its a crowd pleaser with the fairer sex.
Yea, cut off half it's base.There's a democrat wet dream
I think in short time you would bring over a ton of moderate democrats and rockefeller republicans who are completely turned off by alignment of the GOP with the more radical elements of Christianity.
The borrower is the slave to the lender
Given our current state of indebtedness to China this seems like a VERY odd biblical saying to bring up. (fwiw, I agree with it....I hate debt and do everything I can to not be in debt. If only the Bush admin agreed with me and you)
I don't post in this forum too often, but I did watch this informercial and wanted to make the following comment.Whether or not you agree/disagree with Obama, are for/against him, believe in him/think he's a fraud, etc etc etc you have to admit the man is such an inspirational speaker.The last 3 minutes during the live portion was absolutely amazing. I think the call for people to come together will go down in history books as one of the premier speeches in history. I thought it was very Kennedy/MLK ish in it's inspiration and delivery.[/quote Shoulda heard the last three minutes of Hitlers speech at nuremburg. also quite inspirational.