I don't post in this forum too often, but I did watch this informercial and wanted to make the following comment.Whether or not you agree/disagree with Obama, are for/against him, believe in him/think he's a fraud, etc etc etc you have to admit the man is such an inspirational speaker.The last 3 minutes during the live portion was absolutely amazing. I think the call for people to come together will go down in history books as one of the premier speeches in history. I thought it was very Kennedy/MLK ish in it's inspiration and delivery.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't post in this forum too often, but I did watch this informercial and wanted to make the following comment.Whether or not you agree/disagree with Obama, are for/against him, believe in him/think he's a fraud, etc etc etc you have to admit the man is such an inspirational speaker.The last 3 minutes during the live portion was absolutely amazing. I think the call for people to come together will go down in history books as one of the premier speeches in history. I thought it was very Kennedy/MLK ish in it's inspiration and delivery.
"I will not be a perfect president," Obama said in the commercial. "But I can promise you this — I will always tell you what I think and where I stand."That'll be a first.

Never, ever believe anything a career politician says. Obamas greatest strength is knowing what to say that will most appeal to the widest segment of the population. I'm voting for him on one or two issues, but this Obama beatification and fanaticism that forgets he's a 'politician' first and foremost is dishonest.

Check and Mate.
It's been that way since 2005.Give Obama a little time in the office- when people start to realize that he isn't a god and that he can't turn water into wine. It should be fun to watch.
Never, ever believe anything a career politician says. Obamas greatest strength is knowing what to say that will most appeal to the widest segment of the population. I'm voting for him on one or two issues, but this Obama beatification and fanaticism that forgets he's a 'politician' first and foremost is dishonest.
Agree 100000000000000%I guess the proof will be in the pudding if he has the opportunity. Would be awesome if there was a way to fast forward history 4 - 10 years to see how many of these promises are kept.
Seriously? He is awful off teleprompter.. awful.... he stammers and says umm as much as GWB....
I'm still in shock. It's ridiculous that you're voting for him. You're a true conservative republican. (even though the majority of the current republicans aren't true republicans.)
I'm still in shock. It's ridiculous that you're voting for him. You're a true conservative republican. (even though the majority of the current republicans aren't true republicans.)
It's the worst vote I'll ever cast in my life. I entirely admit that I may look back on it and view it as the single greatest voting mistake I've ever made. I have my reasons... Iraq counts big- McCains position on this is flat out indefensible- but mainly (and speaking truthfully, without any sarcasm) I believe that the faster we can accelerate the inevitable pendulum swing to the left, the faster it will reach it's apogee and hopefully arc back downwards to a regrouped, coherent Republican party that is very, very different from the shameful abortion that they are today. In short, we need a big philosophical capitulation amongst the Republican party that will allow them to correct their outlook. At present, they are an aimless fucking disaster. Their inherent advantage is that Democrats are a schizophrenic mess by default- since the beginning of time, they've only existed as "the other ballot option" that promises free stuff for poor people. American political sentiment is pretty consistent in that the vote is either "Republican" or "Not Republican". Intellectually, Democrats are garbage, but here lately, practically speaking, they're less trashy than the Republicans. (is it true that you really own a DQ? I could live the rest of my days on this earth happy, owning and operating a DQ in a small town. The "ice cream stand" kind where everyone parks outside and sits on picnic tables)

Was going to say civil liberty and the war in Iraq Am. But if the Republicans were really honest with themselves they'd realize that Obama and McCain aren't that far apart on most issues. It's just a matter of who they'll give the money to after they've appropriated it from us. Other difference is just how intrusive they envision government to be and where. But any Republican that believes that McCain is conservative is believing a lie and lying to themselves. He's not and never been. But cheer up, looks like Palin's gearing up for 2012.

It's the worst vote I'll ever cast in my life. I entirely admit that I may look back on it and view it as the single greatest voting mistake I've ever made. I have my reasons... Iraq counts big- McCains position on this is flat out indefensible- but mainly (and speaking truthfully, without any sarcasm) I believe that the faster we can accelerate the inevitable pendulum swing to the left, the faster it will reach it's apogee and hopefully arc back downwards to a regrouped, coherent Republican party that is very, very different from the shameful abortion that they are today. In short, we need a big philosophical capitulation amongst the Republican party that will allow them to correct their outlook. At present, they are an aimless fucking disaster. Their inherent advantage is that Democrats are a schizophrenic mess by default- since the beginning of time, they've only existed as "the other ballot option" that promises free stuff for poor people. American political sentiment is pretty consistent in that the vote is either "Republican" or "Not Republican". Intellectually, Democrats are garbage, but here lately, practically speaking, they're less trashy than the Republicans. (is it true that you really own a DQ? I could live the rest of my days on this earth happy, owning and operating a DQ in a small town. The "ice cream stand" kind where everyone parks outside and sits on picnic tables)
sometimes dude....You are simply brilliant.
Think about the hundreds of federal judges that Barry and his liberal buddies in the senate can appoint without anyone to stop or even slow them down. Is teaching the republican party a lesson worth the decades of destruction that can cause?

I dont think too many undecided or Republicans will be influenced by the infomercial but I think what it does do is get the people who have said they would vote for him but deep down had there doubts to commit to making the vote. Money well spent imo.

Think about the hundreds of federal judges that Barry and his liberal buddies in the senate can appoint without anyone to stop or even slow them down. Is teaching the republican party a lesson worth the decades of destruction that can cause?
In a word - yes. Do you think that if the Republican party wins they won't take it as a mandate to continue to do what they've been doing? The only way to get reform is to deal them a hell of a blow. Personally I'd like to see the Republican Party go back to what they used to be. I used to be a Republican, but I didn't leave them, they left me.
I like to see liberal Federal district judges and conservative SCOTUS judges. This isn't a "split the powers" sort of thing, either. They each have distinct adjudicative roles. As long as there are 'sentencing guidelines' in place, I want judges who are considerate of the textures that give us judges in the first place. Booker/Fanfan is still ignored in a lot of places, usually by conservatives. Saddam will likely get to replace at least one SCOTUS judge (JPS can't possibly hold out much longer), possibly two. That awful sheeny Ruth Bader Ginsberg will probably retire when she knows there's a lefty in office to replace her (can't prove this, call it a 'read'), which doesn't shift the balance any. The conservative wing is safe, unless someone dies. Kennedy is the real wild card- if Osama gets a chance to replace him, that could be a real catastrophe but I guess it's a risk we're going to be taking. Besides. Kennedy is still pretty spry for a 72 year old and the main SCOTUS issue I give a flying fuck about (Heller) has already come down our way. .
It's the worst vote I'll ever cast in my life.
I agree here.
I entirely admit that I may look back on it and view it as the single greatest voting mistake I've ever made. I have my reasons... Iraq counts big- McCains position on this is flat out indefensible- but mainly (and speaking truthfully, without any sarcasm) I believe that the faster we can accelerate the inevitable pendulum swing to the left, the faster it will reach it's apogee and hopefully arc back downwards to a regrouped, coherent Republican party that is very, very different from the shameful abortion that they are today. In short, we need a big philosophical capitulation amongst the Republican party that will allow them to correct their outlook. At present, they are an aimless fucking disaster. Their inherent advantage is that Democrats are a schizophrenic mess by default- since the beginning of time, they've only existed as "the other ballot option" that promises free stuff for poor people. American political sentiment is pretty consistent in that the vote is either "Republican" or "Not Republican". Intellectually, Democrats are garbage, but here lately, practically speaking, they're less trashy than the Republicans.
I agree here too, but why teach them a lesson by destroying the country?
(is it true that you really own a DQ? I could live the rest of my days on this earth happy, owning and operating a DQ in a small town. The "ice cream stand" kind where everyone parks outside and sits on picnic tables)
Yes, in Ames, Iowa. But it's not an old stand type. It's a more modern one with a drive thru. Built in 2003.
This is much more important than you are giving credit Scram.
I dont think too many undecided or Republicans will be influenced by the infomercial but I think what it does do is get the people who have said they would vote for him but deep down had there doubts to commit to making the vote. Money well spent imo.
this, pretty much.
The four person block of conservative (and younger) judges on the Supreme Court is secure. Federal judges are not that big a deal. Getting the GOP to dump the wacky religious ankle-weight it carries is worth a higher price than this lame fear-filled what-if scenario. Any federal judges Obama adds will only offset the conservatives Bush put into place.The GOP needs to desperately re-invent itself and go back to being the party of true fiscal conservatism and staying out of people's private lives. The only way to do this is to tell the religious right to take a hike.

The speech at the end hit a nice tone, but the first 26 minutes of this thing really turned me off. The stupid stories about some random family and their troubles really need to be outlawed before the next election. Man, I hate that crap.

The speech at the end hit a nice tone, but the first 26 minutes of this thing really turned me off. The stupid stories about some random family and their troubles really need to be outlawed before the next election. Man, I hate that crap.
joe the plumber is so into that shit, though :club: