daniel's special one-time offer.........

And this is Mason's reply:"Daniel:Your challenge is silly. Heads-up poker is not something I do or have ever done. So I agree that you would probably have a small edge against me. Does that make you feel better?But I do stand on my previous statement that most of those who do take you up on your offer will be a favorite over you. So if you're so anxious to lay me 11-to-10, let me bet on some of those players with those odds.By the way, I'm literally crushed with publishing work, Harrington on Hold 'em, Volume II is top priority at the moment. It will be followed by other important books including Theory and Practice of No Limit Hold 'em by David Sklansky and Ed Miller. So I'll only be in Wynn occasionally the next couple of months.Mason "
Obviously mason views himself as an underdog, hence why he wants better odds (what basically everyone on the forum has been saying), but the reasons for dn's coming back the way he did at them I feel is totaly understandable. The simple fact of someone calling someone else an underdog when he himself isnt willing to put himself on the line i feel is silly. You just cant rag on someone if they are better then you bottom line. Thats like for me to say shaq stinks at basketball. Sure people say it, but its unjustifiable. Bottom line, dn answered back and was right too, and while mason was in defeat before even playing a game, he comes out with another snide remark to dn, when all he should've done was kept his mouth shut.
Not only do I not see anything wrong with what DN is doing, I love it. These guys want to make comments about the challenges and the when Daniel even gives the a discount they can't because of book commitments or the odds aren't right. Well Oppenhiem didn't ask for any odds, and I'm sure many other players will show up not asking for odds.DN is offering to play anyone at their game and their price. IMO he is already laying enough, and if these two won't accept his direct challenge they should just flat out say no.
Exactly what I was trying to say!!Either say no, and admit you can't hang. Or don't say a word at all. But don't go making up lame excuses like a scared little bitch! (And I don't care about Karma... Truth is the truth).

Guys, I jsut thought the post was funny. If you read the way it was written it was written in the tone of an infommercial. I know there is like zero chance one of those guys would play me. They enjoy yapping, but they simply don't put their money where their mouth is. They talk a good game, but in fact they do an even better job of saving face. The way they handle the offers is very telling I think. Smart businessmen for sure, but these guys are not high stakes poker players.

Guys, I jsut thought the post was funny. If you read the way it was written it was written in the tone of an infommercial. I know there is like zero chance one of those guys would play me. They enjoy yapping, but they simply don't put their money where their mouth is. They talk a good game, but in fact they do an even better job of saving face. The way they handle the offers is very telling I think. Smart businessmen for sure, but these guys are not high stakes poker players.
What I can't understand is.... Do they really fool people with all this talking out of both sides of their mouth? How great they are, but why they can't play etc. It seems pretty transparent to me, but apparently they have a lot of followers who don't care what they say, just assume it's the absolute truth. Not even saying that they're lying. But they are pretty full of BS.
Have mason or david ever said anything to the effect of believing that they're world class poker players?
Don't have a link or anything for you... But I'm pretty sure they do it all the time, lol.

I just wonder what limits these guys play and claim they could beat the big game. I have read that Sklansky plays 300-600, but I have also read about Sklansky playing in an 80-160 game. I know these are not small stakes to say the least, but I'm sure a 300-600, much less an 80-160, game plays much differently than a 4000-8000. What limits do they regularly play?

Have mason or david ever said anything to the effect of believing that they're world class poker players?
That is one of the smaller exagerrations Sklansky makes. He recently made a post on his forumn where he said if he had chosen to devote his massive brain to science instead of poker he would have won a Nobel prize. Now how is that for some ego?