daniel's special one-time offer.........

If you act now and your name is Mason Malmuth or David Sklansky you can take advantage of an astounding 10% rebate on your money in a heads up match against Daniel Negreanu!Rush to your phones gentlemen as this is a limited time offer for memebers only!!! Not only will you receive 10% of your money back, you'll also get to choose how much you want to risk! (Between $100,000 to $500,000)Not only that, you will ALSO get to pick your game of choice! That's right, for a limited time only you will receive:-a 10% rebate on your money-your choice of stakes (min. 100K)-your choice of gameAn offer too good too pass up? Absolutely! Mr.Negreanu has already given away $200,000 to lucky winner David Oppenheim anf you Mr.Sklansky or Mr.Malmuth could be our next big winner!Remember to act now as this is a limited time offer. An offer so good it's IMPOSSIBLE to refuse!!!Mr.Malmuth has said it himself, "Daniel will be an underdog in almost all of the matches he plays." You heard it here folks, Mr.Malmuth has stepped out and made his claim... is he willing to back it up with some greenbacks? Inquiring minds want to know. :club:
DN posted it this morning, and both Sklansky, and Malmuth have balked at it. I don't get what he's trying to prove, but it's definitely fun to watch....

I don't think he's trying to prove anything, he's just defending himself. Rather funny I think :club:

Malmuth conceeded that he's a slight dog.... which probably means he's a little more than a slight dog, and the fact that DN has laid them odds, and they still won't play definitely makes them look bad......

dn does have a rapists wit....
ummm .. "rapier" wit, is i think what you meant .. i guess a bunch of linguists, we are not ...
didnt u see dumb and dumber????

lol. I saw that too.nice post Mr. Negreanu. glad to see you can still outplay them even if they won't meet you on the felt.

Malmuth conceeded that he's a slight dog.... which probably means he's a little more than a slight dog, and the fact that DN has laid them odds, and they still won't play definitely makes them look bad......
And that's exactly what he's doing.They tried to make it seem like they didn't turn his offer down, by trying to change the stakes. Well you know what? The stakes are the stakes, and they are both bitches. So they tried to confuse everyone with a new offer, and then say... "Well I didn't turn it down".... No, just made up your own game. They are scared, and it's very apparrent. Just because they try to fast talk their way out of it doesn't make the truth any different. They are afraid to play, and the defense to that is by saying, well i WOULD play, but I want this and that. Well that aint how it works son. You are scared, so just tell everyone the truth and stop trying to save face, you pussies!

I think this guy West from 2+2 put it best.

When Mason said he believes you'd be an underdog in most of the matches you play, he clearly wasn't referring to the odds of you playing himself or David S. He's just speculating on you're likely opposition. So I think you're going to have a tough time goading one of them into one of your matches.How many players in the world wouldn't be an underdog, if they figured to be taking on, one by one, some of the best players in the world, each at their best games? We're not talking Seattle Supersonics/San Antonio Spurs type dog - more like Spurs - Miami Heat (who's the dog?)David I believe has said that he isn't too comfortable playing for 100k or 50k, and I think he said he'd want to receive 1.25 to 1 and play Stud/8 or better (blinds?) to take you on. I don't think 10 to 9 will do it for him. Also, I believe he's said that he wouldn't feel right playing at the Wynn right now, since the Bellagio is currently hosting a trial of a game he created.Even when he picks the game, it's not like David feels he has anything but a small edge over you. I think his only real interest in the idea is if you are willing to lay him enough odds to make risking that amount of money worth it to him. And since he clearly doesn't relish risking that amount of money on a "coin flip", you're basically going to have to make a suckers bet to get him to play you heads up for big money.

I love Daniel's challenge in general, but seems to me like he's being a jerk about the whole Sklansky/Malmuth thing. These guys gave a counter offer to the challenge, DN turned it down, and that should be it. Why does he have to try and goad them into playing? Maybe there's some history between them and that is why he is running his mouth off. Or maybe they are friends and this is just a fun little rivalry. I admit I don't know the whole story, but this is just my perspective.

I love Daniel's challenge in general, but seems to me like he's being a jerk about the whole Sklansky/Malmuth thing. These guys gave a counter offer to the challenge, DN turned it down, and that should be it. Why does he have to try and goad them into playing? Maybe there's some history between them and that is why he is running his mouth off. Or maybe they are friends and this is just a fun little rivalry. I admit I don't know the whole story, but this is just my perspective.
Oh man. Besides general poker advice, Sklansky was never really mentioned on these boards. When the heads up brackets were announced, I and a few others commented on how cool the Ivey vs Sklansky match would be, Daniel replied saying it would be the worst match, didn't give Sklansky very kind odds, and that's when the who has a bigger dick rivalry started.
http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...ht=poker+rivalsread what Daniel wrote.

This is the reply from Slansky:"It is important to understand that the terms I said I would agree to were not actually made as a challenge to Daniel. Rather they were to counter any perception that I consider myself a substantial underdog to the ultra high players and would avoid them at any cost. Keep in mind I would not take 11-10 on a 100K as a 52% shot.But again for the record, if Daniel is that anxious to play me in a way that the Bellagio won't particularly mind, I will go on record as saying that I will risk my own money in the following three ways:Hi Lo Regular getting 33,000 to 30,000 oddsHi Lo 8/B getting 23,500 to 20,000 oddsHi Lo 8/B getting 50,000 to 40,000 odds.To get up to his 100,000 threshhold, someone would have to take a piece of me or the odds would have to be sweetened. "And this is Mason's reply: "Daniel:Your challenge is silly. Heads-up poker is not something I do or have ever done. So I agree that you would probably have a small edge against me. Does that make you feel better?But I do stand on my previous statement that most of those who do take you up on your offer will be a favorite over you. So if you're so anxious to lay me 11-to-10, let me bet on some of those players with those odds.By the way, I'm literally crushed with publishing work, Harrington on Hold 'em, Volume II is top priority at the moment. It will be followed by other important books including Theory and Practice of No Limit Hold 'em by David Sklansky and Ed Miller. So I'll only be in Wynn occasionally the next couple of months.Mason "Anyone else think these guys are just being longwinded about pussing out? Mason has too much writing to do for a 3 hour match worth potentially 500k? And David needs better odds to beat another pro at his game of choice? Give me a break. Just man up and say "No thanks Daniel, we can't beat you."

Give me a break. Just man up and say "No thanks Daniel, we can't beat you."
That's exactly what they are saying. One asked for better odds because he is an underdog, and the other said he wouldn't evenplay him, he would just bet on other pros against him.I think Daniel is the one being ridiculous here. Either say "I accept your ridiculous terms", or "No thank you" and have that be the end of it. There is no need to drag it out.

those guys know all the odds. Their books are certainly good. So why dont they have the bankroll to play these matches? Their brains are large but their balls are small. They can beat middle limits and even upper middle, but they lack the creativity and heart to pull the trigger in key spots. their little tiny balls just wont allow it.

Give me a break. Just man up and say "No thanks Daniel, we can't beat you."
That's exactly what they are saying. One asked for better odds because he is an underdog, and the other said he wouldn't evenplay him, he would just bet on other pros against him.I think Daniel is the one being ridiculous here. Either say "I accept your ridiculous terms", or "No thank you" and have that be the end of it. There is no need to drag it out.
i dont see anything wrong with what dn is doing here..maybe a little tacky,but hey this is poker not charm school...if he can goad one of the guys into playing him,then so be it..as far as dragging it out,at keast it makes for better discussion than the usaul "i slowplayed my pocket aces and lost,party poker sucks " threads...

Not only do I not see anything wrong with what DN is doing, I love it. These guys want to make comments about the challenges and the when Daniel even gives the a discount they can't because of book commitments or the odds aren't right. Well Oppenhiem didn't ask for any odds, and I'm sure many other players will show up not asking for odds.DN is offering to play anyone at their game and their price. IMO he is already laying enough, and if these two won't accept his direct challenge they should just flat out say no.

Not only do I not see anything wrong with what DN is doing, I love it. These guys want to make comments about the challenges and the when Daniel even gives the a discount they can't because of book commitments or the odds aren't right. Well Oppenhiem didn't ask for any odds, and I'm sure many other players will show up not asking for odds.DN is offering to play anyone at their game and their price. IMO he is already laying enough, and if these two won't accept his direct challenge they should just flat out say no.
fair enough

Seriously you would think that much money wouldnt be a big deal to Slansky who is considered a top poker expert.I think Daniel really wants to play Slansky because he disagrees with his pure math approach to the game and wants to beat him in a completely non slansky way.