Rick Tocchet Experience Week 4

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, we suck. I think we need to cut our action waaaaaay down, and concentrate on finding really good spots. I really believe we're betting now because we think we should, not because we think we found a soft spot....

I believe the salami has gone over, under, over, under, over the last 5 nights. I'm so glad we didn't pick this week to start our tactic of betting what the salami was the night before.I propose we NEVER bet on any game involving Dallas again.BTW, did anyone know before last night's game that Brad Richards was injured. I did not.

I don't think anyone knew. Even Mike Heika was not told before the game.Zubov should be back next week, but that team desperately needs Lethinen's right hand shot on the powerplay.Also, I don't remember seing that many turnovers in a single game. Awful. Had Truco been in net, this could have finished in double digits.

Although, I haven't had much time to participate since the season started, I have been following along when I can and I agree with Gruven, we need to cut our action some. It seems that at times we are betting just for the sake of having action and just not picking our spots well.Looking at tonights board, I don't see a lot that interests me which the exception of the ottawa tampa game.The Sens are playing their best hocky on the road right now and overall I believe they are underachieving some. While personally, I think the lighting are an overrated team which just isnt playing very well.getting plus money with the Sens on the road looks like a good fit to me against a team who has just one win at home thus far,

Although, I haven't had much time to participate since the season started, I have been following along when I can and I agree with Gruven, we need to cut our action some. It seems that at times we are betting just for the sake of having action and just not picking our spots well.Looking at tonights board, I don't see a lot that interests me which the exception of the ottawa tampa game.The Sens are playing their best hocky on the road right now and overall I believe they are underachieving some. While personally, I think the lighting are an overrated team which just isnt playing very well.getting plus money with the Sens on the road looks like a good fit to me against a team who has just one win at home thus far,
I have to totally disagree. The lightning have played a great last two games and the are finally playing up to their preseason hype. Stamkos finally turned up his game and vinny looks his old self

Here's my input on what gone wrong over the last few days. We have been putting mone down on games which we see as apparent value not respecting the line makers line. The following were our bets where we had superior or equal team paying plus money. Dallas to beat Chicago at +105, Det to beat SJ at +125 we were naive to think that Vegas would give plus money on Detroit think about it gus how many times through the course of the year will we get Det at plus money vegas finds its spots where they have potential to lose. I've been as guilty as anyone else and Ive been sidetracked from my pure way of handicapping games. I will go back to my pure form which is betting small favs. We should have made money this week so its a piss off that we are in the hole. Vegas knows what they are doing in setting these lines it seems they are weaker in the OU department than on game lines. If anyone wants to follow these are 2 rules I will be setting for myself over the next 2 weeks1. Two equal teams yet one of the team is fav very heavily = no play example Flor-Nash these teams are very equal yet Nash is -175 (even if Flor wins I dont care its not value were betting against Vegas2. Team with a weaker record is a small fav on the raod = play Ott paying -105 against TB both teams have 9 points.Comments PleaseDAL Stars0.0 @ +105, CAR Hurricanes0.0 @ +100, DET Redwings0.0 @ +125, MIN Wild0.0 @ +125, Pit Penguins0.0 @ +150, CHI Blackhawks0.0 @ +130, ATL Thrashers0.0 @ +170LA Kings0.0 @ +160FLA Panthers0.0 @ +130

I think we should just throw everything we have left on the Rangers tonight.
We are only down $200 bucks we still have $1800 to work with far from dire straights. AJS whats your fav over for today? You seem to nail overs on a great rate.
We are only down $200 bucks we still have $1800 to work with far from dire straights. AJS whats your fav over for today? You seem to nail overs on a great rate.
I was just kidding, obviously, about the Rangers thing, but if you're asking:I really like the Sabres-Capitals over for today. Set for 5.5 @ -110 when both teams are averaging over 3 goals per game (Washington is scoring 3.5 per) and giving up better than 2.5 per. Buffalo has given up 5 goals in each of it's last 2 starts, Washington gave up 5 to Dallas a couple games back. In addition, Tim Connolly will be back in the lineup for Buffalo today which is a huge spark for their offense (Connolly will be skating with Pominville and MacArthur, Stafford has been bounced down to the 3rd line in favor of Al Kotalik with Roy and Vanek. Buffalo is going to score goals in bunches today. Every trend related to and between these two teams projects an OVER result.I'm taking the over in this game for 3 units on my account, I like it for 2 on the group account.
I was just kidding, obviously, about the Rangers thing, but if you're asking:I really like the Sabres-Capitals over for today. Set for 5.5 @ -110 when both teams are averaging over 3 goals per game (Washington is scoring 3.5 per) and giving up better than 2.5 per. Buffalo has given up 5 goals in each of it's last 2 starts, Washington gave up 5 to Dallas a couple games back. In addition, Tim Connolly will be back in the lineup for Buffalo today which is a huge spark for their offense (Connolly will be skating with Pominville and MacArthur, Stafford has been bounced down to the 3rd line in favor of Al Kotalik with Roy and Vanek. Buffalo is going to score goals in bunches today. Every trend related to and between these two teams projects an OVER result.I'm taking the over in this game for 3 units on my account, I like it for 2 on the group account.
I actually disagree. I have always found that when lines get juggled, especially the top two lines, chemistry suffers. When it's due to a regular returning from a long layoff, the timing is ALWAYS off. I usually look for unders on games that fit that case, because the players start thinking more about their positioning, instead of playing naturally, and that means better defense and less offense...

I missed my Sat afternoon under. Got sidetracked playing low stakes poker. I feel I have an easier time selecting my personal plays than those for the team at a quick glance I like a few games for myself but won't suggest them for the team.

Boston coming home after long road trip, Dallas played like garbage yesterday Iam taking Dallas. Also still going against Minny this will be game 3 of 5 so Iam all over the Coyotes. Looking into taking Chi-Columbus over.Seems like RTE is losing steam we need a good day to bring it back to its past glory of 10 days ago.

I agree with Sev. I would rather get -120 and win than get +120 and lose. I think we've been letting the odds dictate what we bet too much. We need to pick a team we really think will win and bet it if the odds are anywhere half decent.We don't need homeruns right now, we need baserunners.I do like ATL tonight though. :club:

Boston coming home after long road trip, Dallas played like garbage yesterday Iam taking Dallas. Also still going against Minny this will be game 3 of 5 so Iam all over the Coyotes. Looking into taking Chi-Columbus over.Seems like RTE is losing steam we need a good day to bring it back to its past glory of 10 days ago.
I like CHI-CBJ over if we're taking votes.And, once again, I like Dallas. This team is better than this, and I like the +130. Kill me now.But my play of the night is Pittsburgh. Even money @ St.Louis. Pens for 2 units.
I'm taking the over in this game for 3 units on my account, I like it for 2 on the group account.
What Chris said made sense about the line juggling, but I'm with Adam, I think this game has a good shot at over.And I dont think its that big of a line juggle. Adam is the Sabres' expert, but most of the year, Roy and Vanek were togther anyway, sometimes with Kotalik. Theodore has been pretty bad this year, and while you might expect a bounce back, I say if we're playing trends, play the one that says Theo is a sieve for the time being, and Buffalo is a little shaky defensively. It could change tonight, but play the trend if we like it.I'll back Adam on the 2 unit over. Id feel better if Ovie was there, but Im ok with backing the hot hand.
15 min to go. Should we bet Columbus , Dallas, Pitt or PHOENIX. Lets go guys some input please.
Of the available choices, Im most comfortable betting Pittsburgh to win over St. Louis. I don't like any of the other options at all.