Switching Tables In A Mtt

OK, it seems this happens alot to me and I find it frustrating sometimes but I know it is unavoidable. So, with that being said say you are fairly deep in a MTT and have been at one table for a long time. You have a fairly good image and can pick up most pots uncontested and are big stack. Then, you get moved to a new table where you are no longer the big stack and are middle of the pack in chip-size. I find in this situation I like to tighten up a little bit and try to re-establish a good image, but with the blinds higher its hard to do without getting blinded down significantly. Is this the right thing to do or do I want to show early aggression to give my opponents the read that I am a little aggro to pay me off when I have a good hand? I don't play many MTT's as I am a Single SNG player mainly, so any advice for this situation would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

When switched to a new table I tend to play tight for an orbit or two. Not to establish a tight image for myself, although that does end up happening, but rather to get reads on everyone else.I just started using PT3 with the HUD, and the biggest thing that pisses me off about getting moved, is that I usually don't have any hands on the players at the new table.

Well, if you think you are better than the average player in the tournament, you should tighten up imo. When you first move to a table, you don't know how everyone else plays and everyone else doesn't know how you play, so it "equalizes" things. If you are better though, the longer you play at the table the more and more money you will be able to make, since you will be reading the other players better than they read you. :)If you are worse than the average, then you should play looser, since you need to press your advantage while you have it.It's the same concept as playing more hands when you are playing well.

When switched to a new table I tend to play tight for an orbit or two. Not to establish a tight image for myself, although that does end up happening, but rather to get reads on everyone else.
^^^^^^ The best thing to do is revert to your typical strategy relative to your stack and the blinds, hang back and get a read on how the rest of the table plays.

I read through the past few hands in the hand history on Stars as well.Play tight, get a read on the table dynamics and adjust accordingly. You mention that sometimes the stack-blind ratio doesn't always make that possible. Of course that's true, so play as you normally would under those circumstances absent any reads on the table. If I make any adjustment, it is that I don't like playing post flop (especially out of position) with zero information, so I tend to end hands faster with slightly more shoves than normal (as opposed to standard opening raises).