Wpt: Festa Al Lago Day 3 Thread

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a feeling this might be one of those tournies where DN runs sick good all the way to the final table, and then just goes completely card dead.Prove me wrong DN. BULLDOZZZZERRR!! Or something like that.

Small Ball Philosophy Pays off For NegreanuThursday, October 23, 2008 02:21 PM PDT Shawn Sheikhan opens the pot for a raise and Daniel Negreanu calls right behind him. Action folds around to Doug Lee in the blinds how moves all in for 38,000. Sheikhan then comes over the top for about 100,000 and Kid Poker calls.Negreanu: AASheikhan: 8-8Doug Lee: 5-5The board comes A33Q10, giving Negreanu the full house and the pot while eliminating Shawn Sheikhan and Doug Lee. Negreanu now sits on 445,000.
how did winning a 250000 chip pot only get him to 445000where did the rest of his chips gowe had the one update down to 406000, but what else happened?????

Matt Hyman Eliminated by Jennifer Tilly Thursday, October 23, 2008 03:47 PM PDT After a flop of A55, Allie Prescott bets 17,000 under the gun, Jennifer Tilly calls from middle position, and Matt Hyman raises from the button to 57,000. Prescott folds, and Tilly thinks for more than a minute before she calls. The turn card is the K, and Hyman says, "All in." The dealer informs him that he has acted out of turn, and Tilly asks for clarification. It's her turn to act, and she checks. Hyman moves all in again for 56,700, and Tilly stands up to get a clear view of the situation. Tilly thinks for another minute or so before she calls with A4 (two pair, aces and fives). Hyman shows 98 for a flush draw, and he'll need to catch a diamond on the river to stay alive. The river card is a blank, and Jennifer Tilly wins the pot with her two pair, building her stack to about 343,000. Matt Hyman is eliminated, while his twin brother Zach plays on at another table. New plan of action for Justin Bonomo??????

Small Ball Philosophy Pays off For NegreanuThursday, October 23, 2008 02:21 PM PDT Shawn Sheikhan opens the pot for a raise and Daniel Negreanu calls right behind him. Action folds around to Doug Lee in the blinds how moves all in for 38,000. Sheikhan then comes over the top for about 100,000 and Kid Poker calls.Negreanu: AASheikhan: 8-8Doug Lee: 5-5The board comes A33Q10, giving Negreanu the full house and the pot while eliminating Shawn Sheikhan and Doug Lee. Negreanu now sits on 445,000.
Wow, it's like deja vu. It would be really eerie if this happens again tommorrow.

Jennifer Tilly Busts Johnny Chan & Allie Prescott to Take the Chip Lead Thursday, October 23, 2008 04:50 PM PDT Jennifer Tilly raises under the gun, Johnny Chan reraises from middle position, and Allie Prescott moves all in from the button. Jennifer and Johnny Chan are both quickly all in as well, and the cards are revealed: Jennifer Tilly: A :D K :3h Johnny Chan: 10 :D 10 :D Allie Prescott: 9 :qh 9 :4h The board comes A :5c 8 :qh 4 :club: 2 :ts 7 :D , and Tilly flops a pair of aces to win the pot, catapulting her into the chip lead with about 660,000 in chips. Both Johnny Chan and Allie Prescott are eliminated on the hand.

Jennifer Tilly Busts Johnny Chan & Allie Prescott to Take the Chip Lead Thursday, October 23, 2008 04:50 PM PDT Jennifer Tilly raises under the gun, Johnny Chan reraises from middle position, and Allie Prescott moves all in from the button. Jennifer and Johnny Chan are both quickly all in as well, and the cards are revealed: Jennifer Tilly: A :D K :3h Johnny Chan: 10 :D 10 :D Allie Prescott: 9 :qh 9 :4h The board comes A :5c 8 :qh 4 :club: 2 :ts 7 :D , and Tilly flops a pair of aces to win the pot, catapulting her into the chip lead with about 660,000 in chips. Both Johnny Chan and Allie Prescott are eliminated on the hand.
JFT!!!
Is your sig Adriana Lima?
LOL. I just read this girls wiki. I'm not sure I'm buying the whole I'm a virgin thing from a supermodel who posed mostly nude, dated Lenny Kravitz, and is currently engaged to an NBA player.Mark
This joke is being under appreciated.
isn't it possible that the lack of response signifies that the joke just wasnt worthy of respondingI mean, I did smile, but the joke is made over and over in varying waysa good effort, but not worthy of being call underappreciated later
JC Alvarado Eliminated Twice Thursday, October 23, 2008 01:02 PM PDT JC Alvarado gets it all in pre-flop with Qd Qc against Odie Dardon's 9d 9c . The board comes Kd 7h5d 9h 5c, giving Dardon a set of nines on the turn and a full house on the river. With their stacks almost identical, the dealer slides all of Alvarado's chips across the table as JC makes his exit. With both Alvarado and Dardon's stacks looking too close to call, several players at the table insisted that the dealer count them down in order to make sure that Alvarado was in fact eliminated from the tournament. It turned out that Alvarado did have 2,000 left after the hand, and after another player called him to let him know that he was down, but not out, Alvarado ran back into the room and got the rest of it in on the very next hand.Alvarado moved all in for just short of the big blind and both Blake Cahail and Sabyl Cohen-Landrum called from the blinds. The flop came 9s 7s 4 s, and Cohen-Landrum bet, Cahail folds. Alvarado turns over As 6c for the nut flush draw while Cohen-Landrum shows Kc 9d for top pair. The turn and river bring the 5c and the 9h, no help for Alavarado who is eliminated from the tournament for the "second" time today. gg, JCgl tid Daniel
GG JC.On a more serious note.... Sabyl Cohen got married???
This joke is being under appreciated.
No.
isn't it possible that the lack of response signifies that the joke just wasnt worthy of respondingI mean, I did smile, but the joke is made over and over in varying waysa good effort, but not worthy of being call underappreciated later
I didn't even smile.

Table 62's Lineup Thursday, October 23, 2008 04:59 PM PDT As the field shrinks, losing some of the lesser known players, the concentration of notable players increases. Every table is a tough table, but Table 62 stands out more than most:Seat 1: Joe SebokSeat 2: Andrew RoblSeat 3: Nenad MedicSeat 4: Dutch BoydSeat 5: Alan SmurfitSeat 6: Ted LawsonSeat 7: Doyle BrunsonSeat 8: Erica SchoenbergSeat 9: Zach Hymanouch

Negreanu Loses Huge PotThursday, October 23, 2008 06:00 PM PDT On on a board of A :D K :club: 7 :ts and with a little over 50,000 in the pot, Daniel Negreanu bets 22,000 and Ryan Fair makes a large raise from the button to 160,000. Negreanu questions "why so much?". He thinks for a few moments and announces that he is all in. Fair calls.Ryan Fair: 7 :qh 7 :3h for bottom set.Negranu: A :qh K :D . Top two for Daniel is bad news. he will need to catch another king or queen.The board fills out A :D K :D 7 :D Q :4h 10 :5c , allowing Fair's hand to hold up. He doubles up huge to 780,000.Negreanu drops down to only 98,000 and will have an uphill battle to fight to make a deep run. Although short, Negreanu is not crippled as he still has over 16 big blinds to work with.

For the love of god one of you TID! :)Also is Brad Booth still in? I saw him among the leaders on day 1 i think? Is he still in? Yes i'm to lazy to look myself.Edit: I looked. He's still in !
i cannot stop looking at your sig

I highly suggest watching the interview with Joe Sebok, particularly at the 2:42 mark. Hilarious.Edit: And GG Daniel...Daniel Negreanu and Ted Lawson eliminated on the bubbleDaniel Negreanu moves all in for 60,500 from under the gun. Ted Lawson calls, having less chips than Daniel. Action folds to the big blind who wakes up with QQ and makes the call. Both Negreanu and Lawson are all in for their tournament life.Negreanu: KJLawson: A9The board comes Q10510A giving the big blind a full house and eliminating both Lawson and Negreanu on the bubble.We are now down to 50 players who are all in the money.