****official I'm Going To See Saw V Thread****

3 was good...it had some twists. 4 is DEFINITELY worth seeing in my opinion.
I agree, as i believe it was the 2nd best in the series. I would have to go SAW 1SAW 4SAW 2SAW 3SAW 5Cant wait for 6 and speaking of horror movies i cant wait for the reboot of Friday the 13th opens Feb 13th 2009.
I saw this tonight as well, I disagree with koop's assessment entirely... (There are spoiler tags for a reason, Koop. There are there, on the left side of your screen, as you make a post. People have to scroll past what you write, you know, the thread just doesn't end on the first part of your post. )

Actually, I didn't see Saw V tonight, and I've only seen the first one. I have no idea how the first guy dies in saw two, nor how brutal the movie is. I'd rather set my money on fire then spend it to see saw 5. I am now going to ramble incoheriently on for a while to make this spoiler seem alot longer than it actually is. himimnahma aiemnfaijhfem afhfeamfh hnamofjam hjfjfkd hemfamimfe hehfmooure m hot cock mmmmahmfahfme amomamoemaofmoefamofmef fjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjjfjfjfjffjjffjjfjfjfjfjffjfjfjfjfjjffjfjfjfjjffjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjf mudslide fjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjjffjjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjjfjfjffjjfjfjfjfjfjff fhfhfhfhfh fhfh fhf hfhfhf hfhff hfheffhefhehfhefhehh hroyals suck hehmma rmeomoe maomrehrmahar hemarhen arehe

I'm glad that you think they're stupid... I thought our movie paths had diverged in the woods. (other than Mel Gibson of course)
I'm glad that you think they're stupid... I thought our movies paths had diverged in the woods. (other than Mel Gibson of course)
yeah, I saw in that other thread, where you and the saw fan had a mini flame war, and I thought it would be too funny to pretend I'd seen the movies.As a little tip, here's a tell.. if i say " fuck ya!" about something, I'm most likely being insincere.

I'm surprised so many of you liked saw 4... my wife and I watched Saw 3 and 4 last night (we got them all) and I got to say, I felt 4 was definitely the weakest. First, the transitions between the 3 different subplots was cheesy as hell. You also never get fully involved in one of the story lines, I felt I was constantly asking questions throughout that it actually took away from movie.After shutting off saw 4, we turned off the DVD player and wouldn't you know, the original Saw was just starting it's opening scene haha. We couldn't possibly take watching nearly 6hrs straight of saw last night, so we turned it off after 20min.So far I like them in the exact order they were made... 1, 2, 3, 4.... we'll see about 5 this week. Looks like the majority of users also agree with me judging by IMDB ratings:Saw: 7.7/10Saw 2: 6.8/10Saw 3: 6.4/10Saw 4: 6.2/10Saw 5: 6.2/10

I saw the 5th installment last night and it's by far the weakest of the bunch. The way it came together was just terrible, it's the 5th sequel and it was hard to tell the difference between present day and a flashback. Some flashbacks they used a 'foggy' look to it, while other flashbacks it was crystal clear as if it was present day. So if you aren't fresh up on the past 6 hours of Saw you definitely would get confused watching this one even though it wasn't that complex.I'm finding there to be way too much filler the past couple of movies and not enough focus on the main characters. The characters we were suppose to care about (originally chained around the necks together) all died and ultimately had nothing to do with the overall movie. Sure they somehow were tied together because of some building resulting in a few deaths but it was a lame attempt at sort of recreating saw 2 imo. If you're going to do that, do it right and don't go fill us with detective crap for 20minutes before getting back to the plot. The last 2 movies have been all over the place with no real focus on the victims and more focus on who's actually behind it all.For a 5th movie in a series it's leaps and bounds ahead of most horror movies but this series is definitely on the decline and needs a real fresh, original script to go along with it. Perhaps a prequel like batman begins would be better than small backflashes and introducing the wife anymore.What was 'the box' that the wife got after meeting the attorney anyway? That seemed like the most pointless scene of the flick and just another plothole for another flashback in Saw VI.

2/5They are trying to hard to make it a good drama movie. Saw isn't a crime drama like se7en, it's something that's suppose to mess with your mind and your stomach. Less focus on detective work and more on the good stuff is what's needed to revamp the series.

I saw the 5th installment last night and it's by far the weakest of the bunch. The way it came together was just terrible, it's the 5th sequel and it was hard to tell the difference between present day and a flashback. Some flashbacks they used a 'foggy' look to it, while other flashbacks it was crystal clear as if it was present day. So if you aren't fresh up on the past 6 hours of Saw you definitely would get confused watching this one even though it wasn't that complex.I'm finding there to be way too much filler the past couple of movies and not enough focus on the main characters. The characters we were suppose to care about (originally chained around the necks together) all died and ultimately had nothing to do with the overall movie. Sure they somehow were tied together because of some building resulting in a few deaths but it was a lame attempt at sort of recreating saw 2 imo. If you're going to do that, do it right and don't go fill us with detective crap for 20minutes before getting back to the plot. The last 2 movies have been all over the place with no real focus on the victims and more focus on who's actually behind it all.For a 5th movie in a series it's leaps and bounds ahead of most horror movies but this series is definitely on the decline and needs a real fresh, original script to go along with it. Perhaps a prequel like batman begins would be better than small backflashes and introducing the wife anymore.What was 'the box' that the wife got after meeting the attorney anyway? That seemed like the most pointless scene of the flick and just another plothole for another flashback in Saw VI.

2/5They are trying to hard to make it a good drama movie. Saw isn't a crime drama like se7en, it's something that's suppose to mess with your mind and your stomach. Less focus on detective work and more on the good stuff is what's needed to revamp the series.

as much as i love the saw series, they will never recover from killing jigsaw off in the 3rd movie. that's what made saw popular, the mind behind the traps and the way he presented himself. it just seems like now they're just trying to fill movie time with other pointless stuff and trying to introduce new twists when it isn't what really made the franchise. hearing hoffman's voice on a tape recorder is weird.
he first one was so laughable, i dont understand how anyone could have kept watching them
The first one was brilliant. An original script that upped the shock value tremendously in the industry.

I saw it tonight and was, like most, disappointed. I though it was too straightforward even after all the 'You won't believe how it ends.' I found myself thinking of crazy scenarios that could have come up, and the simple ending disappointed me to no end. I don't think this could have taken place before Jigsaw's death because of the entire thing of Strawm getting off the case/becoming so interested and his death must have taken place after Saw IV. However, the tape that Hoffman gets from Jigsaw's stomach does throw me off... it said something like I bet you feel in control but you will not walk away untested, my work will continue. Idk, but I hope the sixth goes way deeper than this did...