I Completely Lost Focus

He knows who it is ( IE World famous stuntman, Scott Roland, and (whom I have to assume) are his two lovely daughters). He's just playing dumb.
This hasn't lost any funniness. fyi.
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This hasn't lost any funniness. fyi.
I'm not sure what you mean, funnieness. I know I myself havent' grown tired of honoring Scott Roland, and his body of work. Speaking off, have you seen this picture of Scott with a pack of midgets? It's cute as a button..MeandCrew1.jpg
There is a scientist named Ian Stevenson. He gave up his field of psychology (I believe it was) to study reincarnation, even though he knew it would not be a popular choice for him. He studied thousands of cases of young children (2-3 year olds) who could remember their past lives. He would ask them all these questions, and then he could actually go verify the information by going to the family of the person who had died (some years previously) There were many times when the children knew things that no one else knew except for maybe the deceased person's wife.Being a a very rigorous scientist, Mr. Stevenson, would not necessarily attribute this to reincarnation, but reincarnation is (obviously) one of the possible explanations for these occurances. Link about Ian Stevenson: http://www.ial.goldthread.com/kidspage/stevenson.htmlSo in my opinion the Buddha was not making metaphorical references, but was just explaining a phenomenon, that in his day was not considered strange, but was a fairly well-known concept about how the world worked.
LMAO, Stevenson's work has been debunked even more thoroughly than Loose Change.
I"m not familiar with him, but I also don't tend to get my scientific information from Coast to Coast.
He does have one good quality..his best thinking was done after experimenting with acid and mescaline.
He does have one good quality..his best thinking was done after experimenting with acid and mescaline.
lol, that's exactly what I thought when I read about him... too bad the acid insight got channeled into this reincarnation nonsense.
I'm not sure what you mean, funnieness. I know I myself havent' grown tired of honoring Scott Roland, and his body of work. Speaking off, have you seen this picture of Scott with a pack of midgets? It's cute as a button..MeandCrew1.jpg
Is that what the kids are calling them these days?
I didn't know that word! I do now, but fwiw it is apparently a Hindu concept (very similar to Buddhist nirvana).
moksha and enlightenment are actually literally the same thing. the differences lie in what happens before we get there. :club:
LMAO, Stevenson's work has been debunked even more thoroughly than Loose Change.
Don't be so ignorant and narrow minded Cop, not everything can be proved by science, ever heard of spirituality?No?I didn't think so.
Don't be so ignorant and narrow minded Cop, not everything can be proved by science, ever heard of spirituality?
Science just the set of methods we use to determine what is true and what isn't. If reincarnation is actually happening, I don't see why that couldn't be verified scientifically. In fact, that's exactly what Stevenson was trying to do! He simply failed. And what makes you think "spirituality" is beyond the purview of science?
I was talking with a gentleman at work a few nights ago and I was saying how I just didn't think this country could economically handle an Obama presidency and he sighed and pointed to the sky and said,"It's up to him." It stopped me in my tracks, and I will tell you why. Because, I had completely let that part of the equation mentally slide for me. There are multitudes of reasons for this, but I truly let my core down, in that I do believe that when it comes to the U.S. and it's leaders Gods will is ultimately done. I believe this above all else. My friend at works gentle reminder was a true blessing. Now, to understand why God would let someone like Obama come into power is another question, and I have some ideas. Food for thought- we have had a heck of a time through most of the Bush administration, job growth, the opportunity to buy and sell homes and make money for no real reason, what did we do with it? Largely, and this includes some people I know, we were greedy, wasteful, decadent, God gave us opportunity to thrive and as a country we acted like assholes. Not all, but a good amount. Basic christian values went out the window as we saw dollar signs- not all, but a good amount. I am currently thinking that it's quite possible God is pissed as can be at the degeneracy of our nation and is just saying,"O.k., here you go. Now look how bad it can get." I mean, he had his people enslaved numerous times, Gods not above an ass whippin, or just long term torture until those who wouldn't bow before, do. So, without getting to religous I think what I am trying to say is as a country we just may deserve what we are about to receive. What many of you seem to think is the next best thing is the opposite of Gods love of this country, it's the manifestation of his wrath. I will be gone for a day or so, play nice.
You are a great man lois. Definetly one of my favorite posters.Why is it whenever God is invoked in a thread all the atheists go on simultaneous tilt, rush to their keyboards and seemingly have a little competition to see who can make the most intellectually enlightened post on why God cant exist?If the likelyhood of there being a God was really that small, why dio all the God threads run so long. after all if you said instead of God, say maybe popeye the sailor, you might get a few guffaws, the thread would be locked, and all would be fine.Wasnt it confucious who said, Who is bigger foolHe who makes lame thread, or one who makes effort to ponder, reply, and post in same?
If the likelyhood of there being a God was really that small, why dio all the God threads run so long. after all if you said instead of God, say maybe popeye the sailor, you might get a few guffaws, the thread would be locked, and all would be fine.
I see. So in order to determine whether something exists, we should simply measure the length of the discussion it generates on a poker forum. Sounds like an infallible strategy to me! How does this work now exactly -- one page = does not exist, greater than one page = exists?Let's start a thread on unicorns and I'll keep posting until they exist! (please don't lock Bob, unicorns would be sooo cool)
You are a great man lois. Definetly one of my favorite posters.Why is it whenever God is invoked in a thread all the atheists go on simultaneous tilt, rush to their keyboards and seemingly have a little competition to see who can make the most intellectually enlightened post on why God cant exist?If the likelyhood of there being a God was really that small, why dio all the God threads run so long. after all if you said instead of God, say maybe popeye the sailor, you might get a few guffaws, the thread would be locked, and all would be fine.Wasnt it confucious who said, Who is bigger foolHe who makes lame thread, or one who makes effort to ponder, reply, and post in same?
jesus christ
Absolutely, at least on my part. If you learn/know that above all else God has what is spiritually best in mind for you(if you follow him) not much can scare you. Still think it's funny that 80% of the posts in this thread paint the picture of a country that, if there was a God, he just might not like all that much.
There's a great number of people including Christians that don't like the idea of God being pissed off. But in reading the Bible, we do know that it'll happen. All I can say is I'm thankful that He's a great deal more patient than I am.
There's a great number of people including Christians that don't like the idea of God being pissed off. But in reading the Bible, we do know that it'll happen. All I can say is I'm thankful that He's a great deal more patient than I am.
Do you believe that everything in the Bible happened just as it says?
Do you believe that everything in the Bible happened just as it says?
I believe a great deal of the Bible is the dumbed down version of what God really did since we wouldn't understand it any more than a 2 year old would understand nuclear physics. By the way, just to really piss off all you atheists, I really don't have any idea at this point who I will be voting for. I've left it in God's hands to guide me when I get in the voting booth. Yes in my head, I lean Obama but that may not be what He wants me to do. And yes in my head, I dislike McCain intensely but yes I might end up voting for him if that's what God intends. Or a 3rd party candidate could be it. Don't think my vote will matter to anyone except me & Him however.
QUOTE (BigDMcGee @ Saturday, October 25th, 2008, 6:19 PM) post_snapback.gifavalokiteshvara bodhisattva
BodhisattvaWould you take me by the handBodhisattvaWould you take me by the handCan you show meThe shine of your japanThe sparkle of your chinaCan you show meBodhisattvaBodhisattvaIm gonna sell my house in townBodhisattvaIm gonna sell my house in townAnd Ill be thereTo shine in your japanTo sparkle in your chinaYes Ill be thereBodhisattva[insert Elliot Randall/Skunk Baxter solos]
BodhisattvaWould you take me by the handBodhisattvaWould you take me by the handCan you show meThe shine of your japanThe sparkle of your chinaCan you show meBodhisattvaBodhisattvaIm gonna sell my house in townBodhisattvaIm gonna sell my house in townAnd Ill be thereTo shine in your japanTo sparkle in your chinaYes Ill be thereBodhisattva[insert Elliot Randall/Skunk Baxter solos]
You just taught me how to quote somebody whose entire post is a quote! It's so obvious now :ts.EDIT: Oops, no you didn't. :club: I came up with -
QUOTE (BigDMcGee @ Saturday, October 25th, 2008, 6:19 PM) * avalokiteshvara bodhisattva