I Completely Lost Focus

I was talking with a gentleman at work a few nights ago and I was saying how I just didn't think this country could economically handle an Obama presidency and he sighed and pointed to the sky and said,"It's up to him." It stopped me in my tracks, and I will tell you why. Because, I had completely let that part of the equation mentally slide for me. There are multitudes of reasons for this, but I truly let my core down, in that I do believe that when it comes to the U.S. and it's leaders Gods will is ultimately done. I believe this above all else. My friend at works gentle reminder was a true blessing. Now, to understand why God would let someone like Obama come into power is another question, and I have some ideas. Food for thought- we have had a heck of a time through most of the Bush administration, job growth, the opportunity to buy and sell homes and make money for no real reason, what did we do with it? Largely, and this includes some people I know, we were greedy, wasteful, decadent, God gave us opportunity to thrive and as a country we acted like assholes. Not all, but a good amount. Basic christian values went out the window as we saw dollar signs- not all, but a good amount. I am currently thinking that it's quite possible God is pissed as can be at the degeneracy of our nation and is just saying,"O.k., here you go. Now look how bad it can get." I mean, he had his people enslaved numerous times, Gods not above an ass whippin, or just long term torture until those who wouldn't bow before, do. So, without getting to religous I think what I am trying to say is as a country we just may deserve what we are about to receive. What many of you seem to think is the next best thing is the opposite of Gods love of this country, it's the manifestation of his wrath. I will be gone for a day or so, play nice.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, without getting to religous I think what I am trying to say is as a country we just may deserve what we are about to receive. What many of you seem to think is the next best thing is the opposite of Gods love of this country, it's the manifestation of his wrath.
I thought that was the old testament god, and that jesus meant that we had a new, non-vengeful god now?
Yup, and God allowed 9/11 to happen because of all the Sodomites in NYC.
Wow...should this be in the religious thread?God gives us free will and isn't directly involved in each and every move me make. (IMO)But if Obama wins.... I'm Canadian in the morning.
I was talking with a gentleman at work a few nights ago and I was saying how I just didn't think this country could economically handle an Obama presidency and he sighed and pointed to the sky and said,"It's up to him." It stopped me in my tracks, and I will tell you why. Because, I had completely let that part of the equation mentally slide for me. There are multitudes of reasons for this, but I truly let my core down, in that I do believe that when it comes to the U.S. and it's leaders Gods will is ultimately done. I believe this above all else. My friend at works gentle reminder was a true blessing. Now, to understand why God would let someone like Obama come into power is another question, and I have some ideas. Food for thought- we have had a heck of a time through most of the Bush administration, job growth, the opportunity to buy and sell homes and make money for no real reason, what did we do with it? Largely, and this includes some people I know, we were greedy, wasteful, decadent, God gave us opportunity to thrive and as a country we acted like assholes. Not all, but a good amount. Basic christian values went out the window as we saw dollar signs- not all, but a good amount. I am currently thinking that it's quite possible God is pissed as can be at the degeneracy of our nation and is just saying,"O.k., here you go. Now look how bad it can get." I mean, he had his people enslaved numerous times, Gods not above an ass whippin, or just long term torture until those who wouldn't bow before, do. So, without getting to religous I think what I am trying to say is as a country we just may deserve what we are about to receive. What many of you seem to think is the next best thing is the opposite of Gods love of this country, it's the manifestation of his wrath. I will be gone for a day or so, play nice.
This post is so silly that I want to laugh, but you can't laugh at a train wreck, so I won't laugh at a philosophical one. Forgetting that we do not need a God even though many of us still choose to have one, to assert that the divine Creator is micromanaging the US economy, in effect creating carrots and sticks for his own entertainment, is not only laughably stupid, but blasphemous as well. Let me understand this. God is engaging in some form of mental masturbation by manipulating his biological creations. First he creates a boom to see how we react. Then a bust to punish us for not reacting correctly. So mankind is now basically Lincoln Logs for the Creator's enjoyment. This, ladies and gentlemen, is a mind on crack. Or a mind on religious determinism. No difference really.First of all, when God was invented by man, certain rules were set up. Number one rule: One cannot know the will of God. Absolutely necessary to explain away the injustices, the plagues, the origin of the universe, and the random nature of disaster and destruction. If you break that rule, well, you just can't break that rule. It's immutable. It's the foundation of all religion and is absolutely critical for the healthy growth of tyranny. You have indirectly presumed to know the will of God by being "stopped in your tracks" by the throwaway uttered by that heathen coworker. And in the great tradition of compounding errors, you have posted your interpretation of His will on the Internet. If His micromanagement descends to the level of monitoring individual forum posts, your handle may have already become your destiny.
Wow...should this be in the religious thread?God gives us free will and isn't directly involved in each and every move me make. (IMO)But if Obama wins.... I'm Canadian in the morning.
Hahaha...gtfo...Not on my watch, buddy :-)...er...God willing.
This post is so silly that I want to laugh, but you can't laugh at a train wreck, so I won't laugh at a philosophical one. Forgetting that we do not need a God even though many of us still choose to have one, to assert that the divine Creator is micromanaging the US economy, in effect creating carrots and sticks for his own entertainment, is not only laughably stupid, but blasphemous as well. Let me understand this. God is engaging in some form of mental masturbation by manipulating his biological creations. First he creates a boom to see how we react. Then a bust to punish us for not reacting correctly. So mankind is now basically Lincoln Logs for the Creator's enjoyment. This, ladies and gentlemen, is a mind on crack. Or a mind on religious determinism. No difference really.First of all, when God was invented by man, certain rules were set up. Number one rule: One cannot know the will of God. Absolutely necessary to explain away the injustices, the plagues, the origin of the universe, and the random nature of disaster and destruction. If you break that rule, well, you just can't break that rule. It's immutable. It's the foundation of all religion and is absolutely critical for the healthy growth of tyranny. You have indirectly presumed to know the will of God by being "stopped in your tracks" by the throwaway uttered by that heathen coworker. And in the great tradition of compounding errors, you have posted your interpretation of His will on the Internet. If His micromanagement descends to the level of monitoring individual forum posts, your handle may have already become your destiny.
wow. i would have said it more... politely, but hey, neretva and i finally agree on something^^and what if we're in reallity just pawns in a game of higher entities? God vs. Q in a game of Universe Chess... s002.gif
I'm not a Christian, but i thought that was the official party line? Actually, why do Christians pray at all, given Gods apparent lack of interaction?
I'm not a Christian, but i thought that was the official party line? Actually, why do Christians pray at all, given Gods apparent lack of interaction?
To understand what can't be understood right now, that while his will might not be mine that I can accept whatever it is that happens. God interacts all the time, just not quite how I would want him to. Most of you will not even come close to getting this, so far BG is the only one who sees through the eyes of the wise. See, the thing is we know Obama is crap, his policies lead to job loss and more government dependence, now I have to figure out why in the world God would want that? Why would he want to take away freedom on some levels? One possible conclusion is that we were just assholes with it, that we took that freedom and corrupted it. I don't have to always like what God does but I do have to try and understand it.
One can ascertain Gods will when one knows God. In short, you can "get it." Figuring out Satan is even easier. You actually do a great job of painting a picture of exactly why God just might turn his back on his peeps for awhile.

So, what is God's reasoning for the genocides in Africa? Were they just assholes too? Took their starvation/disease for granted?

So, what is God's reasoning for the genocides in Africa? Were they just assholes too? Took their starvation/disease for granted?
non-christian heathens, obv. If god liked them so much, he wouldn't have made them black.