Yeah , i am going busto. Slowly but steadily. just FYI
I used to make these threads over a year ago, its better just to not say anything. Just post something when you go robusto

I went busto because MTT's are too fkn hard with all the donks, variance and suckouts. Maybe it's time to toss everything I thought I knew about poker out the window and just play like a freakin' moron.

Yeah , i am going busto. Slowly but steadily. just FYI
I can't avoid four-flushes on the river with the $ in on the turn as well as a series of oversets. I just expect an overset when I have a set now. Chalk it like ... 15 buyins down. It's ridiculous. Anyone who thinks there are no swings in the game ... you run good. So Bud, what's your problem, other than PLO?
So Bud, what's your problem, other than PLO?
This question made me think for a while and i couldn't find a real one to be honest.I had a great summer both poker and lifewise.I graduated from university 2 months ago.I booked a Latvia , Estonia and Finland trip for 6 days next month with poker winnings.I paid the course fee for 8 months starting from 28th January in Barcelona yesterday with poker winnings again.My goal was to grind as much as i can untill 28th january so i don't have to take money from family or get a job there cus i want to keep playing there as well so i need to save a couple of month's expenses before i go.I am used to playing with a very big roll. Cus of the expenses above i had to withdraw more than half of it now and i feel pretty uncomfortable with only 45 buyins. Running bad doesn't help either. If it goes like this i will have to drop down to $50 and i can never save any money at that level. So this is all i guess. And as you may guess i was a bit drunk when i opened this thread lol
. If it goes like this i will have to drop down to $50 and i can never save any money at that level.
If you can beat a higher game, you should be able to beat $50. ****That being said, I'm going to caveat that a little. Just a note about games and online poker in general.Personally, I think online NLHE $100 is about the worst game going. Lots of good players grinding stiffen the games up. Action is pretty severely limited and the fish get chewed up fast. And the rake is still a fair chunk of profit. And when you do beat the game, you still only get a few BBs and it doesn't amount to much.That, and players accumulate SO MUCH data on you that you have to continually evolve your game AND RUN GOOD to stay ahead.
Actually i play $100 PLO and i find those games pretty soft.NLHE is a game i want to learn but i get bored everytime i start playing it.
Try HU NLHE... It appeals to us action craving PLO junkies.
Try HU NLHE... It appeals to us action craving PLO junkies.
I have been playing some HU NLHe lately. bdc30 is helping me a lot learning that game. It seems like a fun game too so far

Bud how many tables do you play at once maybe you're bored with NLHE cuz you don't play enough tables.

Send it to the Terrorists.Seriously though - don't play drunk, don't play scared. Sounds to me like your life has changed recently, that means your game may have changed too. Mindset is so important to me. If I feel like I need a win - then I lose. If I expect to lose - then I lose. Clear your head and your game will follow.Taks some time off and then find an "Old Faithful" table, limit, or opponent - some situation where you can be confident and get ahead and then STOP. Walk away, even if you do a hit & run, just book a win of ANY size. That is what I do to stop my streaks and start a new streak from a psychological point of view.Good luck!

Bud how many tables do you play at once maybe you're bored with NLHE cuz you don't play enough tables.
I usually play only 2 or 3 when i play which is quite rare tbh. I think NLHE is a lot easier to multi table than PLO. I just can't find many interesting spots in NLHE. Also i can't see myself grinding NLHE. It will probably stay as a change of pace game for me except the live play since noone really wants to play PLO live.
Send it to the Terrorists.Seriously though - don't play drunk, don't play scared. Sounds to me like your life has changed recently, that means your game may have changed too. Mindset is so important to me. If I feel like I need a win - then I lose. If I expect to lose - then I lose. Clear your head and your game will follow.Taks some time off and then find an "Old Faithful" table, limit, or opponent - some situation where you can be confident and get ahead and then STOP. Walk away, even if you do a hit & run, just book a win of ANY size. That is what I do to stop my streaks and start a new streak from a psychological point of view.Good luck!
I agree with booking a win part. It is probably not the best strategy but while lacking confidence and running bad it sure helps a lot physcologically.It took a bit more than 2 years but we finally agree on something.
I usually play only 2 or 3 when i play which is quite rare tbh. I think NLHE is a lot easier to multi table than PLO. I just can't find many interesting spots in NLHE. Also i can't see myself grinding NLHE. It will probably stay as a change of pace game for me except the live play since noone really wants to play PLO live.I agree with booking a win part. It is probably not the best strategy but while lacking confidence and running bad it sure helps a lot physcologically.It took a bit more than 2 years but we finally agree on something.
I'm like wine - I've mellowed a little with age.
Hmmn - this approach is appealing. Last Thursday, win 780, roll is 999. 2 4 buck stakaments, 991. cash out 491 (whew). 500. play 11 rebuy and bust when kk crushed by qj. 480. Sit down playing 1/2, go on tilt, down to 340 rally back to 435. Play 11 rebuy, donk out, 415. Sit down with "just 15" get bad beat, tilt pull out who roll, donk it down to 250. Play 11 rebuy, donk out with TJ watching, play 12 180 turbo flame out with a8 vs 22. 212 and declining......The trajectory is remarkably and consistently down. OP - feel ur pain bro.
LOL.I dont practice BR management but at least I don't pretend to know what a true downswing feels like.
You should play more LAG. It's fun, and you get WAY more interesting decisions push with air more often, it really gets the blood pumping while you sweat as the guy times down and folds.
That's what I've seen of some of the hands simo sends me anyway.... :club: