• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd been looking to elope for a while and were just waiting on some issues to get resolved beforehand. Finally, we got the necessary groundwork put together, and found a package deal in Savannah, Georgia that looked pretty good. Looking at the weather on Sunday, we decided that the weather was going to be the best on Tuesday, so we quickly worked out the plans to drive down there (4 hours) on Monday night. We got kind of a late start, but we arrived to find a decent hotel room waiting for us (though they only had double bed rooms =/).The next day, we went across the street to the river and had lunch in a little restaurant and looked around a candy shop before Faye went to get her hair done. We got dressed back at the hotel and headed to the beach on Tybee Island near the lighthouse and fort. The sun was setting prettily opposite the water. Funnily, there was another couple getting married there a little before us. We scouted around for locations and found a nice spot before meeting the officiant and photographer husband-wife team. They brought the flowers, cake, and champagne. Faye made a nice little arrangement of shells by our feet, and we said our vows (I repeated mine in English and French). We decided that to be fair, we weren't going to invite anyone else. After the ceremony, they took a bunch of pictures, which we should get in a few weeks. The only really snag was that the sand gnats were biting like crazy at low tide, but aside from some itchiness, I liked being able to give her something she wanted. (perfect setup)From there, we headed back to Savannah and met my sister. She took some more photos of us around our dinner destination, the Old Pink House. The food was pretty good, and the atmosphere was excellent. We kept having strangers congratulate us and tell us little anecdotes.Calling it a somewhat early evening, we headed back to the hotel. I won't elaborate from there, but you can use your imaginations.Brag: Married; no longer virgin.Beat: The officiant wrote the wrong date on the certificate (he pre-dated from when it was issued), so we're somewhat scrambling to get it fixed.Variance: I'm not sure how many guests will want to come to the public ceremony in March now. (Sorry, NC.)

Calling it a somewhat early evening, we headed back to the hotel. I won't elaborate from there, but you can use your imaginations.
*Barry White music ensues*
We'd been looking to elope for a while and were just waiting on some issues to get resolved beforehand. Finally, we got the necessary groundwork put together, and found a package deal in Savannah, Georgia that looked pretty good. Looking at the weather on Sunday, we decided that the weather was going to be the best on Tuesday, so we quickly worked out the plans to drive down there (4 hours) on Monday night. We got kind of a late start, but we arrived to find a decent hotel room waiting for us (though they only had double bed rooms =/).The next day, we went across the street to the river and had lunch in a little restaurant and looked around a candy shop before Faye went to get her hair done. We got dressed back at the hotel and headed to the beach on Tybee Island near the lighthouse and fort. The sun was setting prettily opposite the water. Funnily, there was another couple getting married there a little before us. We scouted around for locations and found a nice spot before meeting the officiant and photographer husband-wife team. They brought the flowers, cake, and champagne. Faye made a nice little arrangement of shells by our feet, and we said our vows (I repeated mine in English and French). We decided that to be fair, we weren't going to invite anyone else. After the ceremony, they took a bunch of pictures, which we should get in a few weeks. The only really snag was that the sand gnats were biting like crazy at low tide, but aside from some itchiness, I liked being able to give her something she wanted. (perfect setup)From there, we headed back to Savannah and met my sister. She took some more photos of us around our dinner destination, the Old Pink House. The food was pretty good, and the atmosphere was excellent. We kept having strangers congratulate us and tell us little anecdotes.Calling it a somewhat early evening, we headed back to the hotel. I won't elaborate from there, but you can use your imaginations.Brag: Married; no longer virgin.Beat: Sand gnats.Variance: The officiant wrote the wrong date on the certificate (he pre-dated from when it was issued), so we're somewhat scrambling to get it fixed.
Grats again.....My wife took a trip with a GF last weekend for 3 days to Savannah and Tybee, she loves it there.