Thoughts & Prayers For Obama & His Grandmother

Whether you support Obama or McCain this presidential election, I'd like to think that we could all come together with thoughts (for those who don't pray) and prayers (for those who do) for him and his grandmother who is gravely ill. I understand that he's going to Hawaii to be with her for a few days during her illness. Don't know the details however of what her health problems are. I know that we can be pretty heated and fiesty on here but I'd like to think that as human beings we can offer our sympathies to someone going through a personal crisis no matter what our political views.

I don't believe that me thinking and praying would do anything for other people, but I will say that I am always sorry to hear about someone being seriously ill. I heard on the news this morning that Obama has already lost both his parents and he only has 2 grandparents left, so I can understand why it is so significant to him. I think it's great that he is taking time off to visit with her, and I hope she goes peacefully and painlessly when the time comes.

So, this isn't a well timed ploy to gather swing voters?I guess that was my first thought because I think all politicians are full of crap.
Going after that important grieving family vote?He will get support for this though, but it's not a political tactic to go to her bedside. It's purely a family emergency.
Going after that important grieving family vote?He will get support for this though, but it's not a political tactic to go to her bedside. It's purely a family emergency.
All I'm saying is that MOST politicians are always looking for ways to gain on any angle and it wouldn't surprise me if this is all it was two weeks prior to the election.But really only Obabma knows what's in his heart. You can say that is cold and harsh if you want, but it was seriously the first thing that ran across my mind when I saw that article. It really is the fault of shitty politicians over the years for putting that stigma onto themselves.
So, this isn't a well timed ploy to gather swing voters?I guess that was my first thought because I think all politicians are full of crap.
Show some class, this is not a public or political event,If they turned it into a circus like the death of Paul Welstone back in 2002 that would be dispicable, but don't assume they are.
Show some class, this is not a public or political event,If they turned it into a circus like the death of Paul Welstone back in 2002 that would be dispicable, but don't assume they are.
Look, I was merely stating what was on my mind when i saw the article. And BTW it is a public event (whether he wants it to be or not) because the dude is running for the presidency so if he took a world class turd people would be interested.
Look, I was merely stating what was on my mind when i saw the article. And BTW it is a public event (whether he wants it to be or not) because the dude is running for the presidency so if he took a world class turd people would be interested.
Who are you to say he doesn't take a world class turd EVERY DAY??? Ya just don't shit on a man's shit, dude. Not cool. :club:
  • 2 weeks later...
RIP GrandmaIf Obama wins tomorrow, it's sad that she didn't make it to see that day. At least they got to say their goodbyes to each other in person.
This is sad.Prayers and sincere sympathy to the family... :club:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/03/oba...ndma/index.htmlfor those non believers, who thought this was a political moveRIP, Grandma Obamashe will still see you as president
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/03/oba...ndma/index.htmlfor those non believers, who thought this was a political moveRIP, Grandma Obamashe will still see you as president
That was me ... and I still stand by all the things that I said originally in this thread.Having said that .. RIP Grandma Obama
wat
All I'm saying is that MOST politicians are always looking for ways to gain on any angle and it wouldn't surprise me if this is all it was two weeks prior to the election.But really only Obabma knows what's in his heart. You can say that is cold and harsh if you want, but it was seriously the first thing that ran across my mind when I saw that article. It really is the fault of shitty politicians over the years for putting that stigma onto themselves.