Sickest Laydown Ever? Has To Be!

3. Montgomery was involved in a "last shorter" bet involving about 8 people where whoever got knocked out first had to go to Noodles and get lunch for everyone else in the bet, then hand deliver it. The pad thai was delicious. :club: Best. Bet. Ever! BTW, Saul kind of leveled Montgomery there imo, because he knew he was involved in the bet and played a little he knows that I know that he knows with Scott to induce the pretty weak call with a shove. Kevin thought he would have folded to a value bet but likely call a shove and I agree.
That's hilarious.
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, chan and huck are pretty much 1st level players, you're right..Let me ask you a question, then. Why did Huck bet so much? Or rather, what did He think chan had? Chan raised before the flop, checked the flop, checked the turn. Wouldn't his most obvious assumption be then that chan had overcards, like AK AQ? Checking on the flop with an over pair for pot control, I can see that.. but checking an overpair twice is very unorthodox... chan showed a great deal of weakness... so why would huck bet the pot? Perhaps, maybe, because he thought it would look fishy and would be called by ace high? Well, if he thinks chan is capable of calling with ace high, he's going to make that bet with more than a full house.
Yes bc that's what I said, that huck and chan are only first level thinkers. At least you can objectively talk about a subject without changing their words, telling people to stfu, and pretty much be anything other than a low stakes egomaniac.The structure rarely allows people to have room to do anything other than play ABC poker.Hucks not potting 88 here ever, he isn't 100% sure everyone has no pair but he isn't going to bet so much. Yes he can have air and RARELY a worse hand than aces but certainly not more than 1/3 of the time AINEC.Kids are amazed that they wake up to money under their pillow after they lose a tooth, I guess, so to each their own.
Hucks not potting 88 here ever, he isn't 100% sure everyone has no pair but he isn't going to so much. Yes he can have air and RARELY a worse hand than aces but certainly not more than 1/3 of the time AINEC.
If Chan's most obvious hand here is ace high, why did Huck bet pot? if he thinks chan would call a pot bet with ace high, why wouldn't he bet pot with other value bet hands?
How does one person saying its an amazing fold and another saying it's not an amazing fold but it is a great fold turn into an argument?
Are you knew here?Consider the source.Some people will argue over anything.
If Chan's most obvious hand here is ace high, why did Huck bet pot? if he thinks chan would call a pot bet with ace high, why wouldn't he bet pot with other value bet hands?
He doesn't have anything that AA beats besides a bluff. HE BETS THEM ALL ON THE TURN. he bet pot JC he figures chans going to fold Ace high almost all the time anyways so the few times chan does have like AA or someone backed into deuces full he wants the most he can get. It's a no risk situation since his opponents are going to have nothing or the nuts.
He doesn't have anything that AA beats besides a bluff. HE BETS THEM ALL ON THE TURN. he bet pot JC he figures chans going to fold Ace high almost all the time anyways so the few times chan does have like AA or someone backed into deuces full he wants the most he can get. It's a no risk situation since his opponents are going to have nothing or the nuts.
So, you're saying JC made his decision to fold on the river, then, after that bet, and not before it? You did see how fast chan mucks there, right?

Looshle, do you always fold KK? If I bet into you on a board like that, would you fold KK cause you assume I always have a full house or a Jack? I suppose the argument hinges on whether or not Chan would have folded to a flop raise. Judging from the action, it looks like he would've, and that's what makes the fold so stunning. Cunningham's fold, while very good, isn't nearly as impressive 'cause he lost alot of money.

Looshle, do you always fold KK? If I bet into you on a board like that, would you fold KK cause you assume I always have a full house or a Jack? I suppose the argument hinges on whether or not Chan would have folded to a flop raise. Judging from the action, it looks like he would've, and that's what makes the fold so stunning. Cunningham's fold, while very good, isn't nearly as impressive 'cause he lost alot of money.
Yes, Cunningham lost "a lot" of money.But he never put in a single raise post flop, and was still able to fold the river.I can almost guarantee that the majority of players here (including myself) wouldn't have played the hand like Cunningham did. Almost everyone here is going to raise either the flop or the turn, and probably have a very difficult time getting away if re raised.And when comparing the two hands the only point I've been trying to make is that the hand with Chan is much easier to get away from.

IMO given what I know about looshle, if he tells me I'm wrong, then I'm probably wrong. So I'm amending my thinking from Chan made a crazy sick laydown, to Chan made a really good laydown.Mark

IMO given what I know about looshle, if he tells me I'm wrong, then I'm probably wrong. So I'm amending my thinking from Chan made a crazy sick laydown, to Chan made a really good laydown.Mark
and I'll just wait for some sort of hand history that approaches to practice what he preaches.
what could he have done that would make the hand amazing?
That's what I'm wondering. It looks to me like Chan played this hand 100% perfect, based on results, when a lot of people would get in trouble here and lose something more than his initial raise. Sure if you want to say it's not the sickest laydown ever, that's fine. But Chan played the hand perfect, but I guess perfect is only categorized as great and not amazing. I wish I played every hand perfect, regardless if it was only great and not amazing.
and I'll just wait for some sort of hand history that approaches to practice what he preaches.
I'll continue to wait for some sort of proof that proves you have some other type of social interaction that doesn't include being a complete fag on various forums.
Yes, Cunningham lost "a lot" of money.But he never put in a single raise post flop, and was still able to fold the river.I can almost guarantee that the majority of players here (including myself) wouldn't have played the hand like Cunningham did. Almost everyone here is going to raise either the flop or the turn, and probably have a very difficult time getting away if re raised.And when comparing the two hands the only point I've been trying to make is that the hand with Chan is much easier to get away from.
Cunningham lost alot more BB's than Chan did, though. :club: To be fair, his was a slightly dryer board.

1) I never said that it was a sick laydown, rather that it was a sick hand.2) EZ fold at the table, even if Bax and Kevin aren't good friends off the table. Pre-flop it's obv that Kevin has cheese. On the flop Kevin is representing a 4, but since Bax knows where they all are Bax knows that Kevin has either oxygen or a 7. Kevin's folding oxygen on the turn. Not to mention physical tells.