Sickest Laydown Ever? Has To Be!

The $5k on Saturday was pretty bunk. The table I was at was ridic. I played decently imo. I busted Bax with AA>AK, and I saw him play the sickest hand I've ever seen in my life in my opinion. Infinity limpers, Scott Montgomery of the November 9 makes it 400 at 25-50 in the cutoff. I call in the SB, Bax calls in EP, Kevin Saul laughs, almost folds, giggles, shrugs, and calls 350 more in middle position. Flop 447. Check, check, check, Scott bets 700, I fold, Bax calls, Kevin makes it 2100, Scott calls, Kevin calls. Stacks are about 15k effective. Kevin says, after Bax's overcall and before the turn, "You flopped quads Bax." Not a question. A statement. Turn 7. Bax says, "There's somebody else in the hand," and bets 1500. I stand up and start laughing. Kevin looks like he just saw his grandmother naked, and reluctantly calls, and Scott calls. River is another 7, I really LOL, Bax bets 1500, Kevin ships like 10k total, Scott tanks, finally calls, and Bax *snap* mucks 44 face up. I bet that in the history in NLHE tournament poker nobody has ever flopped quads and then bet/folded the river

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The $5k on Saturday was pretty bunk. The table I was at was ridic. I played decently imo. I busted Bax with AA>AK, and I saw him play the sickest hand I've ever seen in my life in my opinion. Infinity limpers, Scott Montgomery of the November 9 makes it 400 at 25-50 in the cutoff. I call in the SB, Bax calls in EP, Kevin Saul laughs, almost folds, giggles, shrugs, and calls 350 more in middle position. Flop 447. Check, check, check, Scott bets 700, I fold, Bax calls, Kevin makes it 2100, Scott calls, Kevin calls. Stacks are about 15k effective. Kevin says, after Bax's overcall and before the turn, "You flopped quads Bax." Not a question. A statement. Turn 7. Bax says, "There's somebody else in the hand," and bets 1500. I stand up and start laughing. Kevin looks like he just saw his grandmother naked, and reluctantly calls, and Scott calls. River is another 7, I really LOL, Bax bets 1500, Kevin ships like 10k total, Scott tanks, finally calls, and Bax *snap* mucks 44 face up. I bet that in the history in NLHE tournament poker nobody has ever flopped quads and then bet/folded the river
Probably because 999 times outta 1000, quads is either the nuts, or VERY hard to beat. bet/folding there after that action is not so sick. If the board was just 4477x on something like that, then yeah sick fold. But not so hard when a simple 7 crushes you, and with two players allin, if you call you are hoping that they just have overpairs.
Probably because 999 times outta 1000, quads is either the nuts, or VERY hard to beat. bet/folding there after that action is not so sick. If the board was just 4477x on something like that, then yeah sick fold. But not so hard when a simple 7 crushes you, and with two players allin, if you call you are hoping that they just have overpairs.
not sure what you mean--- a "simple" seven does not crush quads? are you talking about a "simple" seven on the river--- very confusing because the case seven is not simple.
not sure what you mean--- a "simple" seven does not crush quads? are you talking about a "simple" seven on the river--- very confusing because the case seven is not simple.
When the board reads 44777, a simple 7 "crushes" flopped quad folds.It is not a "ZOMGSICK laydown"
link?
It's not even that it was that big of pot, or for that much money.. it's that he was convinced he was outflopped by seed on a JJ6 board, refused to ever bet, and refused to pay off a small river bet. And it's not like he thought about it, he insta mucked on the river. It's almost suspicious the way it goes down, like the cards are marked. He had so very little information from the bets.. it was like a 100 percent physical tell read.
link?
Went something like this: johnny raises /w AA PF and huck calls (out of the blinds i think?) with a non-pair. There was also a 3rd person who open-called johnny's raise (I think it might be Joe Hachem). Huck flops trips. Guy in MP checks, Huck pauses a little bit then checks turning his head to his left to look at johnny, johnny INSTA-CHECKS. Turn it gets checked around to Johnny who insta-checks again. On the river, huck still only has trips. guy in MP checks, huck bets pot, johnny INSTA-FOLDS, guy in MP folds.edit: ok so i was wrong.

Srsly, sickest laydown ever? He bet the river, got raised all-in and then called by someone else.... Not really that tough to figure out someone has the 7. Especially when the guy knows you flop quad's and tells it to you.Then keeps betting.

I think this is a pretty standard fold tbh. AA is the third nuts here like, so what can villains have? AA and KK? No way they play AA and KK like that on river. Quads is quads, but this is not a wow fold.EDIT: actually, this is an incredibly easy fold. Come on, it's simple. I'm not one to instantly diss great plays, but seriously, this is a very, very, standard fold.

Sure it is, it is a single seven. Its not look his opponent has to have two specific cards to have him beat. They just need one, and with two players already allin, they could easily have it.
I hear Phil Hellmuth mucked QQ to a single raise preflop. The guy reads souls for a living.
Its on youtube somewhere in very poor quality. It was a PAD that put like 5 pros against 1 amateur. The amateur raised in the CO with AQss, and Phil(would only have like 15BBs left) tanked forever and mucked.edit-
There you go. Like i said poor quality, the audio is about 4-5 seconds ahead of the video.
It's not even that it was that big of pot, or for that much money.. it's that he was convinced he was outflopped by seed on a JJ6 board, refused to ever bet, and refused to pay off a small river bet. And it's not like he thought about it, he insta mucked on the river. It's almost suspicious the way it goes down, like the cards are marked. He had so very little information from the bets.. it was like a 100 percent physical tell read.
that is an incredible fold. It's true what Ali says "This is poker played at it's highest level"