What Books Are You Guys Reading?

I happen to agree. The only reason The Road is being made into a movie is the success of No Country for Old Men. I'm going to withhold judgment until I read the script. I will inevitably end up seeing it out of curiosity. I have always liked Viggo Mortensen, so I'm not horrified just yet. I am not familiar with the writer (Joe Penhall) or the director (John Hillcoat) (though he has done some work with Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, which is encouraging for some reason). They're expanding the role of The Wife (played by Charlzie Theron) which is kinda scary. Duvall and Guy Pearce also have roles. I love Duvall, and don't mind Pearce, so it might turn out okay.They filmed much of it in post-Katrina New Orleans and Pittsburgh (because it is a post-apocalyptic shithole?), and aren't using much CGI.All that info is from wikipedia, so take with salt cubes.Wang

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's fun to look up that race and see how they all turned out.

I finally started reading Moneyball yesterday. I'm about halfway through and so far it's great. I'm really happy I'm finally reading it.   It's fun to insta lookup all the players they talk about

Done and done. Man, that was epic.

Just finished Vince Flynn's Extreme MeasuresGreat book, started reading it at 6 didn't stop till it was finished at midnightHis whole series is really good stuff.Also reading the story of The Bloody 100th airgroup of the 8th airforce in WW2 writen by a navigator, another amazing book of American heroism

I thought American Psycho was just a movie. Wow, I'm naive... Maybe SuitedAces or BigD can ship it to me once they finish reading it. No? Either way, either way is fine. I'd ship it back....just too lazy to buy it...

I thought American Psycho was just a movie. Wow, I'm naive... Maybe SuitedAces or BigD can ship it to me once they finish reading it. No? Either way, either way is fine. I'd ship it back....just too lazy to buy it...
you're too lazy to buy it ,but not to lazy to ship it back? seems doubtful.
pm your address and i'll ship you a little something that i know you'll love.
Definitely, plus its probably cheaper just to have to ship it instead of buying it. Your call sir.
Oh, it's cheaper than having to buy it. I hadn't thought of that. Well my call is this. Since, unless you are someone's "alt", I have absolutely no idea who you are, I am in no way inclined to do anything for you whatsoever. I know who suited aces is (well, at least am familiar with his forum work). I'm even moderately amused by him. And yet, I still doubt I would ship him my copy of American Psycho ( not that he would want it's cum stained pages). So, there's just no chance I'm shipping it to a stranger. Hope you understand. Learn to library, you cheap fuck.
Definitely, plus its probably cheaper just to have to ship it instead of buying it. Your call sir.
Seriously? A paperback is what $5.99? How much is shipping going to be $4-5 at the post office, more if its FedEx or UPS. I think you need to re-evaluate your position here.On a different note Book Three of the Inheritance Triolgy (Alegasia) series is out, it's called Brisinger and it's been extended to 4 books (for now) instead of three.I thought the first two books were good, I really enjoyed the story and thought they were written fantastically well by someone who was so young when he started the series. Eragon the movie, however, was a giant pile of crap.I will wait until its not $40 to buy a first edition that I don't care about, or borrow it from my buddy.
Seriously? A paperback is what $5.99? How much is shipping going to be $4-5 at the post office, more if its FedEx or UPS. I think you need to re-evaluate your position here.
New at a bookstore it's probably a lil more than that, but you could get it used from amazon, delivered to your door, for like 99 cents plus shipping or something ( also, shipping wouldn't be 4-5 bucks, books have a special rate on the USPS, it's much cheaper, probably 2 bucks). He just wants to steal it from me, and have me pay for the privilege of having it stolen. If you want to steal it, steal it from Barnes and noble, it's easy and you won't get belittled doing it.
Oh, it's cheaper than having to buy it. I hadn't thought of that. Well my call is this. Since, unless you are someone's "alt", I have absolutely no idea who you are, I am in no way inclined to do anything for you whatsoever. I know who suited aces is (well, at least am familiar with his forum work). I'm even moderately amused by him. And yet, I still doubt I would ship him my copy of American Psycho ( not that he would want it's cum stained pages). So, there's just no chance I'm shipping it to a stranger. Hope you understand. Learn to library, you cheap fuck.
Alright, fair enough. I just read a few people exchanging books and things on the forum so I thought I'd give it a shot. Really, I didn't mean anything by it like you seem to be taking it. I understand and I apologize if I offended you.

Haha, I wouldn't steal it. The cheapest you can get books on amazon is .01 + 3.99 shipping. It's really not a big deal guys. I thought it was something you guys did, but I do realize I'm a complete unknown on here. And it is true, I am a cheap f*ck.

Alright, fair enough. I just read a few people exchanging books and things on the forum so I thought I'd give it a shot. Really, I didn't mean anything by it like you seem to be taking it. I understand and I apologize if I offended you.
Don't mind me, I'm just surly. I do hope you enjoy the book, because it's extremely excellent, one of the true masterpieces of post modern lit.
Thank you. By my post count, you can tell I'm a little new to the whole posting part of the forum. I just gotta figure out how things work a little around here. It was nice being flamed for the first time though...
first thing you need to do is befriend a poster known as "HollywoodAFD". Next to Daniel himself, Hollywood aka Scott Roland, professional stuntman, is the most famous person on the site. And the coolest.
I'm familiar with the famous Hollywood. I believe he posts in the sad, sad, Dallas Cowboys thread that I frequent...
great guy, a renaissance man, if you will. good family man. beautiful daughters, rapier wit. the guys got it all.