Nonsense. I fully believe in taxation. Voluntary taxation. Under a voluntary system of taxation I would be happy to pay 20-25% total for taxes to underwrite various programs. Programs which I should be able to pick for myself. I might even go for some altruism, if I choose. However I would be free NOT to fund any activity that I deemed to be detrimental to the survival of a moral society. Like ACORN, among a billion others. I want a line-item veto for any taxes that I pay. In fact, that might be a first step towards voluntary taxation, a concept which is too radically sensible for anyone to imagine at the present time. We'll keep the insane compulsory tax system we have now, but with a line item veto where we could decide what we don't want to pay for based on our own judgement of what is good for society.Could you ever conceive of liberals going for THAT? Power to the People! The Citizens Line Item Veto Act of 2009: "Each citizen may direct that his income, sales, and property taxes NOT be used for any law or appropriation that he feels is immoral or destructive to American society or its future." As for public schools, I do not believe in them. They are nothing more than a babysitting and indoctrination service. The quality of today's high school graduate is not to be believed. Unable to think. Unable to assess. Unable to express. Unable to problem solve. Unable to even intelligently apply for the proper handouts. Disgracia! The fact that favoring totally private education is considered "extremism" is a testament to the powers of indoctrination. No one can even conceive of not having public schools because they are so interwoven into our social psychology. However, there is no rational reason to expect the government to educate the population. Parents should accept that responsibility. And should be responsible for paying for it. Good parents do that even now, paying for proper education while at the same time paying property taxes to 1/3-educate someone elses little imbeciles, because they themselves are too busy working at a job that does not pay enough to allow for raising kids.But hey, having kids is a "right". Right? So what if you can't afford it. Love is all you need. Under the Citizens Line-Item Veto Act of 2009, I could elect NOT to fund public schools. Power to the People. I'm a liberal.
Lol you'd fit right in with the Freemen Militia in Darby MT. Unless of course, you weren't white.
  • 1 year later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's similar to a sovereign default situation: we're not going to invade venezuela to right this wrong. firms will simply think twice before committing to anything in venezuela.this happened to exxon mobil in 2007 iirc. bush did nothing.