Double Or Nothing -- Cooler On The Bubble?

All the short stacks doubled up leaving the table with six people with similar stacks. Villain has been playing competently, but my read is not strong as I was distracting myself with other stuff (mistake, of course). Flop I make a value bet thinking I'm ahead but unsure of where the opponent was. On the turn I still felt I was ahead given Villain's line and went to end the pot right here, which should give me enough chips to finish in the top half.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00+$0.10 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds 15 Ante (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com569926.pngMP (t2420)CO (t2085)Button (t2190)SB (t3445)Hero (BB) (t2600)UTG (t2260)Hero's M: 8.25Preflop: Hero is BB with A :D, 10 :D4 folds, SB calls t75, Hero raises to t500, SB calls t350Flop: (t1090) 10 :D, 10 :club:, Q :4h(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets t550, SB calls t550Turn: (t2190) K :ts(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets t1535 (All-In), SB calls t1535River: (t5260) 6 :5c(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: t5260Results in Spoiler:

Hero 10x10xVillain 9xJx

Are you kidding bro? You got unlucky. He calls with worse tens (JT/T9), queens and tens, kings and tens (supposing he had KJ), and the odd pocket pair that can't find the fold button. How do we know he calls with worse? Because he's terrible, as evidenced by his line here.

Are you kidding bro? You got unlucky. He calls with worse tens (JT/T9), queens and tens, kings and tens (supposing he had KJ), and the odd pocket pair that can't find the fold button. How do we know he calls with worse? Because he's terrible, as evidenced by his line here.

No, he is not going to fold when it's 150 to call a preflop raise with 540 in the pot. If you minraise here from the BB, it's to build the pot.Jam the flop.If you're going to play with this stack (less than 20 BB) at this point, you either get it all in pre or get it all in on the flop (preferably the latter when blind vs blind and the SB limps), especially when you flop trips. Don't give a drawing hand a chance to draw out without paying full price.

No, he is not going to fold when it's 150 to call a preflop raise with 540 in the pot. If you minraise here from the BB, it's to build the pot.
All right, so raise to 400. I still think 500 is unnecessarily large. Bloating the pot with Hero's stack will make it tougher to play postflop, unless he hits big (which he did).

I would either raise enough preflop that you're committing to shoving on the flop, or keep the pot smaller so you don't kill yourself by getting check/raised when you miss. I don't like the PF raise size as its right in the middle, and makes the pot difficult to play post flop imo.This is one of those spots when I don't mind putting in a really big raise preflop just to get him to toss it. As you're on the bubble, let someone else get coolered while you pick up some blinds like this without confrontation.