Anyone watch the premiere? I enjoyed it, although everything happened kind of fast. Lots of questions going forward, but it seems like they'll be answered in reasonable time. Anyone see the original UK version of the show?

• 4 months later...
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800074...yid=14&cs=1Just when I really started enjoying the show........just as CBS did with Swingtown, another great show.ABC cancels 'Life on Mars'Show allowed to sign off with a proper finaleBy MICHAEL SCHNEIDERABC has decided to end the show after a single year -- but in an unusual move, the net will keep the show on the air through the end of its full run.That will give the series a rare opportunity to sign off with a proper finale, wrapping up the series' core mystery.Network insiders said they were fans of the show and pleased with its creative chops -- but that the ratings ultimately didn't warrant a second season. The most recent seg of "Life on Mars" averaged just a 2.0 rating/5 share among adults 18-49, as well as 5.5 million viewers.Five more episodes of "Life on Mars" remain out of the series' 17-episode order. As previously announced, the show's Wednesday 10 p.m. slot will go to newcomer "The Unusuals" in April.Based on the BBC series of the same name, "Life on Mars" centers on a cop who suddenly, mysteriously finds himself transported back to the 1970s, where the rules are dramatically different. Twentieth Century Fox TV and ABC Studios produce.Showrunners Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec and Scott Rosenberg aren't traveling far: They have the Alphabet pilot "Happy Town" in the works."Life on Mars" stars Jason O'Mara, Gretchen Mol, Harvey Keitel, Michael Imperioli and Jonathan Murphy.Originally developed and shot in 2007 under David E. Kelley, the show was redeveloped and reshot after Kelley departed. Under the new showrunners, just O'Mara was kept from the original cast; it was also retooled to better reflect the U.K. original.Beyond Appelbaum, Nemec and Rosenberg, exec producers include Stephen Garrett and Jane Featherstone. Kudos Film & TV, which originated the show in the U.K., is also a producer

what a downer. I really really like this show; it's a staple of my lineup. I wonder how they will wrap this up in a month. I hope the explanation of Project Aries is good.

what a downer. I really really like this show; it's a staple of my lineup. I wonder how they will wrap this up in a month. I hope the explanation of Project Aries is good.
They said they will give all the answers in the last few episodes....Probably the Dharma Initiative. :club:
  • 4 weeks later...
Strange series finale. I guess they had to make something up quick...but spacemen? Wonder if that was the ending to the original British show?
Never saw the original although I heard it was better.I didn't like the finale; well the end. Pretty unsatisfying. I wonder if that was going to be the ending if the show had not been canceled - I sure hope not.