• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How is this:  

Torts = Genious?

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown 19m I'd hate to be the HR person in charge of doing John Tortorella's exit interview.

I love Tortorella.

Scotty Bowman wasn't the most likable coach either. Their styles are harsh so they're going to rub some people the wrong way. They don't care if you like them, they just want you to do what they ask you to do. I would imagine things can get pretty tense when the player doesn't do what is asked of him. As Bowman once said, you can't be a coach and a buddy at the same time.

Torts = Genious?

If you thought he was an idiot after winning the Cup with Tampa, then you were one of a very very few. He got a lot of the credit for that win, though Im not gonna assume to know how much he actually deserved. (just like I dont really know how much any coach deserves, and I dont think any of you guys do either, sorry)

I think your kind of letting his public personna dictate what we should think of him.

Also, this is the same coach that was in the final four last year.

I think he's a good coach. I dont know if he's an amazing one, but I think he's smart, and in many times in his career, has been able to get the most out of many players.

Like Dale said, if some guys are being rubbed the wrong way, its usually cause they wont try and do what he asks. He's the coach. You're the player. Shut up and play.

If you thought he was an idiot after winning the Cup with Tampa, then you were one of a very very few. He got a lot of the credit for that win, though Im not gonna assume to know how much he actually deserved. (just like I dont really know how much any coach deserves, and I dont think any of you guys do either, sorry)

I think your kind of letting his public personna dictate what we should think of him.

Also, this is the same coach that was in the final four last year.

I think he's a good coach. I dont know if he's an amazing one, but I think he's smart, and in many times in his career, has been able to get the most out of many players.

LOL? All I know he's the antithesis of fantasy hockey and that consensus is that he's a good coach with a short shelf life.

Ya. I have commented that the Habs logo looks like a toilet. Hadn't heard that about the Bruins

Yeah serge used a proxy. Has he even figured out how to post a picture yet? ;)

How is this: :icon_smile:

252698_10150190975341134_6615116_n.jpg

• Like 3

Torts has been fired..Inevitable I guess...

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown 19m

I'd hate to be the HR person in charge of doing John Tortorella's exit interview.

• Like 1

IMHO; another case (like Vancouver) where it's the GM should fired before the coach.

A lot of people think that's the case in Buffalo as well, but I happen not to be one of them. I think Darcy has done a superb job the past few years since Pegula took over. It's on the coach to get the most out of the pieces he's given, and there's no reason the pieces that made up the Rangers shouldn't have been more successful.

A lot of people think that's the case in Buffalo as well, but I happen not to be one of them. I think Darcy has done a superb job the past few years since Pegula took over. It's on the coach to get the most out of the pieces he's given, and there's no reason the pieces that made up the Rangers shouldn't have been more successful.

I tend to disagree. The gms are the ones that made those terrible signings.

I tend to disagree. The gms are the ones that made those terrible signings.

Which terrible signings? I'm aware of only one really bad contract, and that's Leino who will be no-harm-no-fouled this summer.

Wasn't just pointing out sabres. Grouping Richards in there.

The Richards contract is terrible. Sure with the new rules they can get away easier but also can get Royally screwed in the end.

It's not even the cap hit. By paying someone that money you are putting pressure on the coach. I'm sure Sather said we paid this guy $24 million (prorated lockout) last two years and you are playing on the 4th line.

If I'm torts. I come back with " we'll you stupid cigar chomping moron, you paid him that money. Not me