Anyone Else Play Nes Games?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I know Scram, and believe me, we're basically best friends, he was definitely talking about how much it's increased in value and he's kicking himself for not pulling the trigger when it was 5x less

The money. They're like $6-7K now. Could've bought one for $700 and again at $900.   For the most part, we're looking at 5X-10X increases across the board on everything scarce. Perhaps all those go

I noticed some games have three screws that you need a special tool to open up and others have five screws that you can just use a small screw driver. I looked it up and I guess the five screw games were the early games release before nintendo figured it was cheaper to just use three screws and the clamps on top. I was wondering if you try to get both for a copy of the early games. I actually just got two zeldas and one had three screws and one had 5.

• 7 months later...

We used to play Super Tecmo Bowl late night during college all the time. You have to turn on season mode so the players can be at different levels in terms of how they are playing (try covering Jerry Rice when he is on very good mode). Then you have to pick teams by facing away from the screen and holding the down button. Nothing beats random matchups. It was considered a great badge of honor to pull a huge upset (I once beat my buddy with the Patriots against the Giants. A classic Tecmo moment.)I miss college.

nest3435545.jpg
Seriously? Tassels, brass nails, low back, arm covers and a gross mauve color(?).For an ex-con racist anti-intellectual with varied interests including pop culture collectibles, stolen native american artifacts and queer antiquing trips, your couch is truly disappointing. I'm all about function over fashion and it may be the most comfortable sitting repository you could find for your larger than average ass but it's a visual abomination. I guess I'm trying to say that's one ugly fucking couch dude. The NES games strategically placed under the cushions is a nice touch. Keep this out of the Couch Thread faggot.
FYP

"Larger than average ass" is the operative term.That sofa was a ****ing beast. Considering that 90% of living room furniture would be demolished in a week of me plopping down on it, that thing never let out nigh a creek or whisper of strain.

Any good pick ups? I'm not up to about 500 games. Nothing crazy rare though. I also started with atari and I got the sega master system.
Sega is a must.A few, mostly filling insignificant holes. I seem to go in short, hardcore bursts with NES, but I'd like to wrap up the collection and get complete in the next couple years. I feel there is potential there for working games to get more expensive.

I saw this thread bumped last week and dug up my little collection.I have the following NES games:Silent ServiceTechmo Super BowlSuper Mario Bros./Duck HuntDragon WarriorLegend of Zelda (gold cartridge)Super Spike V'BallFinal FantasyMega Man 2The Magic of Scheherazade

• 1 year later...

Any good pick ups lately. Since I started when this topic was created I'm up over 400 games. My most recent pick up was tetris and dr Mario unopened. mega man 6 and Final Fantasy in box and carts still in the plastic. This was part of a package someone was selling on craigslist. It included 18 other games and a nes top loader and snes for $50. I still haven't picked up an ultra ultra rare game. Best pick up still is TMNT Tournament for $5.

Whalers: do you do most of your hunting in the wild, or on ebay?Since this thread was started, many of the scarcer titles have doubled in value.My own collecting pattern travels backwards, from scarcest and most valuable to most common and least valuable- this takes a lot of the heat off the collection in terms of rising prices due to increasing interest. Did add another BB2 and have been focusing on boxes a bit more.Picked up Dragon Warrior 2 @ and Black Bass at a garage sale in Indiana for $2 a pop.

Also, check out this sitehttp://www.videogamepricecharts.com/console/nesIt *strongly* influenced my buying patterns a couple years back, since it quantifies the market pretty well and exposes the 'gaps' in the older rarity guides that determined so much pricing years ago. I haven't checked it out in a while and apparently, they've gone to some sort of premium model with some of the data metrics reserved, but even the free info still available is pretty good.

Most of my hunting is done in the wild. It helps my friend owns a pawn shop because he calls me whenever someone comes in with older video games. Graigslist has also been pretty good. Ebay is fun to look but prices get up there...sometimes I got a few games buy it now when it was newly listed. THanks for the links!

• 1 month later...

I've been really addicted to SNES games for awhile. They're pretty much the only games I play - on an emulator but with a controller plugged in. I figured this was the right thread to discuss it. Games I've enjoyed over the last year that I hadn't played since I was a child or had never played at all:- Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island- A Link To The Past- Donkey Kong I and II- All three Star Wars games- Secret of Mana, never played it before, it was excellent- Currently on Final Fantasy VI (also known as Final Fantasy III). I'd never played it before, knew almost nothing about it, and I'm only about 5 hours in but it's astoundingly good. Lives up to the hype.

I've been really addicted to SNES games for awhile. They're pretty much the only games I play - on an emulator but with a controller plugged in. I figured this was the right thread to discuss it. Games I've enjoyed over the last year that I hadn't played since I was a child or had never played at all:- Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island- A Link To The Past- Donkey Kong I and II- All three Star Wars games- Secret of Mana, never played it before, it was excellent- Currently on Final Fantasy VI (also known as Final Fantasy III). I'd never played it before, knew almost nothing about it, and I'm only about 5 hours in but it's astoundingly good. Lives up to the hype.
Good game...
my favorite SNES game. ever. great pick!
  • 1 year later...

Starting to slowly take a bit of money off the table, as far as certain rare carts that I have doubles and triples of.To put it mildly, since this thread was originally posted in 2008, these have outperformed the piss out of any given index fund. Here's an up to date historic price chart on one game I was regularly buying for $20-30 in 06-08vgpc.jpgMost of the rare carts track about like that, ergo the advice in 08 to buy the rare carts first. If you did that, you're enjoying handsome gains right about now. I still think there's a lot of headroom, but I can't pass up big-big profits like this.

There's a site that tracks the price of old games?

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (AmScray @ Sunday, October 19th, 2008, 4:44 PM)Yuo wouldn't be making a mistake buying that Cheetahmen II, either. It's in the $250 range with 15 minutes left, but it will close higher. I'm guessing $350 range since it has box and every hardcore complete cart collector knows that a Cheetahmen in box is insanely scarce.
Closed @ $325, I would bet my nutsack that the winning bidders proxy was either 350.99 (if he sucked), 351.99 (if he was remotely experienced) or $361.99 (if he had defensive proxy skills) .
This is what I'm talking about.2008, $325.2012, $1500.http://cgi.ebay.com/...cvip=true&rt=ncI told you stupid monkeys, but only Whalers listened.