*****official Carolina Hurricanes Thread*****

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will indeed bring my A game tonight my friend.   My A game consists of:   6:30pm: Get home, have dinner 6:55pm: Set up the IPad/bigscreen/laying on the couch like a lazy piece of sh*t design mo

Hurricanes taking applications for general manager job through Twitter   https://www.nhl.com/...0?tid=281396148     Those of you in the AHL, I will be using you guys as references, thanks! (And

Did Tlusty bring his own erotic photos?

What are the odds that you can book from Ottawa, and just show up in Toronto for your connection? LOL
If you don't show up for any part of a plane ticket, it's void.

I live basically right in between Raleigh and Pittsburgh so when I get back stateside a week from Friday I assume it'll be around game 3 and I'm going to make an effort to get to one of these games hopefully.

Zach, consider me probably out for this game. At this point, I see nothing flight wise. And too damn lazy to drive 5 hours anyway! If you get the tickets, Im gonna kick myself I think. Next question: If this game goes 6 or 7 games.......where are we watching them? ESPN Sportszone? :club: 2009 EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS SERIES M #4 vs. #6 Network Monday, May 18 at Pittsburgh Thursday, May 21 at Pittsburgh Saturday, May 23 at Carolina Tuesday, May 26 at Carolina * Friday, May 29 at Pittsburgh * Sunday, May 31 at Carolina * Tuesday, June 2 at Pittsburgh

****ing game 6 is 100% going to be during the FCP golf outing. I may skip it for the game, though. If it's at night, I'm skipping the poker tourney, then.Definitely ESPN Zone, or just wherever. ****ing basketball playoffs might **** us over, though. We'll have to find somewhere with the games on, anyways.

****ing game 6 is 100% going to be during the FCP golf outing. I may skip it for the game, though. If it's at night, I'm skipping the poker tourney, then.Definitely ESPN Zone, or just wherever. ****ing basketball playoffs might **** us over, though. We'll have to find somewhere with the games on, anyways.
I know, I just realized Im working Game 6!!!! Im setting up my appointments, never considered a game with Carolina, especially afternoon, or even late morning Vegas time!!!!As soon as I find the time of the game, I gotta move some appointments around!

Zach:Flies with connection in Toronto, and ends up in Pittsburgh. Same thing on way back, thru Toronto to Ottawa. Me in Toronto:Same plane, I get on and join him for half the flight time each way. He pays, all in, $355. I pay, all in, $1303. Difference: half the flight time, for $1000 MORE!Seriously, how does Air Canada not go bankrupt?

Zach:Flies with connection in Toronto, and ends up in Pittsburgh. Same thing on way back, thru Toronto to Ottawa.Me in Toronto:Same plane, I get on and join him for half the flight time each way.He pays, all in, $355.I pay, all in, $1303.Difference: half the flight time, for $1000 MORE!Seriously, how does Air Canada not go bankrupt?
They have been close several times:http://www.btnonline.com/businesstravelnew...t_id=1003957282BTW. You guys better hope that there is no NBA game during the hockey in game in Vegas...We were going to watch the Leafs vs Flyers playoff game in ESPN zone(which seems like ages ago) but just because some stupid Lakers vs Pistons final game was on we couldnt even get in to the place, let alone watch it there....Laker fans are annoying IMO..
Zach:Flies with connection in Toronto, and ends up in Pittsburgh. Same thing on way back, thru Toronto to Ottawa. Me in Toronto:Same plane, I get on and join him for half the flight time each way. He pays, all in, $355. I pay, all in, $1303. Difference: half the flight time, for $1000 MORE!Seriously, how does Air Canada not go bankrupt?
Economics 101: the air line industry is set up to charge as much as possibleie: family vacationers are price sensitive but will buy their tickets months in advance.ie: business travelers are less price sensitive but will generally buy their tickets at the last minuteGetting people to pay more than the market clearing equilibrium is what makes them money.
Economics 101: the air line industry is set up to charge as much as possibleie: family vacationers are price sensitive but will buy their tickets months in advance.ie: business travelers are less price sensitive but will generally buy their tickets at the last minuteGetting people to pay more than the market clearing equilibrium is what makes them money.
I have no idea how what you just said has anything to do with my post.You just said things that I would assume EVERYONE knows. If they charged everyone $1300, and I complained about just that, then I'd understand your argument. Now, if your looking to impress me with your Economics degree, explain to me how they make money by charging $300 for one guy in Ottawa to fill up the same plane they want someone in Toronto to fly at for $1300. Obviously, they have some angle for trying to lure in Ottawa customers, but flying half empty planes hasn't exactly proven to be the best course of action for the airline industry, no matter how high the margins.And if your point is that Toronto is all business travellers and Ottawa are all famillies looking to go to the Pens game, I think I'd disagree. Why not try to get Ottawa customers to pay up as well?
They have been close several times:http://www.btnonline.com/businesstravelnew...t_id=1003957282BTW. You guys better hope that there is no NBA game during the hockey in game in Vegas...We were going to watch the Leafs vs Flyers playoff game in ESPN zone(which seems like ages ago) but just because some stupid Lakers vs Pistons final game was on we couldnt even get in to the place, let alone watch it there....Laker fans are annoying IMO..
I actually quite enjoy the Lakers fans. I love being there every June, its basketball crazy, and I love bball.But yeah, it would suck if it hurt hockey viewing.

I am now a huge Carolina Hurricanes fan..They are my team to go all the way to win the Cup...Lets go Eric Staal..Lets go Nascar...Lets go old man who does funny things to his son on national tv.In the words of Ric Flair...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

I am now a huge Carolina Hurricanes fan..They are my team to go all the way to win the Cup...Lets go Eric Staal..Lets go Nascar...Lets go old man who does funny things to his son on national tv.In the words of Ric Flair...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo
And there was much rejoycing in Pens Land.
And there was much rejoycing in Pens Land.
I mean, he really doesn't even have to come out and say it anymore, it's very much assumed he's rooting against the Penguins. The only thing that's proven powerful enough to overturn the serge-curse in the last couple years were the Detroit Red Wings.
I mean, he really doesn't even have to come out and say it anymore, it's very much assumed he's rooting against the Penguins. The only thing that's proven powerful enough to overturn the serge-curse in the last couple years were the Detroit Red Wings.
Yes sir...Only two teams i will cheer for the Penguins against..you know who they are..Curse is over bitches.
And if your point is that Toronto is all business travellers and Ottawa are all famillies looking to go to the Pens game, I think I'd disagree. Why not try to get Ottawa customers to pay up as well?
Did you guys buy your tickets at the same time/set sale?
Did you guys buy your tickets at the same time/set sale?
either you misunderstood, or I explained it very badly.If you look RIGHT NOW, those are the prices. So yes, same time.Not only same time, but I'd be flying ON HIS ACTUAL PLANE, but for half the miles, but more than $1000 cost over his.
either you misunderstood, or I explained it very badly.If you look RIGHT NOW, those are the prices. So yes, same time.Not only same time, but I'd be flying ON HIS ACTUAL PLANE, but for half the miles, but more than $1000 cost over his.
Drive to Buffalo, you'll spend an extra two hours in the car and save a ton of money.
Drive to Buffalo, you'll spend an extra two hours in the car and save a ton of money.
usually, Id agree with you, but doesnt apply to a short drive like Pittsburgh.Last year I saved over $1k in family trip to Florida by going thru Buffalo.....and that was with some decent (relatively speaking) Westjet/Air Canada finds.The number of cars with Ontario license plates at the hotel or airport parking lots in Buffalo are insane.
Oh ah, weird.