Well for the last couple of weeks I have been some of my best poker, but to be honest with you I think I played this hand terrible.27 Players left out of the 4000 runners in the 40k Guaranteed on Pokerstars.Guy Raises 3 1/2 Times the BB from middle position. Now he has been a pretty solid player throughout so I decide to just call him from the BB with KK.FLOPA 3 4I Bet out half the pot and he insta calls. He have AQ, AK?TURN 10I check this time and he checksRIVERQI bet now 3 1/4 of the opot and he shoves.I either had him on AK, AQ or he has gotten a bit mental with 88 99.I fold and he shows the other two Kings.The reasoning behing only calling pre flop, he has been the kind of player that will continuation bet the whole hand.I figuire either no A comes and I will take quite a lot of his chips or the A comes and I lose a little amount but the way the hand felt I couldnt get away from it untill the river.

Well for the last couple of weeks I have been some of my best poker, but to be honest with you I think I played this hand terrible.27 Players left out of the 4000 runners in the 40k Guaranteed on Pokerstars.Guy Raises 3 1/2 Times the BB from middle position. Now he has been a pretty solid player throughout so I decide to just call him from the BB with KK.FLOPA 3 4I Bet out half the pot and he insta calls. He have AQ, AK?TURN 10I check this time and he checksRIVERQI bet now 3 1/4 of the opot and he shoves.I either had him on AK, AQ or he has gotten a bit mental with 88 99.I fold and he shows the other two Kings.The reasoning behind only calling pre flop, he has been the kind of player that will continuation bet the whole hand.I figure either no A comes and I will take quite a lot of his chips or the A comes and I lose a little amount but the way the hand felt I could'nt get away from it until the river.
1. Please post Hand Histories. It's easier to read and it gives people stack sizes which may or may not matter.2. "Now he has been a pretty solid player throughout" and "he has been the kind of player that will continuation bet the whole hand" seem to contradict each other. That's on the assumption that by 'solid' you mean a tight player, as opposed to competent player for the skill level. 3. I don't mind the Preflop flat call. But in a tourney, especially as late as you say it is, I think you need to find out where you are at some point before the river. Either raise flop or bet turn would work to do this I believe. If you are raised in either spot then fold if you still put him on the ace or call if you are committed, dependent on stack size. 4. I don't think Villain can make this river play unless you play this as passively as you did.
  • 2 weeks later...