Im Very Confused About Sb Approach.

Hello all I bought Daniels Power Holdem Strategy book and i like it a lot. I'm reading the sb section and i'm trying to figure out am i supposed to play only from the button or do as Daniel says in the three videos i've watch on youtube. I've seen the vidoes on how to win texas holdem with Danile Negreanu. Do i want to play every hand i get in or out of position i dont know please help.

Hello all I bought Daniels Power Holdem Strategy book and i like it a lot. I'm reading the sb section and i'm trying to figure out am i supposed to play only from the button or do as Daniel says in the three videos i've watch on youtube. I've seen the vidoes on how to win texas holdem with Danile Negreanu. Do i want to play every hand i get in or out of position i dont know please help.
small ball takes experience -- years to learn and good reads to play if you have to ask what you should be playing, you aren't ready for small ball imho.If you're talking about the small blind, fold.
small ball takes experience -- years to learn and good reads to play if you have to ask what you should be playing, you aren't ready for small ball imho.If you're talking about the small blind, fold.
your right but in order for me to learn i have to ask questions so i will be able to make the right choices when it comes to applying the smallball strategy. The only way to do that is to get feed back from other members who are more experience and has better understanding than i do. Thanks for the feed back.
Forget smallball, play power poker!
If you look at my SharkScope graphs you'll see the kind of shit Power poker leads to. lmao. I am a sick human being.
  • 2 weeks later...

Basically small ball is really about winning a lot of small pots and not commiting a lot of chips without a monster hand. You do this by playing a lot of pots in position and really outplaying your opponent postflop. This style of play is very advanced since it leads to a lot of people playing back at you, and you really need to be able to hand read and pick up patterns to avoid making wrong decisions that can cost you money. If you're just learning poker i would start with small stakes and just worry about getting the fundamentals down like playing more hands in position and tighten up oop. Learn to cbet effectively. Learn to read the board and start to pick up player tendancies ect ect.

im not sure exactly what daniel talks about in his book, as i havent read it yet.imo if you want to try to play a more small ball approach, try making your preflop raises a little smaller, raise the button and co almost any time you play a hand from them, and fire at lots of pots with 1/2-3/4 size bets. this includes firing into preflop raisers from out of posistion a lot.