2. 2. ALCS

• Rays
    • Red Sox
  3. 3. World Series

• Dodgers
    • Phillies
    • Rays
    • Red Sox

think we shipped Jeff Frye and Wasdin off for him and something else.
Nah I think we gave up Frye and Wasdin for free. They got Frye in the deal, but they had to take Way-Back-Wasdin with him.:PEdit: Wasdin's career numbers: 39-39, 793 IP, 5.28 ERA. lol
wow, NO ONE picking the Phillies. I picked the Red Sox, but there's just something about that Rays team, I could see them taking it all.
Well, I was the only one to pick Phillies to go to WS. I agree with your statement about the Rays though.
wow, NO ONE picking the Phillies. I picked the Red Sox, but there's just something about that Rays team, I could see them taking it all.
I didn't pick them in this, but I hope the Rays take it all.
Dodgers over Rays
lol at that screen shot; I never saw that comment at the time.As for the thread, I obviously picked the Dodgers, but I really want nothing to do with the Red Sox. Too much stress, although it would make for great drama.
lol at that screen shot; I never saw that comment at the time.As for the thread, I obviously picked the Dodgers, but I really want nothing to do with the Red Sox. Too much stress, although it would make for great drama.
haha I was hoping that you saw that. :)As for a Dodgers Red Sox series, that would be so sick seeing Manny go back to Boston. If the Sox do make it as well as the Dodgers, I think Manny would destroy them. You going to Sunday and Monday's game Patrick?
haha I was hoping that you saw that. :club: As for a Dodgers Red Sox series, that would be so sick seeing Manny go back to Boston. If the Sox do make it as well as the Dodgers, I think Manny would destroy them. You going to Sunday and Monday's game Patrick?
No, I didn't have the foresight (cough...confidence...cough) to buy NLCS tickets. My brother and I decided we would probably shell out for ws tickets, but not for nlcs.
A walk-off at Fenway = a win for the Red Sox imo.
Once Manny hit his HR in the top of the inning, all the fight would go out of the team and crowd obviously, and the game would be effectively over.Or something.
Nah I think we gave up Frye and Wasdin for free. They got Frye in the deal, but they had to take Way-Back-Wasdin with him.:PEdit: Wasdin's career numbers: 39-39, 793 IP, 5.28 ERA. lol
My two favorite things about Wasdin (besides his nickname):- The fact that he (and Tomo Ohka) through a perfect game in AAA- His reaction when he learned he was traded to ColoradoAs for the subject at hand, this Rays-Sox series will be a lot of fun. The Rays are a top-tier talent with a multi-faceted attack that will shred through whoever comes out of the NL, should they get past the Sox. Still, I can't think of anything more fun than Manny (with his buddies Lowe, Nomar, and Torre) coming back to Fenway. The crowd will go absolutely berserk. I can totally understand not wanting to see the Sox in the series again, but that shitshow might make it palatable. Added bonus: Sox fans (at least the ones I know) are totally on board with trading Manny and realize that it had to be done and that we're better off...however, Red Sox Nation (for lack of a better word) will not be able to handle losing to the Dodgers if Manny's doing the damage. So...root for the Dodgers, because no one wins if it's Sox-Phillies (except for the Red Sox. And me. And Tim Wakefield...both of them...who seem to be good guys, really.)