Hockey Pool Draft In Toronto

wee...I love it...The only bet I demolish is against two of my favourite guys on the board... :club:
do you ever win anything gracefully, or are you just an ass hole full time.
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you ever win anything gracefully, or are you just an ass hole full time.
not used to winning...And just joking my friend.
amot that you even need to say that. You should know me by now.
lol...I know...I think your Leafs are gonna propel you over Arp's team in the last few games.
the bet is the overall loser covers the dinner up to $20 and the entry $20 for both the other guys. So the overall loser has to pay $80. If it is a tie than the bottom 2 will just pay $20 each, to cover the top guys dinner and entry fee. Arp if you want to settle we can each just split the loss and pay for Serge's dinner and entry or we can let it ride and have the loser pay the whole $80. Iam cool either way. As of today I have a 1 point lead on you.
Ok, so here's the thing:The pool will probably be $40.Are you saying if you finish last, you gotta pay $40 for dinner ($20 for ea.) AND $80 for the pool ($40 for ea.)?Bottom guy loses $120?
Ok, so here's the thing:The pool will probably be $40.Are you saying if you finish last, you gotta pay $40 for dinner ($20 for ea.) AND $80 for the pool ($40 for ea.)?Bottom guy loses $120?
We went with the same price as last years pool so only $20 for the pool and $20 for dinner. If the pool jumps up to $40 than the winner has to cover the rest, the bet was to only cover $20 for the pool and $20 for the dinner of both winners.Bottom guy loses $80 or we can chop the loss and just pay $20 each.
How about picking up the other persons tab at next years draft seeing there is one. Up to $20 should include an entree and a cola or beer. If either dont make it next year $20 on pokerstars.
Dam Iam a retard and you're just lazy Arp here's the bet. So its only the dinner and a drink up to $20 so the loser pays $40 for the meal nothing more.
Dam Iam a retard and you're just lazy Arp here's the bet. So its only the dinner and a drink up to $20 so the loser pays $40 for the meal nothing more.
Im just lazy, I couldnt remember and I trusted YOU. :club: Ok, so now its between you and I to see which one of us has to buy dinner+drinks for the other 2. battle of the two worst teams in the pool!!! lolanyone else on FCP want in??? sure, you guys will drive/fly thousands of miles for a Poker Tournament at the HHOF with superstars of hockey in attendance, but you wont stoop to a playoff pool at a glorious Shoeless Joe's in Markham complete with world famous Armenians Serge and Pezeveng in attendance? Not to mention one of my friends who is planning to attend is a world champion in hockey. He'd be glad to pose for pictures, sign autographs.(ball hockey champion, 2007)
Im just lazy, I couldnt remember and I trusted YOU. :club: Ok, so now its between you and I to see which one of us has to buy dinner+drinks for the other 2. battle of the two worst teams in the pool!!! lolanyone else on FCP want in??? sure, you guys will drive/fly thousands of miles for a Poker Tournament at the HHOF with superstars of hockey in attendance, but you wont stoop to a playoff pool at a glorious Shoeless Joe's in Markham complete with world famous Armenians Serge and Pezeveng in attendance? Not to mention one of my friends who is planning to attend is a world champion in hockey. He'd be glad to pose for pictures, sign autographs.(ball hockey champion, 2007)
This the pool drafting on April 13th you referred to earlier in the thread? If so, I may be in, depending on the time. Details?
This the pool drafting on April 13th you referred to earlier in the thread? If so, I may be in, depending on the time. Details?
probably $40 entrylocation Woodbine+Steeles Shoeless Joe'sanywhere from 8-15 poolies.start time id guess will be 8 or 8:30pm. simple snake draft, with only points counting.anything else you wanted to know?
probably $40 entrylocation Woodbine+Steeles Shoeless Joe'sanywhere from 8-15 poolies.start time id guess will be 8 or 8:30pm. simple snake draft, with only points counting.anything else you wanted to know?
Sounds good, unless I get a shit ton of work dropped on me from the long weekend, I'll be there.
Sounds good, unless I get a shit ton of work dropped on me from the long weekend, I'll be there.
you still planning on coming? I pm'ed you my cell phone number, give me a call if your gonna be late at all.Sev, can you make it? Looks like you got a free meal+drink on me, so try and come.We're up to 10-12 guys at least.

sorry Arp duty calls working all day than picking up the parents from the train station. I guess I will wait till september for my entree and coca cola. The best part of that bet is I still technically have never lost to Serge.BTW if somehow you come back on the last day this is a great jinx.

I m very excited about this tonight..After a not bad regular season where I finished 6th out of 14, I plan on taking down this one..I have two rules..Dont pick Penguins(as they suck balls and they will lose to Philly) and dont pick Montreal players, as they suck and will get swept by Boston.

I m very excited about this tonight..After a not bad regular season where I finished 6th out of 14, I plan on taking down this one..I have two rules..Dont pick Penguins(as they suck balls and they will lose to Philly) and dont pick Montreal players, as they suck and will get swept by Boston.
Serge, and if Insanity is around.......it is highly unlikely we do this, but in the past, we used a certain format for this draft. When we have only 8-10 poolies, sometimes this format works really well.would you guys be against a format such as this:each poolie takes 16players.rule is you must have 1, and only 1, player from each team.PRO: Makes for a different stratedgy, usually close and very heads up endings to the pool, upsets dont knock you out. Its ideal when your already doing enough of the other standard draft poolsCON: More simplistic, and if we get a lot of poolies, you get really deep on bad teams. And it takes away from drafting teams you like.Note, I dont think we will be doing it this way, and the ONLY WAY we would do it like this is if EVERYONE agrees. But I just wanted to give you guys a heads up just in case. But if you guys are there, and anyone disagress. we will have a straight draft. Its just a suggestion.thoughts?
Serge, and if Insanity is around.......it is highly unlikely we do this, but in the past, we used a certain format for this draft. When we have only 8-10 poolies, sometimes this format works really well.would you guys be against a format such as this:each poolie takes 16players.rule is you must have 1, and only 1, player from each team.PRO: Makes for a different stratedgy, usually close and very heads up endings to the pool, upsets dont knock you out. Its ideal when your already doing enough of the other standard draft poolsCON: More simplistic, and if we get a lot of poolies, you get really deep on bad teams. And it takes away from drafting teams you like.Note, I dont think we will be doing it this way, and the ONLY WAY we would do it like this is if EVERYONE agrees. But I just wanted to give you guys a heads up just in case. But if you guys are there, and anyone disagress. we will have a straight draft. Its just a suggestion.thoughts?
its interesting..I dont particularly disagree, but not my favourite situation..But if its a majority I definetely wont debunk the idea.
Oh god, I agree with Serge on both of these, maybe I should just ship $40 and not even bother showing up.
I'm the random interweb dude in this, so I won't disagree if there's a consensus one way or another. I'd prefer a standard snake draft, but I'm up for whatever.On another note, I don't think I've ever met any of you guys before, so what should I be looking for when I get there? Where will you guys be?
Oh god, I agree with Serge on both of these, maybe I should just ship $40 and not even bother showing up.I'm the random interweb dude in this, so I won't disagree if there's a consensus one way or another. I'd prefer a standard snake draft, but I'm up for whatever.On another note, I don't think I've ever met any of you guys before, so what should I be looking for when I get there? Where will you guys be?
I am sure you cant miss us..

This was fun this evening...We had the draft and then since we went so quick , did another one...The second draft was really fun, as you basically pick 16 players...The kicker is you can only have one player from each team..Very fun....Last two teams I picked..OBV montreal and pittsburgh...Lapierre and Tyler ****ing Kennedy....I have.

This was fun this evening...We had the draft and then since we went so quick , did another one...The second draft was really fun, as you basically pick 16 players...The kicker is you can only have one player from each team..Very fun....Last two teams I picked..OBV montreal and pittsburgh...Lapierre and Tyler ****ing Kennedy....I have.
i gotta admit, the two drafts in one night I didnt see coming. But it was great.Im a big fan of the 1 per team method, I just didnt want to force it on anyone earlier. They always end so well too, usually close tight finishes during the Finals. Oh, and dont forget your Gomez pick Serge. Pool winner that one!I'll post up the 2 pools once I put them into officepools tommorow. GL to the FCP contingent, Serge and InsanityCubed, who Serge and I met for the first time tonight.

Arp,Who is the friend that is a ball hockey champion?From the people there last night, I would think its Brandon???

Arp,Who is the friend that is a ball hockey champion?From the people there last night, I would think its Brandon???
He couldn't make it. But Brandon is pretty good too, he's won a couple of national tier 1/2 titles with his team.About 5yrs ago, Brandon was an unreal player. Toughest bastard to play against, and dirty too. He was a rock, just couldnt move him.