I don't remember what your stack was at as far as blind ratio you called, but I distinctly remembered thinking "wow, I'm surprised he called there against this guy with 8's".You were in the 20'ish/bb range, right?
Yeah about that. I'm not excited to get in a spot like that vs the way he was playing, but it's the kind of hand that I would have to lie to certain people if I folded to keep from being berated. Pretty standard. Plus, leaving myself with ten bbs or so isn't the end of the world.Believe me, I'm a nit, I like to fold.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hh for 88 hand?
PokerStars Game #20967016943: Tournament #110984163, $500+$30 Hold'em No Limit - Level XXV (20000/40000) - 2008/10/06 2:39:30 ETTable '110984163 94' 9-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: PMJackson21 (852752 in chips) Seat 4: Titantom32 (1668368 in chips) Seat 5: twirlpro (3397441 in chips) Seat 6: hervios (398919 in chips) Seat 7: StanTerakom (909037 in chips) Seat 9: RifePot (2283483 in chips) PMJackson21: posts the ante 4000Titantom32: posts the ante 4000twirlpro: posts the ante 4000hervios: posts the ante 4000StanTerakom: posts the ante 4000RifePot: posts the ante 4000Titantom32: posts small blind 20000twirlpro: posts big blind 40000*** HOLE CARDS ***hervios: raises 354919 to 394919 and is all-inStanTerakom: folds RifePot: folds PMJackson21: raises 453833 to 848752 and is all-inTitantom32: folds twirlpro: folds Uncalled bet (453833) returned to PMJackson21*** FLOP *** [6s 3h 2c]*** TURN *** [6s 3h 2c] [6d]*** RIVER *** [6s 3h 2c 6d] [Kc]PMJackson21 said, "nh"*** SHOW DOWN ***hervios: shows [Ts Td] (two pair, Tens and Sixes)PMJackson21: shows [8s 8c] (two pair, Eights and Sixes)Titantom32 said, "nh"hervios collected 873838 from potRifePot said, "nh"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 873838 | Rake 0 Board [6s 3h 2c 6d Kc]Seat 1: PMJackson21 (button) showed [8s 8c] and lost with two pair, Eights and SixesSeat 4: Titantom32 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: twirlpro (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 6: hervios showed [Ts Td] and won (873838) with two pair, Tens and SixesSeat 7: StanTerakom folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: RifePot folded before Flop (didn't bet)Nice finish PMJ, nice KO of belowabove too.

gg wtg

without knowing how the ss is playing, I think it's a pretty standard call with the 88. Maybe if he has been playing super tight, then you can fold 88, but I wouldn't blame Pat for calling at all.gg btw, nice score :club:

Well done PMJ!As for the 88 hand, well, call me nitty, but I'm taking some serious timebankage and possibly even folding against an early shover who has appeared to be patient...I'm either dominated or racing, which puts the caller in a tough position with a mid-low pair. Unfortunately, Hervios surfaced with a dominating pair instead of overs...Pretty ballsy call, too bad it didn't pay off...

Congrats Pat!!

Yeah about that. I'm not excited to get in a spot like that vs the way he was playing, but it's the kind of hand that I would have to lie to certain people if I folded to keep from being berated. Pretty standard. Plus, leaving myself with ten bbs or so isn't the end of the world.Believe me, I'm a nit, I like to fold.
And I lol'd at this because sometimes it is sooooooo true!!! I mean, it sucks because you know it's a standard call, but you KNOW that you are most likely dominated and probably be better off folding.
Don't GG him, he is the enemy.Suck it Patrick. You too Poppy "I am extra queer because I am a grown man and love Beverly Hills 90210" Hills.
don't be coming into pmj's house with that attitude. he'll go mike holmes on you. he'll renovate your ass. he'll tear down your foundations and make you better. you'll be structurally sound once he's done with you. where was i going with this?

GG PMJ!!!As the other resident mtt nit around here, I am making the play Pat made a BRAZZZZZZILLLION % of the time there 6 handed etc. Just unlucky that the other guy woke up w/ a hand that crushes us rather than a race or 60/40 spot for us.Hope that cut into your makeup a bit!!!!

tyty all & tracey.blah the 88 vs tt hand killed me. obv the guy wakes up with a real hand on a short stack. Then I finally lost an all in, sigh. Double pair the board one time? :club:
ya i know the feeling. was on the other end couple times last night in mil and 2nd chance too and it sux to lose! regardless well played pat and i know i'll get to rail some more ft's of urs in the future obv
GG PMJ!!!As the other resident mtt nit around here, I am making the play Pat made a BRAZZZZZZILLLION % of the time there 6 handed etc. Just unlucky that the other guy woke up w/ a hand that crushes us rather than a race or 60/40 spot for us.Hope that cut into your makeup a bit!!!!
Totally agree. PMJ took it well but I don't think talking strat for these types of hands is the greatest idea as it always seems to end in tears, particularly when some of the opinions offered are virtually irrelevant as they come from SSMTT guys. That isn't supposed to be a criticism - one of the great things about forums is that they allow casual players to interact with pros. I just think discussing bust out hands / big losing hands at big FTs is dangerous ground.Anyway gg. Just make sure you have the 10s and he the 8s next time!