• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're a better MTT player than I am (seeing as you just made in a day what it takes me months to grind out in cash games), but I hated the overshove with 8's. Hervios was being very patient, you still had two people to act behind you, the best case scenario there was that you were racing, worst case (which given the circumstances, was likely) you were crushed. I don't think he's doing that there with a hand worse than 8's- maybe 7's, but that's about it. Its a hand I would go all in with if I were shortstacked, but would likely fold to an AI from a shortstack who was still 'tall enough' to hurt me. Congrats on the score.

You're probably a better MTT player than I am (seeing as you just made in a day what it takes me months to grind out in cash games), but I hated the overshove with 8's. Hervios was being very patient, you still had two people to act behind you, the best case scenario there was that you were racing, worst case (which given the circumstances, was likely) you were crushed. I don't think he's doing that there with a hand worse than 8's- maybe 7's, but that's about it. Its a hand I would go all in with if I were shortstacked, but would likely fold to an AI from a shortstack who was still 'tall enough' to hurt me. Congrats on the score.
I can't fold 88 6 handed for 9 bbs, not when I need the chips to compete with the other stacks at the table. With my make up figure, I can't be concerned with moving up a spot or two. :)You are right though, he was very patient.

I don't remember what your stack was at as far as blind ratio you called, but I distinctly remembered thinking "wow, I'm surprised he called there with 8's against this guy" given the effective stack sizes.You were in the 20'ish/bb range at that time, right?I could be mistaken.Also, I looked you up on P5's- you're definitely a better MTT player than I am. Still hated that call against that guy in that spot with 8s.