El Guapo & Randy Reed's Cooking Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the best way to microwave frozen chicken nuggets?

in a deep fryer.

Hey, Dutch. I’ve got nothing to add. Just saw you posted last and I always enjoy your posts. I’m in the process of buying a house and it has a gas range. Pretty stoked about it.

Well if you buy some it will last forever, it really doesn't go off for years so it is a good "investment". I just remembered that when I was in KS jeffstrat's parents gave me a little hamper of British stuff for Xmas including a pot of Marmite, isn't that cute? There were British speciality stores in both Lawrence and Leavenworth in KS. There was even one on Coronado in San Diego too. Maybe there is a British store near you? If there is I am positive they will have marmite.
BaDaBing! I found a British Specialty store about a half hour north of where I live. I called and they have that and Vegemite as well. He says he has some that just went out of date that he has on "sale" so you are saying that it's okay to get those then?
BaDaBing! I found a British Specialty store about a half hour north of where I live. I called and they have that and Vegemite as well. He says he has some that just went out of date that he has on "sale" so you are saying that it's okay to get those then?
DON'T get the Vegemite, that stuff is the evil Australasian brother of Marmite.I wasn't saying to get out of date Marmite, I was saying when you buy it it ought to have a long shelf life. I don't think expired Marmite is a good idea since it is made of yeast.
DON'T get the Vegemite, that stuff is the evil Australasian brother of Marmite.I wasn't saying to get out of date Marmite, I was saying when you buy it it ought to have a long shelf life. I don't think expired Marmite is a good idea since it is made of yeast.
Oh nuts. I ran a bunch of errands today and lastly decided to go to the specialty store. I had never been to that part of town the roads were under construction and I got lost about 9 times. Finally found the place and it was a cheap, kinda cheezey store but clean. The old guy named Harry was super nice though and talked to me the whole time I was in there. He probably hadn't seen a customer in a while. I wanted to browse but he pretty much wouldn't let me. They had the marmite though and the hilarious thing is it would have been cheaper to order it online and pay the shipping, duh! I did go with the bigger squeeze bottle that was a few months out of date since I hadn't read your post. :headbang: Oh well, after 2 hours of driving and all the effort I am going to have some fucking nut roast if it kills me!OH yeah, and I bought a bunch of other stuff and have no clue what it is. Harry was quite the salesman showing me the huge display or memoriable he had to his dead wife, playing on my sympathies and guilting me into $50 worth of stuff and I didnt' even get tea. Sweet ol' guy though.
  • 4 weeks later...

I learned something in Reproductive Pathophysiology today. Maceration is not just a process in which food becomes delicious. It's also a process in which problematic pig embryos...well, you can guess. It's going to be a good food month for me. Going to a Cambodian restaurant for Valentine's Day and a French restaurant for my birthday. Somewhat sadly, that's a big month and very exciting in my world.

I learned something in Reproductive Pathophysiology today.
Wait, what thread am I in?
Maceration is not just a process in which food becomes delicious.
Macewhat?
It's also a process in which problematic pig embryos...well, you can guess.
No, I can't!
It's going to be a good food month for me.
Cool.
Going to a Cambodian restaurant for Valentine's Day and a French restaurant for my birthday.
Now I'm just doing this to piss Scram off.
Somewhat sadly, that's a big month and very exciting in my world.
Going to nice restaurants is exciting for me too.
It's going to be a good food month for me. Going to a Cambodian restaurant for Valentine's Day and a French restaurant for my birthday. Somewhat sadly, that's a big month and very exciting in my world.
Speedz is in love
  • 3 years later...

Since the Holidays are coming up here is the turkey I make each year. It is a take off of one Emeril did a few years back. But I have tweaked it to my liking.

1 Turkey

1 Cup of Kosher salt

1 Cup Peppercorns

1 Cup crushed pepper

1 lb cranberries

1 lb unsalted butter

Paprika

Chili Powder

Garlic Powder

Onion Powder

Oregano

Basil

Gallon of Apple Cider (the thick homemade stuff)

6 Pack of Dark beer ( I use Full Sail Amber Ale)

Get a large bowl or even a plastic storage bin and put the rinsed turkey and cover with salt, pepper, peppercorns, cranberries (crushed a bit) Apple cider and beer. You are going to want to let that brine for at least 24 hours, 48 would be preferable. On the day you are going to cook it, you will take the butter and melt it with the rest of the spices(change that up to your taste.)

I use a turkey roaster like this:000_2566.jpg but you can do this in the oven, or on a BBQ.

Stuff the turkey with whatever stuffing you like, put some potatoes, quarter onions, apples bell peppers, and lemons around the turkey in the roaster. Cover the turkey in some of the butter, then every 15-30 minutes add more butter. After 2-3 hours depending on size you will have the juiciest turkey you have ever eaten. Also the gravy you make from the drippings will have the most wonderful apple flavor and will be very sweet.

I couldn't read that with the broken formatting. I'm sure its a nice turkey but I don't like fruit mixed in with my meat, especially apples.

I forgot about this thread. Too bad it died out. Along with most of the regular posters in here.

Dice three chicken breasts.

Season liberally and brown them in oil in a large saute pan, then remove to the side. Add to the pan:

a large handful of linguini

a sliced onion

6 cloves of sliced garlic

two big double handfuls of cherry tomatoes, halved

10 or so leaves of fresh basil, coarsely chopped

a couple glugs of olive oil

as much chili pepper flake as you can handle (.5 - 1 teaspoon)

1 litre of water

Bring it to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook for 9 minutes (stirring) until the noodles are acceptably cooked and the sauce has thickened to your liking. Serve with parmesan.

Sounds good. Season liberally with what? Salt and pepper or???

Also, how many cups in a litre??

• 4 weeks later...