In case the OP is still here, if you play at the bike and get a card (free), you get a free meal after playing 3 hours at any limit. No other club that I am aware of does that. If you happen to go there weds night, come up to the top section and say hi (ask for Scott (SS), the floormen there should know who I am, I am usually at the 20/40 table).Wherever you go in LA, the action is crazy, and the players are mostly horrible. 4/8 probably has the best action.

go to commerce. do not go to hollywood park. commerce is the best cardroom on earth. they have every limit you could want.have fun
I second that. Commerce is the place to go. They have games starting from $1/$2 to whatever....
When you talk about pechanga, your talking about cash games right? i play in the $25 tournaments all the time. Dont see that many bad playes cause they get all knocked out. If the cash games are just as bad ill start playing them.
The $25 tournaments are a waste of time, you might as well go downstairs and play $25 worth of slots. The blinds increase so quickly that you have no chance unless you get cards immidiately. The payout structure is also horrid. My buddy came in 11th one night in a $75 tourney, and got $150 back. I heard that they even kept the same structure when they had the $540 tournement. I don't know if I will ever go back, due to the fact that I mostly play tournements, but if I did go back it would be to play against those WPT watching limit players.
I'd agree with that, the tournament structure is horrid. After an 1 1/2 hours it literally becomes two move poker...all in or fold! There are some god awful people that play in these tournaments, take this hand for example.I'm in big blind with 8, 2 oKeep in mind the SB has pocket kings and has only a few hundred in chips left and blinds are at $100-$200. Button limps in, SB calls, so I check. Flop comes J, 6, 2 rainbow. Everyone checks.Turn is Q, again everyone checksRiver is an 8, so I have 2 pair. SB checks, I bet enough to put him all i, button folds and SB calls. Shows his pocket K's and he's out of the tourney. I would have folded anytime during that hand to any bet until the river card.