Official Palin/biden Debate Thread

Debate analysis: Palin spoke at 10th-grade level, Biden at eighthAn analysis carried out by a language monitoring service said Friday that Gov. Sarah Palin spoke at a more than ninth-grade level and Sen. Joseph Biden spoke at a nearly eighth-grade level in Thursday night's debate between the vice presidential candidates.http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/03/deb...ords/index.html
Wouldn't a nearly 8th grade level be a 7th grade level?
  • Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Debate analysis: Palin spoke at 10th-grade level, Biden at eighthAn analysis carried out by a language monitoring service said Friday that Gov. Sarah Palin spoke at a more than ninth-grade level and Sen. Joseph Biden spoke at a nearly eighth-grade level in Thursday night's debate between the vice presidential candidates.http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/03/deb...ords/index.html
This article was actually pretty terrible and worthless (no offense).
One of my closest friends is gay and also has other gay friends and they'll all be voting for Obama and are "comfortable" with his position on civil union. I really wish the moderator would have asked a follow up on this question because she let them both off the hook. Biden made a mistake by not saying that he is for civil union, while if Palin was asked a follow up question she would have been forced to explain that she isn't for civil unions or for gay rights. She said she could tolerate gay people and thinks they should be allowed to see each other in a hospital, but at no point did she say that she would support legislation to allow that. Neither did Biden, but he should have.
Welcome:Being Republican is the new gay
Seriously, this is the kind of crap that you just have to stop.Somebody makes a small joke and you go nuts and call it a personal attack and then tell a Woman poster to go back to the kitchen.Start treating other people with respect and civility.
"A" small joke? Its been the only thing shes said in response to my last 5 or 6 posts. Im not treating people with respect if they cant do the same.
It's not the same though. She was very careful with her words but the McCain campaign does NOT support civil union while the Obama camp does.
Incorrect:<LI>Gay Marriage - Believes it's an issue best left up to the states. While in the Senate McCain voted "No" on a constitutional ban of same-sex marriage.
Incorrect:<LI>Gay Marriage - Believes it's an issue best left up to the states. While in the Senate McCain voted "No" on a constitutional ban of same-sex marriage.
I was sleeping, thanks for doing your job number 1.
seriously, go back to the kitchen youre worthless. i give facts to back up anything that isnt solely belief based. im tired of your baseless personal attacks. goodbye
Baseless personal attacks? I think I've been more than tolerant of yours against me. So if you want to say goodbye all then don't let the door hit you in the butt.
Seriously, this is the kind of crap that you just have to stop.Somebody makes a small joke and you go nuts and call it a personal attack and then tell a Woman poster to go back to the kitchen.Start treating other people with respect and civility.
Thank you Bob
"A" small joke? Its been the only thing shes said in response to my last 5 or 6 posts. Im not treating people with respect if they cant do the same.
You've not treated me with respect since I started posting here. Why should I expect that you'll start now. It's not my fault that you have no sense of humor whatsoever. I've basically tried to be reasonable with you even when you haven't been. But why bother when you can't seem to be?
Yeah, you need to just stick to calling people "Raving Idiots" or "Assholes" since that is apparently more acceptable.Seriously though, the "kitchen" comment was a little childish - even though the "woman poster" has demonstrated a lack of wit and intelligence and has certainly earned disrespect with the lack of respect she has shown in so many of her posts.
Seriously though, the "kitchen" comment was a little childish - even though the "woman poster" has demonstrated a lack of wit and intelligence and has certainly earned disrespect with the lack of respect she has shown in so many of her posts.
It is...but it is essentially what many democatic surrogates have said to Sarah Palin...It doesnt sound good when any one says it
Yeah, you need to just stick to calling people "Raving Idiots" or "Assholes" since that is apparently more acceptable.Seriously though, the "kitchen" comment was a little childish - even though the "woman poster" has demonstrated a lack of wit and intelligence and has certainly earned disrespect with the lack of respect she has shown in so many of her posts.
You should have seen my post before I edited it to just stereotyping her into the kitchen :club:
You should have seen my post before I edited it to just stereotyping her into the kitchen :club:
I have self-edited so many responses to her I'm starting to forget what I have actually said or left unsaid.
lolyou go Maverick
Assuming thats last nights SNL, I was in tears too. It was equal opportunity bashing at its best. "Biden"s Scranton rant might not have hit home for a lot of people, but my son is at Univ. of Scranton (yeah...my son at a Jesuit school, go figure), and except for a few gentrified areas of downtown and the campus itself, Scranton is a rat infested hole.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/05/i...f_n_132028.htmlhuffpo... msnbc... yes I realize a lot of you probably are not going to watch it on principle, but it's an interesting four minute clip with gwen ifill and others. nothing irritates me more than a debate in which one party is completely uninterested in following the format.