Official Palin/biden Debate Thread

I'd put it as a Draw. Perhaps mildly Biden, but if you think he "owned" it......I'd just have to mark it up to bias.She didn't screw up like some had expected/hoped/feared. Neither did Biden.
Yeah they were both gaffe free. I would say a draw too (although I really think Biden won by a little but the low expectations on Palin will make it play as a draw imo)
  • Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG GWEN IFILL WAS SUCH AN AWFUL MODERATOR, SHE WAS SO BIASED JUST LIKE YOU GUYS PREDICTED!not
She did a good job, I thought she would (and said so) but she still should not have been allowed to.
OMG GWEN IFILL WAS SUCH AN AWFUL MODERATOR, SHE WAS SO BIASED JUST LIKE YOU GUYS PREDICTED!not
I think everyone agrees at this point that Ifill was fine. I only think the campaign for McCain played that fact up was they thought it could help further lower the expectations on Palin....I dont believe they really though Ifill would be unfair. Her reputation as unbiased is quite strong.
there are actually a number of jobs that pay off your student loans for you as part of governmental programs (Federal level and state level).My wife is a school psychologist and she gets critical shortage pay and 50% of her student loans paid off.
Or you could live somewhere like Georgia and get your school paid for by the good ol' G O V through lottery sales.
Final tally...very close, but Palin won.Only because Biden should have crushed her.And she should (or could) have failed miserably.Neither happened.
This is about where I am at. If any Republicans were looking to bail they won't anymore. She isn't close to as dumb or out of touch as the MSM has tried to paint her recently. Now we can look forward to next week. Sweet. Honestly, she did a great job of selling herself, nothing embarassing, stayed smiling, connected with the audience.....I think there were times she could have been hammered and she managed to not be so. It was the Sarah Palin show.
I wasn't predicting any Bias - she just put herself in a position to be scrutinized as part of the show which is NOT her job. It was poor judgement and IF there had been ANY need for "real moderation" that would hve been the headline instead of the Debate itself.

Palin sounded like a saleswoman and extremely fake. The CNN and FOX female TV personalities are light years ahead of Palin. It was obvious to everyone that she was dodging questions left and right.Biden sounded warm and genuine.Neither candidate "schooled" the other one, but Obama/Biden is going to get much more out of this then Palin/McCain... oops, I'm sorry McCain/Palin

CNN is mostly gushing about how she helped more than hurt her ticket. I am surprised, but have to agree.Details be damned (no on seems to care anyway) but she came off likeable again to those who first liked her.And Biden did damn well, but that was not a surprise. He was supposed to.The "tie' is leaning towards Palin I think, like it or not.

"We can enforce a No fly zone..."Yeah, that worked well in Iraq.
That no fly works when 100 people with AK-47s WALK into a village with weapons on full auto!!!

Clearly this Debate was about Palin. Everyone on BOTH sides wanted to see if she could handle it - and she did. So in that regard, she "won". She also didn't come across as unprepared to lead. However if you put them on an equal starting point and expectations - then Biden was a mild winner on controlling the debate and content (even if it wasn't true at times).

Palin: But there are real changes going on in our climate. And I don't want to argue about the causes. What I want to argue about is, how are we going to get there to positively affect the impacts? Biden: If you don't understand what the cause is, it's virtually impossible to come up with a solution. lol

Honestly, she did a great job of selling herself, nothing embarassing, stayed smiling, connected with the audience.....I think there were times she could have been hammered and she managed to not be so. It was the Sarah Palin show.
Wow, that's your argument that she isn't as dumb or out of touch as the MSM media paints her as huh? Go high standards!!I could go down to the local community college and pick 5 ladies out of a random public speaking class that would have done just as well or better than Palin just did when given specific topics to talk about and told to go back to them when the subject changed. She was as big of an example of avoidance as Biden was about truths.

she didnt even counter when Biden's shot down the Maverick label (imo that that was pretty powerful speech) that and the issue of the powers of VP and having an understand of what powers the job entails ~ were high points that she faulted on.

she didnt even counter when Biden's shot down the Maverick label (imo that that was pretty powerful speech) that and the issue of the powers of VP and having an understand of what powers the job entails ~ were high points that she faulted on.
She seems to have scored high with the "Individual Responsibility - Americans aren't going to take it any more" Answer.